Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Dec 21, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #3,646 of 13,800
  Well this is a pleasant surprise. I return from my vacation to find a Pulse waiting for me on my doorstep, delivered this very afternoon. I was out of the country and outside of cell coverage so I didn't get the email notifying me that it had shipped until today. Let the burn-in begin!

Congrats Brian and welcome back! Hope you had fun on the cruise! 

Dec 21, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #3,647 of 13,800
Is it possible to get a mono pulse with the femto clock upgrade or could anyone possibly tell me the advantages of balanced in this model? Between the long explanation of the Benchmark DAC guys against any possible advantages of balanced along with many top end amps not seeing it as an advantage (WA5 / ALO6) I dont think i really want it. Id like the upgraded clocks though. If LHLabs could chime in and educate me id be appreciative.

Dec 21, 2014 at 7:56 AM Post #3,649 of 13,800
  Is it possible to get a mono pulse with the femto clock upgrade or could anyone possibly tell me the advantages of balanced in this model? Between the long explanation of the Benchmark DAC guys against any possible advantages of balanced along with many top end amps not seeing it as an advantage (WA5 / ALO6) I dont think i really want it. Id like the upgraded clocks though. If LHLabs could chime in and educate me id be appreciative.

Not anymore. IIRC, all customers who ordered for a Pulse w/ femto clock were given the option of adding more money for a X/XFi or receiving store credit with a regular Pulse.

http://lhlabs.com/force/geekpulse/2814-geek-pulse-f-will-not-be-produced

Dec 21, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #3,653 of 13,800
i just finished going over the last 50 pages of this thread Lol wow what a roller coaster of a ride. so many perks, updates, upgrades, upgrades of upgrades, headphones tubes, i just totallt forgot what did i contributed to. so many perks and upgrades blowing money away. i even contributed to perks by mistake . my wife is going to kill me if she finds out. credit to LH for keeping riding the wave and getting more customers and money. it is in their interest to deliver, i sure hope so. they have created a monster!!! lol

Dec 21, 2014 at 8:20 PM Post #3,654 of 13,800
  Well this is a pleasant surprise. I return from my vacation to find a Pulse waiting for me on my doorstep, delivered this very afternoon. I was out of the country and outside of cell coverage so I didn't get the email notifying me that it had shipped until today. Let the burn-in begin!

Looking forward to your impressions.
beerchug.gif
Not enough of them here, and I want to know if it's worth getting regular Pulse while having Geek Out 720 already. If you can do a comparison with Geek Out 720/1000 it would be greatly appreciated.

Dec 21, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #3,655 of 13,800
It's already been stated elsewhere that the Pulse blows the doors off a regular GO450.

Other than power, the 450/720/1000 all have the same core sound.
Deduction should be fairly easy.

Dec 21, 2014 at 8:46 PM Post #3,656 of 13,800
Looking forward to your impressions.
beerchug.gif
Not enough of them here, and I want to know if it's worth getting regular Pulse while having Geek Out 720 already. If you can do a comparison with Geek Out 720/1000 it would be greatly appreciated.

I plan to compare the standard Pulse with SMPS against my GO SE, I think that head-to-head would be more interesting. Since others have compared the GO with the 450 already it's pretty easy to extrapolate from there how the 720 and 1000 will fare, maybe even the 100. My 100 hasn't come yet from the IGG campaign so I haven't yet had a chance to hear how it fares with IEMs over the bigger siblings. I should be able to start listening to the Pulse this evening, here's to hoping.

And here's a general question for all. The Pulse does come with 4 small adhesive domed "feet" to raise the Pulse a short distance and reduce some vibrations. I'm looking to get something with a bit more substance that would better dampen the DAC and also maybe add a tiny bump to its aesthetic appeal. I'm considering these or maybe even these, any thoughts?

Dec 21, 2014 at 8:58 PM Post #3,657 of 13,800
It's already been stated elsewhere that the Pulse blows the doors off a regular GO450.

Other than power, the 450/720/1000 all have the same core sound.
Deduction should be fairly easy.

Off the top of my head, only one person has compared them on this thread so more impressions would be great. I'm more interested in if there is a sound signature difference as I use it mainly as a DAC for my AVR/vintage receiver. Only have a few days left to order from campaign, so not much time to decide.

Dec 21, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #3,658 of 13,800

I plan to compare the standard Pulse with SMPS against my GO SE, I think that head-to-head would be more interesting. Since others have compared the GO with the 450 already it's pretty easy to extrapolate from there how the 720 and 1000 will fare, maybe even the 100. My 100 hasn't come yet from the IGG campaign so I haven't yet had a chance to hear how it fares with IEMs over the bigger siblings. I should be able to start listening to the Pulse this evening, here's to hoping.

And here's a general question for all. The Pulse does come with 4 small adhesive domed "feet" to raise the Pulse a short distance and reduce some vibrations. I'm looking to get something with a bit more substance that would better dampen the DAC and also maybe add a tiny bump to its aesthetic appeal. I'm considering these or maybe even these, any thoughts?

The sorbothane is pretty decent and I think you better go with the domed version. Those you listed are really for speakers.
I have a set of A&B abs-02 feet for my upcoming pulse.
The problem with Pulse is that I doesn't have screw holes for feet and it is too light to stay stable on non-adhesive feet.

Add: you can also try vibrapods.

Dec 21, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #3,659 of 13,800
Looking forward to your impressions. :beerchug: Not enough of them here, and I want to know if it's worth getting regular Pulse while having Geek Out 720 already. If you can do a comparison with Geek Out 720/1000 it would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to your impressions. :beerchug: Not enough of them here, and I want to know if it's worth getting regular Pulse while having Geek Out 720 already. If you can do a comparison with Geek Out 720/1000 it would be greatly appreciated.

I have the GO SE, it is a major step up from the GO 1K, which I also have (but don't use since I got the SE), this comparison will be of interest.

Dec 21, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #3,660 of 13,800
Off the top of my head, only one person has compared them on this thread so more impressions would be great. I'm more interested in if there is a sound signature difference as I use it mainly as a DAC for my AVR/vintage receiver. Only have a few days left to order from campaign, so not much time to decide.

That's the very reason I'm hoping to get first impressions up quickly. I want people to be able to get in on the campaign now and snag the crowdfunded price if possible. I'll be using my HE-400i, Alpha Dogs, and 1964-Q for initial listening.

I don't own the 450 so I won't be able to do a comparison since I only demo'd it at a Head-Fi meet. I can compare with the 1000 so I'll try that. Keep in mind that tonight's first impressions will be with barely any time on the Pulse, so no major burn-in should have occurred.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back