Geek Wold Discussion
Jul 26, 2021 at 10:15 AM Post #151 of 1,620
Right after I've posted, they arrived.

I've ended up paying tax to the delivery guy as well. So, this is sth new but anyway not that related...
IMG_20210726_161010_309.jpg

OOTB, I like what I hear and I don't hear mid bass bloating to the mids. Very energetic set of IEMs I'd say. It has a great synergy and coherence. Mids are nice for both male and female vocals, lush.
20210726_160603.jpg

I don't agree with BGGAR's graph for the bass part. However, I agree with his graph when it comes to treble because there's a peak at 10k definitely, causing slight sibilance.

Piezos do their job well and it's really airy, ultra high ends come with good resolution.

The cable and accessories are bad. I immediately hear the difference when I change the cable to a third party one.
20210726_160707.jpg

These guys sounds different with every cable and set of tips. So, definitely try them with different options.
20210726_160813.jpg

The soundstage is good with a well distribution on three dimensions. Different cables effect the depth of it. Some makes it deeper with narrowing the width. The timbre is good and overall tonality is done well considering that these guys using 4 actual different type of drivers.

They don't need amping amd sound fine with every device I used. I don't even hear any hiss from my dx160's 3.5mm. Not even with high impedance...

20210726_161501.jpg

I'd say one thing. This is not bu..s...! These headphones definitely hits well above its price range. It can easily compete with the ones above 100$. For example, I'd take GK10 over Bqeyz Summer. Mids are great with GK10. GK10 is not that harsh in the treble part. Bass is better on Summer, but, I'll give some time to burning the GK10 and see how it goes as the Summer is already above 100 hours.

Comparing to LZ A7, well they're definitely not in the same class. LZ A7 excels over the GK10 in every aspect, maybe the bass is not that strong on A7. However, switching from GK10 to A7 doesn't reveal a day&night difference, I don't hear a price 5-6 times price jump. So, I understand what Dsnuts meant.

Folks, let me say that I'm surprised and more hopeful at the the same time that a set worth of 45$ can deliver that SQ. These sets can be end game for some having difficulties buying an IEM even over 50$ price level...

Jul 26, 2021 at 10:17 AM Post #152 of 1,620
You guys realize out of the dozen or so initial impressions of the GK10 so far. NONE mention bass bloat?

If it was as obvious as that graph would indicate you would figure if all of our sets had that going on, someone here would mention it.
I do realize that, and I'm curious how they sound when I get them. Wasn't saying nobody should buy the GK10, but I don't see why Marvin Gaye has to be dragged into this :p.
Maybe his unit is defective, we'll see when more measurements and reviews are in, still very curious about them :).

Jul 26, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #153 of 1,620
Right after I've posted, they arrived.

I've ended up paying tax to the delivery guy as well. So, this is sth new but anyway not that related...

OOTB, I like what I hear and I don't hear mid bass bloating to the mids. Very energetic set of IEMs I'd say. It has a great synergy and coherence. Mids are nice for both male and female vocals, lush.

I don't agree with BGGAR's graph for the bass part. However, I agree with his graph when it comes to treble because there's a peak at 10k definitely, causing slight sibilance.

Piezos do their job well and it's really airy, ultra high ends come with good resolution.

The cable and accessories are bad. I immediately hear the difference when I change the cable to a third party one.

These guys sounds different with every cable and set of tips. So, definitely try them with different options.

The soundstage is good with a well distribution on three dimensions. Different cables effect the depth of it. Some makes it deeper with narrowing the width. The timbre is good and overall tonality is done well considering that these guys using 4 actual different type of drivers.

They don't need amping amd sound fine with every device I used. I don't even hear any hiss from my dx160's 3.5mm. Not even with high impedance...

I'd say one thing. This is not bu..s...! These headphones definitely hits well above its price range. It can easily compete with the ones above 100$. For example, I'd take GK10 over Bqeyz Summer. Mids are great with GK10. GK10 is not that harsh in the treble part. Bass is better on Summer, but, I'll give some time to burning the GK10 and see how it goes as the Summer is already above 100 hours.

Comparing to LZ A7, well they're definitely not in the same class. LZ A7 excels over the GK10 in every aspect, maybe the bass is not that strong on A7. However, switching from GK10 to A7 doesn't reveal a day&night difference, I don't hear a price 5-6 times price jump. So, I understand what Dsnuts meant.

Folks, let me say that I'm surprised and more hopeful at the the same time that a set worth of 45$ can deliver that SQ. These sets can be end game for some having difficulties buying an IEM even over 50$ price level...
Again no mention of bass bloat. So all of these impressions means we all love our bass bloat?

Excellent impressions. I did notice on my set some upper treble glare on open listen but it was very minor. That seems to go away with some burn in, not noticing that any more on my set at least.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2021 at 10:41 AM Post #154 of 1,620
Again no mention of bass bloat. So all of these impressions means we all love our bass bloat?

Excellent impressions. I did notice on my set some upper treble glare on open listen but it was very minor. That seems to go away with some burn in, not noticing that any more on my set at least.
I wish you'd give this "are you saying we're all wrong about bass bloat?" thing a rest. I'm not sure what needs to be defended here.

No one is saying all of them have bass bloat, or that you are all wrong if yours don't have it. It is just clear that one reviewer's measurably does have bass bloat. That's all. If he can receive another to show its a rare variance, great. Not great news for QC, but suggests the majority are better tuned than that one.

No one should be setting up camps because one valid source of measurement had a different result to the rest.

Jul 26, 2021 at 10:51 AM Post #156 of 1,620
I wish you'd give this "are you saying we're all wrong about bass bloat?" thing a rest. I'm not sure what needs to be defended here.

No one is saying all of them have bass bloat, or that you are all wrong if yours don't have it. It is just clear that one reviewer's measurably does have bass bloat. That's all. If he can receive another to show its a rare variance, great. Not great news for QC, but suggests the majority are better tuned than that one.

No one should be setting up camps because one valid source of measurement had a different result to the rest.
Nope got gonna give it rest as that graph is so wrong on every fronts. My point is with this post again and again. What I hear and everyone else here. Can't wait till more folks chime in with their bass bloat impressions.

I realize he could have gotten a lemon. I am sure we will find out eventually or not.

If anything after burn in sound gets cleaner.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #158 of 1,620
I realize he could have gotten a lemon. I am sure we will find out eventually or not.
Seems like they most logical explanation having witnessed the entire measurement process. But if more people with good units is a sin for you, I don't mind.

I just don't think it proves anything one way or another. Good news for how many sound good out of a batch perhaps.

Jul 26, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #159 of 1,620
Thanks, I appreciate the words of encouragement. I'm staying positive, and I believe Penon will do the right thing.. I'm sure they want these to do well also.. Happy listening!!
I had the exact same issue as you and they said they would send me a new unit right away, FWIW.

Jul 26, 2021 at 10:59 AM Post #160 of 1,620
IMO there should be really no way that a 711 coupler can do that to bass/midbass. I'd wonder if that copy was defective.
ya but it can look like that if the graph was off by 250hz. Look at the most bottom dip on his and look at Penons graph. His is 250hz forward making it look like there is a big bass hump. Huge difference there. Or he could have a defective unit. One way or the other.

Jul 26, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #161 of 1,620
Well my copy certainly have not got bass bloat. My guess there are going to be QC, unit variation problems for some.....$45.00??? I like HBBs reviews and in general they make sense to me so I give him the benefit of the doubt. He is a genuine reviewer. We are all a bit eccentric in this hobby so that is OK. I've never heard a TOTL IEM that costs £1500, so I just mind my own business and comment on what I have. My set even at this early stage are clearly well tuned, have great detail, and bass is developing. These will be king of the price point.

Jul 26, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #163 of 1,620
Told myself I would stay away from the Wold beater today but here I am having fun tip rolling to see what I can bring out of these little oddities.

Edit:

Symbio W - brings out upper mids and treble, slightly curbs subbass extension
CP145 - as I typically find with CP145, slightly boosts subbass and also midbass impact and smooths treble
CP360 (TWS) - fit nicely, slightly shallower bore to CP145, keeps bass tight compared to CP145 that adds a degree of bloom
Azla Xelastec - very close to CP360, slightly less subbass
Symbio F - similar to CP145 but without bass bloom and with more treble smoothing, ever so slight warming of tonal colour
CP155 - maximum midbass boost with minimal affect on treble - an exciting, but sometimes sharp listen

Edit 2:

To my ears it's a tough pick but I would rate them like this:

CP145 = Symbio F >

CP360 >

Azla Xelastec = CP155 >

Symbio W

Generally sounds great with most tips!

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #164 of 1,620
Ridiculous, the sound quality coming out of these is seriously ridiculous for this price...

It responds to EQ very well also...

The titanium diapgram DD is not cooked yet, struggling with the rumbles but I can understand that it's opening up.

Mid section is very natural. Single DD handles the job there well also.

For the treble section, I'm wondering how it'd be if these guys throw a good knowles BA there. I understand the price would raise but I know I'd hear more micro details.

I'm totally fine with Piezo drivers. They're implemented well. Even less spicy than A7.

Very neutral sounding set, ridiculously priced...

Jul 26, 2021 at 12:45 PM Post #165 of 1,620
I am certain Geek designers are looking at this thread. So all your suggestions are valid. For me anyways. I would love to see a more universal housing vs the heart thing. It has grown on me actually but still can't get over the fact that it is in a heart shape. Lol. But I can see why they used this shell shape to put two dynamics on the butt end of the housing at the two humps.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back