Geek Wold Discussion
Jul 26, 2021 at 3:19 PM Post #182 of 1,620
Posted out of box impression here, will keep reporting the continuing impressions on this thread.

9ADCDD38-791E-4F07-B381-1E300BF11A80.jpeg
D62E8509-E1C2-4E07-9E09-B13219968DCC.jpeg
69B38C5F-84E5-49F1-8A67-EC6E22422699.jpeg

Jul 26, 2021 at 3:44 PM Post #184 of 1,620
You guys understand why that puts him at odds with the GK10 right?
You think he really cares about whether the gk10 does well or not? There’s a tonne of earphones in this price range and many are popular in their own rights. The gk10 getting some love will mean maybe a 1000 or more being sold (that could be generous). But there’s 8 billion people on this world. The gk10 doing well will not lower the amount of units of his iem that gets sold and vice versa.

we also forget that this is a very niche hobby where cellphone manufacturers would scoff at the numbers of the best selling iem from any of these threads. Whether the iem stands the test of time like other popular IEM’s is the deciding factor on how many units get sold and so I don’t understand how you could question his motif.

(sorry this next paragraph is probably not related to the top paragraphs but was initiated)
honestly this whole hobby goes against my best instincts and makes my skin crawl sometimes because the BSc postgrad side of me loves objectivity. Subjectivity is a thing but is also a route to never reaching an end because it’s driven by opinion and emotion. Something definitive is only possible with objectivity and I wish this hobby had that. (This is just me ranting after spending a year in this hobby thinking I’d get a better sounding headphone/earphone/speakers but all I’ve found is people can’t agree on something like that).

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #185 of 1,620
Well lets get back at it then. You all are here to see how others are hearing the GK10. Bring on them impressions. This thread is about the GK10. None of that side business maters. Glad folks are enjoying them GK10s as I have.

They seem to get better and better.

Jul 26, 2021 at 3:55 PM Post #186 of 1,620
Posted out of box impression here, will keep reporting the continuing impressions on this thread.

9ADCDD38-791E-4F07-B381-1E300BF11A80.jpegD62E8509-E1C2-4E07-9E09-B13219968DCC.jpeg69B38C5F-84E5-49F1-8A67-EC6E22422699.jpeg
DDs warmed up. It is definitely a Class-A IEM, it is irrelevant to compare to Class-B and C (ZAX, CSN, DQ6, ZSN ProX). So I will compare it to Class A IEMs after burn-in.
Competitors:
-KZ AST (and maybe ZAS)
-Moondrop Aria (filter mod)
-Mangird Tea(with PWA copper 28 V2)
-Blessing2 and Dusk
-CCZ Plume
-TRI Starsea

upperhand comparison:
-Moondrop Variations
-Thieaudio Monarch

Jul 26, 2021 at 4:02 PM Post #187 of 1,620
DDs warmed up. It is definitely a Class-A IEM, it is irrelevant to compare to Class-B and C (ZAX, CSN, DQ6, ZSN ProX). So I will compare it to Class A IEMs after burn-in.

I'm hearing improvement at 20+ hours, so make sure to burn them in! :D

Jul 26, 2021 at 4:25 PM Post #189 of 1,620
Competitors:
-KZ AST (and maybe ZAS)
-Moondrop Aria (filter mod)
-Mangird Tea(with PWA copper 28 V2)
-Blessing2 and Dusk
-CCZ Plume
-TRI Starsea

upperhand comparison:
-Moondrop Variations
-Thieaudio Monarch
Wanna see the comparison to my beloved teas!!

Jul 26, 2021 at 5:48 PM Post #190 of 1,620
People need to stop and realize why they joined the hobby and this forum. Then go take a walk outside with their gear and realize why do they enjoy it.

Somewhere, somehow, people are having the same feeling with different gear, tastes and library. There's no rights and no wrongs if it sounds good to you, be it gear or music.
My one favorite thing about this forum is the complete absence of snobbery or snideness wrt other people's tastes, and I wish it would stay that way. Everybody celebrates other people's preferred music and posted YouTube videos. It's refreshing.

Jul 26, 2021 at 6:04 PM Post #192 of 1,620
My favorite sets I like for vocals being Volt for male and TSMR- Spark for female vocals. Spark is overall my fave for vocals though. The GK10 is one of those great all rounders, well balanced and even handed on everything really, but not a real master of anything at the same time. At this price range I like vocals on the Reecho SG-01 actually does vocals a bit better as it has a bit more forward mid range vs the GK10. Which so happens I posted a review about them over the weekend here.
It is hard to find an aspect of the GK10 that is not good though and that is what is so impressive about them. If you hear them as a whole it presents you with a legit higher end sound, again something you don't expect a $45 earphone can do but is now a reality and that is what makes the GK10 stand out. The difference there is that most budget fi want to be what the GK10 is but due to limitations be it sub par tuning or the ability of the cheaper drivers being used whatever it may be. Is not the same as the GK10.

Oh yea you will dig the treble. Since you own the LAND. You will have a better insight into what a cheap mans version of that land treble is like. Your gonna appreciate it more than most actually. And if your asking me is it worth getting a GK10 if you own a much more superior earphones.

Yes. These will surprise especially for folks that own higher end sets. I mentioned before the reason why these will sell in droves is because. Once you realize the GK10 makes for a perfect gift for a loved one to get them into higher end sound. You know what's up with that.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2021 at 6:17 PM Post #193 of 1,620
My favorite sets I like for vocals being Volt for male and TSMR- Spark for female vocals. Spark is overall my fave for vocals though. The GK10 is one of those great all rounders, well balanced and even handed on everything really, but not a real master of anything at the same time. At this price range I like vocals on the Reecho SG-01 actually does vocals a bit better as it has a bit more forward mid range vs the GK10. Which so happens I posted a review about them over the weekend here.
It is hard to find an aspect of the GK10 that is not good though and that is what is so impressive about them. If you hear them as a whole it presents you with a legit higher end sound, again something you don't expect a $45 earphone can do but is now a reality and that is what makes the GK10 stand out. The difference there is that most budget fi want to be what the GK10 is but due to limitations be it sub par tuning or the ability of the cheaper drivers being used whatever it may be. Is not the same as the GK10.

Oh yea you will dig the treble. Since you own the LAND. You will have a better insight into what a cheap mans version of that land treble is like. Your gonna appreciate it more than most actually. And if your asking me is it worth getting a GK10 if you own a much more superior earphones.

Yes. These will surprise especially for folks that own higher end sets. I mentioned before the reason why these will sell in droves is because. Once you realize the GK10 makes for a perfect gift for a loved one to get them into higher end sound. You know what's up with that.

Thanks :) yeah i'll get a set, just shorting stuff out with penon! Was just curious since I just found im a treble head after all 😂

Edit: also im not in the market for iems after the land. But im on the market for this cheap beautiful sounding things like GK10. Love inovation!

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2021 at 6:43 PM Post #194 of 1,620
Reading this thread I just finding myself wanting to order another pair, even if I hadn't yet heard the first one :)
Can't wait till it arrives. Thats no way so many complimentary odes are for no reason!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back