Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Dec 20, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #3,631 of 13,800
Interested to know as well. I already put up a ticket for that.

Please let us know what the response is..
I think for my purposes the X will be fine, but if the $218 upgrade is allowed for everyone, I just may do it.

Dec 20, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #3,632 of 13,800
Agreed

Still seems cheaper to upgrade from a Pulse though:
Pulse + "moving on up" Pulse Xfi + Pulse Xfi SE: $399 + $506 + $2489 = $3394
Pulse Xfi + Pulse Xfi SE: $1399 + $2489 = $3888

You save $494 if you want the Pulse Xfi SE, and will be upgrading from a Pulse rather than a Pulse Xfi. I'm not getting the Signature Edition, but thought it was interesting how the weird the pricing is. People who got the Xfi are being punished.

They should stop with all these perks and upgrades, and just focus solely on pushing out the products to current backers.

That being said, still excited about the Pulse Xfi though. Just not sure if I got the best deal.

Good point. I hadn't actually worked out the pricing on the whole upgrade path. Lucky for me SE is out of my price range so I won't be punished for having an Xfi.

Yes. We all know LH can make fall-off-the-summit-fi. Pulse was supposed to bring this expertise 'to the masses'. They have squeezed way more money out of me than I orignally planned, but I am still looking forward to my Xfi/LPS.

Well played LH.

Dec 20, 2014 at 3:34 PM Post #3,633 of 13,800

Please let us know what the response is..
I think for my purposes the X will be fine, but if the $218 upgrade is allowed for everyone, I just may do it.

I also opened a ticket, but based on previous tickets I've opened. They don't reply over the weekend. They probably have the weekends off. I live pretty close to their building, should I drive by and check? Lol, jk.

Dec 20, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #3,635 of 13,800
I don't think you need to buy the Xfi SE. Aren't they only making 10 total of them?

Dec 20, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #3,636 of 13,800

Yes, but there has been speculation on whether you "have" to buy the SE to be able to use the upgrade path..

The quote from Gavin seems pretty clear to me.

"If you haven't backed a Geek Pulse Xfi and you want to get yourself a Signature Edition"

'Movin' On Up' is only for people who want to buy SE but don't have the minimum requirement of Xfi.

Dec 20, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #3,637 of 13,800
  So, with all this talk about the firmware being rough to start, and that updates are being planned, this does mean we're able to update it on our end right? We're not stuck sending a expensive piece of equipment back and forth everything a new update comes out right?

I still got a couple days to decide if I want to back Pulse Xfi as my first balanced amp to go with my LCD-2's.

It depends on what is causing the freezing. If it is the firmware for the LCD and UI, this is NOT user-upgradeable and I think we are all stuffed. If it is the actual firmware for the audio board itself, then that is user upgradeable.

Dec 20, 2014 at 4:49 PM Post #3,638 of 13,800

The quote from Gavin seems pretty clear to me.

"If you haven't backed a Geek Pulse Xfi and you want to get yourself a Signature Edition"

'Movin' On Up' is only for people who want to buy SE but don't have the minimum requirement of Xfi.

Not that clear to many others I am afraid... and I have read the statement myself many times now.
This is your quote, correct?
"'Movin' On Up' is only for people who want to buy SE but don't have the minimum requirement of Xfi."
No question on the Xfi being required for upgrade to an SE... it is the first part that is not clear.

The only way to know is to get an official answer from LHL. Saying the same thing repeatedly does not make it any more accurate. I can see where you might think this though. Like many written statements, especially from LHL, this one is still open for interpretation in my opinion.

Dec 20, 2014 at 9:09 PM Post #3,640 of 13,800

If you are talking about the Xfi SE... I hope you have in excess of  $3000 to spend...

Dec 20, 2014 at 9:51 PM Post #3,641 of 13,800

yeah, he'd said yesterday it was very close do being done

Sorry to say the news today shows Pulse shipments could be further delayed due an issue on DC power supply shipments. :frowning2:

Just saw the update today:
http://lhlabs.com/updates/pulse-production-roadmap.html
Update 12/17/2014: We have good news and bad news. First the good news. As of this afternoon, we've shipped out 204 Geek Pulse DAC's from our facility here in Sacramento! It's a little behind where we'd like to be, but it's not too shabby. We'll continue speeding up the pace for the forseeable future. We've also received a shipment of parts that had us a little worried that we might experience another slowdown . But the shipment came in today. I snapped this pic of a staff meeting a couple hours ago with all the boxes in the background:

Now the bad news. We ordered a large batch of DC power supplies from our vendor overseas months ago and have been chasing our tails trying to figure out why they aren't here. Our order landed in the US weeks ago, and nobody could tell us why it hadn't cleared customs. Today we received the following letter from our vendor.
Dear Valued Customer,

We would like to make sure you are aware of current import conditions on the West Coast of the United States that could potentially impact your shipments from us. For many months, the International Longshore Workers Union and the Pacific Maritime Association have been negotiating a new labor contract to replace one that expired on July 1st, 2014. At the end of October, the longshoremen in Long Beach, Tacoma and Seattle began slowing the handling of imports and exports. This slowdown has delayed inbound shipments by 10-12 days on average. This delay has created a large backlog of shipping vessels, rail cars and chassis that make predicting the actual delivery date of a shipment nearly impossible. The same issues are being felt on all West Coast ports with Los Angeles area having the worst conditions- nearly 30-45 days of dwell time. At this time there appears to be no quick end to this conflict, and it is doubtful that the union and the ports will come to an agreement any time soon.

We're actively working with our freight forwarder daily to get the most accurate information on all of our inbound shipments. We are communicating these updates as we receive them to any customers that may be impacted by a delay via email (backlog reports) or our Business to Business website. We have investigated alternate ports for our incoming shipments and have decided that Long Beach is still our best option at this time. Additionally, we have been informed of an upcoming congestion surcharge that will be assessed on each shipment starting in January 2015. We will provide more details on this once they are specified.

Additionally, we urge you to contact your government representatives and push for them to get involved to help mediate an agreement before this situation escalates. We apologize for any impact this port slowdown may have had on your business. We want to reassure you that All Seals is doing everything possible to make sure that we are able to supply your business as we have always done. Finally, we thank you for your continued business.

We still have a stock of these power supplies that will last the rest of this week and part of next. And we're scouring for US or Canadian suppliers as a stop-gap measure. We'll keep you posted on that if the problem escalates.

Dec 20, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #3,642 of 13,800
Is there a  time-limit on the $777 price of the Geek Pulse X ? Any geeky route to getting it less than that e.g. upgrade options/other site deals?

Dec 20, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #3,643 of 13,800
[/quote]
Is there a  time-limit on the $777 price of the Geek Pulse X ? Any geeky route to getting it less than that e.g. upgrade options/other site deals?

PMed you. There might be a chance :)

Dec 20, 2014 at 11:33 PM Post #3,645 of 13,800
  Well this is a pleasant surprise. I return from my vacation

"Exciting and new!  Come Aboard!  the Pulse has been expecting You!
the Love Boat......"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back