Geek Wold Discussion
Jul 26, 2021 at 7:52 PM Post #196 of 1,630
Well, I have it in-ear right now!

GK10 1st Look.jpg

Other than one planar magnetic unit, I've never heard an IEM with driver types other than BA or DD or some hybrid mixture of those two types. So, out-of-the-box, this is a real treat for me.

I haven't commenced any burn in, but no trace of any bloat. More to come...

Jul 26, 2021 at 8:02 PM Post #197 of 1,630
So far 5 people doesn't experience a "bass bloat"
interesting...

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2021 at 8:36 PM Post #200 of 1,630
Well, I have it in-ear right now!

GK10 1st Look.jpg

Other than one planar magnetic unit, I've never heard an IEM with driver types other than BA or DD or some hybrid mixture of those two types. So, out-of-the-box, this is a real treat for me.

I haven't commenced any burn in, but no trace of any bloat. More to come...
Your shell has multiple colors? That looks nice.

Jul 26, 2021 at 8:41 PM Post #201 of 1,630
I hope you enlighten your readers about these once you get them @Rockwell75. Looking forward to reading your take on them.

I've got this extra balanced cable just laying around and I think the colors coordinate sufficiently that it'll look rather dashing on the Geek Wold 10.

C35605BB-2EC7-4CBD-A0A0-924F073D66CE.JPEG

Jul 26, 2021 at 9:43 PM Post #203 of 1,630
My GK10 was scheduled to come today, but tracking is now saying package is running late. :frowning2:
But, it's probably a good thing, as I've been busy editing video (along with multitrack audio) for work today, and my ears are tired. Enjoying all the comments and great impressions/comparisons coming in today though, and looking forward to my own listen (soon) !

Jul 26, 2021 at 9:46 PM Post #204 of 1,630
You know your serious about audio when you have the color coordinated cable ready for the earphones you just bought, nice.
I've got a grey Tripowin Zonie waiting for these, but now thinking I need to buy something better matching!

Jul 26, 2021 at 9:55 PM Post #205 of 1,630
Cable match ups will be essential to getting the GK10 sounding their best. Try this and that what you have on hand but in general the nicer the cable your gonna throw on them cable wise you will hear a difference. I like a bit of silver content on the GK10. Pure copper is not bad but once you get them nice n burned in they take advantage of more resolving cables.

I have been meaning to do some cable match ups with the stuff I got. Will try to do that soon when I get a chance.

Jul 26, 2021 at 10:49 PM Post #207 of 1,630
You guys are killing me here. Mine left Hong Kong almost a week ago and I have not gotten any updates since. Hopefully I get them by next week. :sob:

Jul 27, 2021 at 6:11 AM Post #208 of 1,630
My second attempt at GK10 have just shipped, so Penon must have got the next blue batch in.

Jul 27, 2021 at 7:08 AM Post #209 of 1,630
So far 5 people doesn't experience a "bass bloat"
interesting...
Right out of the box, for like 1,2 hours, I did notice bass bloat, but it’s just dynamic driver’s infidelity I guess. It disappeared right away as the things warmed up just like many other DD.

Jul 27, 2021 at 7:13 AM Post #210 of 1,630
Cable match ups will be essential to getting the GK10 sounding their best. Try this and that what you have on hand but in general the nicer the cable your gonna throw on them cable wise you will hear a difference. I like a bit of silver content on the GK10. Pure copper is not bad but once you get them nice n burned in they take advantage of more resolving cables.

I have been meaning to do some cable match ups with the stuff I got. Will try to do that soon when I get a chance.
My preference is leaning toward pure copper cables which lift the mid-bass up to clairvoyance level, will try pure silver cables too(That shall be a doze shot to it’s transparency 👍)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back