Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Dec 21, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #3,661 of 13,800

Off the top of my head, only one person has compared them on this thread so more impressions would be great.

yes, 1 on this thread.
find some other threads at LH Labs or other audio forums, more than a couple folks who own GeekOuts have had their Pulse already.

Dec 21, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #3,662 of 13,800

That's the very reason I'm hoping to get first impressions up quickly. I want people to be able to get in on the campaign now and snag the crowdfunded price if possible. I'll be using my HE-400i, Alpha Dogs, and 1964-Q for initial listening.

I don't own the 450 so I won't be able to do a comparison since I only demo'd it at a Head-Fi meet. I can compare with the 1000 so I'll try that. Keep in mind that tonight's first impressions will be with barely any time on the Pulse, so no major burn-in should have occurred.

Thanks. I'll be waiting patiently, but not too patiently.
biggrin.gif
beerchug.gif

Dec 21, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #3,663 of 13,800
And here's a general question for all. The Pulse does come with 4 small adhesive domed "feet" to raise the Pulse a short distance and reduce some vibrations. I'm looking to get something with a bit more substance that would better dampen the DAC and also maybe add a tiny bump to its aesthetic appeal. I'm considering these or maybe even these, any thoughts?

In my opinion the bundled feet are very nice. I use them with the LPS and it sits very stable on my desk. I don't even feel any vibration from my external hard drive that I have close by. I would try those first and the decide if you want to upgrade.

Dec 21, 2014 at 9:33 PM Post #3,664 of 13,800
Is this "THD" add-on live, or just up in the air at the moment? LH is making this hard to be a backer. I keep adding perks thinking that they can't add anything else into this little box and the campaign finally ends... so I though... and then more carrots are added for me to chase! 

Dec 21, 2014 at 9:33 PM Post #3,665 of 13,800
In my opinion the bundled feet are very nice. I use them with the LPS and it sits very stable on my desk. I don't even feel any vibration from my external hard drive that I have close by. I would try those first and the decide if you want to upgrade.

Thanks for the info. They didn't look impressive but if they work well then that's good enough for me, I'll give them a go.

Dec 21, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #3,666 of 13,800
I have the GO SE, it is a major step up from the GO 1K, which I also have (but don't use since I got the SE), this comparison will be of interest.

Hi there, what does the SE bring to the table over the 1K ?

Dec 21, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #3,667 of 13,800
Has there been anyone who's actually used one with LCD-2's? I know they had the bundle, so I would reckon they must play nice, but curious to see those who've gotten their Pulse have had a chance to match the two?

Dec 21, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #3,668 of 13,800
Looking forward to your impressions Brian!

Dec 21, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #3,670 of 13,800
I have the GO SE, it is a major step up from the GO 1K, which I also have (but don't use since I got the SE), this comparison will be of interest.

Hi there, what does the SE bring to the table over the 1K ?

Haven't used the 1K in a bit, never put it in the system since I got the SE, but when I compared them, the detail, richness of instruments, bass control, soundstage...the SE just sounds BETTER (and I really liked the sound of the 1K, that's what got me to jump at the SE offer)

Dec 22, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #3,672 of 13,800
Day 32...still nothing new about shipment....a few people in this thread confirmed they got their Geek Pulse but compared to the rest of the world....nah.
At this rate I lost all hope for my Geek Pulse Xfi before X'Mas, just want it before Valentine.....and I'm not sure about it too....
I just hope LHLabs stop pull out new " plan ", new " perk " from their ass and focus thing before their eye first : ship the damn thing, how can we give feedback ( good and bad one ) if they let us wait in vain like this -__- ?
I think LHLabs is really good at marketing but time management is terrible...

Dec 22, 2014 at 1:08 PM Post #3,673 of 13,800
  Day 32...still nothing new about shipment....a few people in this thread confirmed they got their Geek Pulse but compared to the rest of the world....nah.
At this rate I lost all hope for my Geek Pulse Xfi before X'Mas, just want it before Valentine.....and I'm not sure about it too....
I just hope LHLabs stop pull out new " plan ", new " perk " from their ass and focus thing before their eye first : ship the damn thing, how can we give feedback ( good and bad one ) if they let us wait in vain like this -__- ?
I think LHLabs is really good at marketing but time management is terrible...

I think someone over on the LH Labs forum said they received their Pulse and it was #200. This was a few days ago and Gavin updated over on the forum also that they had their biggest shipping day and the total number of Pulse shipped is 233 as of the 19th. Not where any of us wanted them to be but they are shipping. How many went to resellers or such and why more people have not decided to comment is a question I wish I had an answer to.

Dec 22, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #3,674 of 13,800

I plan to compare the standard Pulse with SMPS against my GO SE, I think that head-to-head would be more interesting. Since others have compared the GO with the 450 already it's pretty easy to extrapolate from there how the 720 and 1000 will fare, maybe even the 100. My 100 hasn't come yet from the IGG campaign so I haven't yet had a chance to hear how it fares with IEMs over the bigger siblings. I should be able to start listening to the Pulse this evening, here's to hoping.

And here's a general question for all. The Pulse does come with 4 small adhesive domed "feet" to raise the Pulse a short distance and reduce some vibrations. I'm looking to get something with a bit more substance that would better dampen the DAC and also maybe add a tiny bump to its aesthetic appeal. I'm considering these or maybe even these, any thoughts?

i've used the "isolate it" products for several applications, they're great !
the speaker spikes look good too

Dec 22, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #3,675 of 13,800
The "movin' on up" perk is live, and it looks like anyone can join.

Pulse + "movin' on up" Pulse Xfi + THD: $399 + $506 + $168 = $1073

Pulse Xfi + THD: $1399 + $168 = $1567

Looks like anyone who got the Pulse Xfi early got the bad end of the deal, including me.
I'm disapointed in LH Labs for doing this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back