Geek Wold Discussion
Jul 26, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #166 of 1,620
I am certain Geek designers are looking at this thread. So all your suggestions are valid. For me anyways. I would love to see a more universal housing vs the heart thing. It has grown on me actually but still can't get over the fact that it is in a heart shape. Lol. But I can see why they used this shell shape to put two dynamics on the butt end of the housing at the two humps.

The shape really doesn't bother me. It's actually quite good looking and fits in my ear perfectly. I would only want the metal shell to improve potential durability.

Here I am listening to Sexual Healing with hearts in my ears. I'll make it work...

Also, I'm really liking the variability in stabilised wood @brsdrgn. They all seem unique.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2021 at 1:19 PM Post #168 of 1,620
I have settled on Symbio F foams for the GK10.

It rounds out the tonal picture beautifully, taking a slight edge off the treble that was pushing it towards brittle and away from 'natural', and all this without neutering the soundstage or air.

Happy camper, here!

Edit: changed my mind (it was always going to be tight)! CP360 it is. Part of the appeal of the GK10 is the treble, the CP360 takes away less treble than the Symbio F but keeps it smooth similar to EST treble.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2021 at 1:20 PM Post #169 of 1,620
Classy...

What is wrong with Marvin Gaye? Last time I checked he was a legend and a great singer.

Unnecessary personal toxicity aside, I hope to get the GK10 in somewhere this week. I was wondering what tips people use on them.
Unfortunately the new EU customs crap has kidnapped my package and they keep saying it's expected to arrive "tomorrow". They've been doing this since Friday

I was just kidding by the way.Nothing wrong with Marvin , i don't care Marvin, but the sexual healing is a weak old record, not for earphone testing i think. Bad guy is a deaf idiot hypeman of Linsoul who listen to Def Leppard :) :) that is my opinion, sorry

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #170 of 1,620
Gk10 received.
How light they are ... But the fit is good.
Out if the box and with rhyme cable, they sound balanced, without any peak.
Vocal jazz sounds good.
And there are good basses and sub basses on rock music.

Now it's burning time :wink:
can't wait for your opinion
Right after I've posted, they arrived.

I've ended up paying tax to the delivery guy as well. So, this is sth new but anyway not that related...
IMG_20210726_161010_309.jpg
OOTB, I like what I hear and I don't hear mid bass bloating to the mids. Very energetic set of IEMs I'd say. It has a great synergy and coherence. Mids are nice for both male and female vocals, lush.
20210726_160603.jpg
I don't agree with BGGAR's graph for the bass part. However, I agree with his graph when it comes to treble because there's a peak at 10k definitely, causing slight sibilance.

Piezos do their job well and it's really airy, ultra high ends come with good resolution.

The cable and accessories are bad. I immediately hear the difference when I change the cable to a third party one.
20210726_160707.jpg
These guys sounds different with every cable and set of tips. So, definitely try them with different options.
20210726_160813.jpg
The soundstage is good with a well distribution on three dimensions. Different cables effect the depth of it. Some makes it deeper with narrowing the width. The timbre is good and overall tonality is done well considering that these guys using 4 actual different type of drivers.

They don't need amping amd sound fine with every device I used. I don't even hear any hiss from my dx160's 3.5mm. Not even with high impedance...

20210726_161501.jpg

I'd say one thing. This is not bu..s...! These headphones definitely hits well above its price range. It can easily compete with the ones above 100$. For example, I'd take GK10 over Bqeyz Summer. Mids are great with GK10. GK10 is not that harsh in the treble part. Bass is better on Summer, but, I'll give some time to burning the GK10 and see how it goes as the Summer is already above 100 hours.

Comparing to LZ A7, well they're definitely not in the same class. LZ A7 excels over the GK10 in every aspect, maybe the bass is not that strong on A7. However, switching from GK10 to A7 doesn't reveal a day&night difference, I don't hear a price 5-6 times price jump. So, I understand what Dsnuts meant.

Folks, let me say that I'm surprised and more hopeful at the the same time that a set worth of 45$ can deliver that SQ. These sets can be end game for some having difficulties buying an IEM even over 50$ price level...
how about the sub bass compare to blon-03 ?? thanks

Jul 26, 2021 at 1:25 PM Post #171 of 1,620
can't wait for your opinion

how about the sub bass compare to blon-03 ?? thanks

Blon-03 has more subbass, but as a total package of technicalities while preserving timbre, the GK10 wipes the floor with the Blon-03 in my opinion. Totally worth the extra money and more. It's possible the BL03 can compliment the GK10, but I would only really be holding onto it for that subbass emphasis...all other areas are surpassed to my ear.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #172 of 1,620
So I just saw this post on my review of the GK10 from some random. This is interesting. So he is gonna help produce an IEM probably a Linsoul made iem I assume.

ZigZagged
BGGAR is going to release an IEM soon with a 50$ cost. Supposed to sound like the BLON BL-03, but improved.
I'd wait and maybe buy that, rather than a product with not that many that many trusted reviews.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2021 at 2:29 PM Post #173 of 1,620
So I just saw this post on my review of the GK10 from some random. This is interesting. So he is gonna help produce an IEM probably a Linsoul made iem I assume.

ZigZagged
BGGAR is going to release an IEM soon with a 50$ cost. Supposed to sound like the BLON BL-03, but improved.
I'd wait and maybe buy that, rather than a product with not that many that many trusted reviews.

Yeah its been public. Its his own but will be sold on Lisoul etc. Will be released this week probably.

54c61d445b5b9ec09e51f064c0d49f407b63414c.jpeg

Im here for the gear and the music so probably just gonna get the two and even compare. Couldnt care less for sales wars.

Excited for both since GK10 seems a very well done proof of concept and his IEM will be tuned by himself for 50$. Will be interesting and hope both are great. Cant wait.

Jul 26, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #174 of 1,620

ZigZagged
But wasn't Blon A8 and BL05/S supposed to be that? Anyways, a Thieaudio Dynamo will come up for $49.99 with Harman-ish tuning.

Jul 26, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #176 of 1,620
Yeah its been public. Its his own but will be sold on Lisoul etc. Will be released this week probably.

54c61d445b5b9ec09e51f064c0d49f407b63414c.jpeg

Im here for the gear and the music so probably just gonna get the two and even compare. Couldnt care less for sales wars.

Excited for both since GK10 seems a very well done proof of concept and his IEM will be tuned by himself for 50$. Will be interesting and hope both are great. Cant wait.

Agreed, competition is always good. What will be interesting is his reception of the GK10 as the dust settles and how compatible it is with the general community concensus.

Jul 26, 2021 at 2:34 PM Post #177 of 1,620
The shape really doesn't bother me. It's actually quite good looking and fits in my ear perfectly. I would only want the metal shell to improve potential durability.

Here I am listening to Sexual Healing with hearts in my ears. I'll make it work...

Also, I'm really liking the variability in stabilised wood @brsdrgn. They all seem unique.

Great Track
A long time ago a Malian Group, Bajorou released an album called Big String Theory. I heard it on the radio so, so long ago and tracked it down not even knowing the name, or who performed it.

Of course we now know of these amazing Malian musicians.

Jul 26, 2021 at 2:40 PM Post #178 of 1,620
Great Track
A long time ago a Malian Group, Bajorou released an album called Big String Theory. I heard it on the radio so, so long ago and tracked it down not even knowing the name, or who performed it.

Of course we now know of these amazing Malian musicians.

I will try and get a hold of that album! Cheers.

Also, I think my GK10 is finally hitting its stride (or my brain is tuning in). The piezos have lost their sharper attack but the definition is still there and this has made the overall cohesion top to bottom even better.

Jul 26, 2021 at 2:41 PM Post #179 of 1,620
I will try and get a hold of that album! Cheers.

Also, I think my GK10 is finally hitting its stride (or my brain is tuning in). The piezos have lost their sharper attack but the definition is still there and this has made the overall cohesion top to bottom even better.
This exactly. That's how I am perceiving my set as well.

Jul 26, 2021 at 2:41 PM Post #180 of 1,620
You guys understand why that puts him at odds with the GK10 right?

Yeah I do, but as a music and gear lover I'll do the following : buy both, get my own impressions, enjoy some popcorn.

Saying he is biased is as good as the people that say that you work for penon... Guess we'll never know. And I trusted his judgement for my mangird tea as much as I trusted yours for my Lands.

I want to see the glass half full. More affordable hardware is better for every type of customer down the road. For someone unexperienced like me that tries to hear as much as he cans, its a great time to be alive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back