Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Dec 22, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #3,692 of 13,800
Is it just me or am I always confused by "Geek Force Only" perks?
It's free to sign up for the GF so I'm really confused why they even have an option for such perks. Literally anyone can make an account at the GF, get the "GF Only" perks, and never post in the GF. Seems a bit stupid if you ask me.

Also, how is anyone supposed to know what the "Old Friends" perk is? I'm am member of the GF and I have a good amount of posts there. I have no idea what the "Old Friends" perk is despite this. For all I know, it could be buried in some thread that I don't look at like the Geek Pulse Xfi Signature Edition Details thread. It's not really fair for Geek Pulse and GF backers/members if there's no official place for it. Not only that, who's going to stop someone who does read through those threads but isn't a member to get the "Old Friends" perk?

Oh never mind, I found it with the forum's search feature, which anyone can do.

Dec 22, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #3,693 of 13,800
Is it just me or am I always confused by "Geek Force Only" perks?
It's free to sign up for the GF so I'm really confused why they even have an option for such perks. Literally anyone can make an account at the GF, get the "GF Only" perks, and never post in the GF. Seems a bit stupid if you ask me.

Also, how is anyone supposed to know what the "Old Friends" perk is? I'm am member of the GF and I have a good amount of posts there. I have no idea what the "Old Friends" perk is despite this. For all I know, it could be buried in some thread that I don't look at like the Geek Pulse Xfi Signature Edition Details thread.

I imagine the GFO perks are to increase the size of their community. Potential investors and business partners love to see those kind of numbers in slide show presentations. It shows "growth" when they're trying to sell the product to distributors.

The Old Friends perk is for backers who have participated in "every crowdfunding campaign" but I don't know if that means someone has to participate in all of the different Pulse campaigns, multiple Wave campaigns, Stream campaign, etc. It may just mean that you took part in the GO (Kickstarter), Pulse (any) and Wave/Stream (any). I'm sure the answer is somewhere on their forums but due to the fact that their forums automatically mark threads as read after a certain amount of time I missed a lot of stuff when I came back from vacation.

Dec 22, 2014 at 8:18 PM Post #3,694 of 13,800
Is the $4 Movin' On Up perk a bargain or is it not?  I can't keep track. I backed a Pulse fi and now for $288 more I can upgrade to a Pulse xfi. Thanks in advance. I'm just getting lost in all these perks and upgrades.

Dec 22, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #3,695 of 13,800
Is the $4 Movin' On Up perk a bargain or is it not?  I can't keep track. I backed a Pulse fi and now for $288 more I can upgrade to a Pulse xfi. Thanks in advance. I'm just getting lost in all these perks and upgrades.

It is a huge bargain for me. As I only backed the Pulse X, the upgrade to Xfi was a no brainer. Couldn't pull the Xfi upgrade before as it was too damn expensive.

Dec 22, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #3,696 of 13,800
It is a huge bargain for me. As I only backed the Pulse X, the upgrade to Xfi was a no brainer. Couldn't pull the Xfi upgrade before as it was too damn expensive.

Hi,

So now you pay $218 for the upgrade but what would it have been previously?

Dec 22, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #3,697 of 13,800
Hi,

In the original, very first campaign, the total damage on your wallet would have been $140 for the Pulse to Pulse X upgrade. No one except for Light Harmonic knows how the Xfi sounds, so no one can really say if it's a bargain or not, unfortunately.

I got the Geek Out/Pulse bundle from the very first campaign, so my Xfi unit "only" cost my wallet $538. When just comparing prices alone, the X upgrade now is a bargain compared to after the Forever Funding campaign is over, so it's really an investment on your part with no promises being made.

Dec 22, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #3,698 of 13,800

I imagine the GFO perks are to increase the size of their community. Potential investors and business partners love to see those kind of numbers in slide show presentations. It shows "growth" when they're trying to sell the product to distributors.

The Old Friends perk is for backers who have participated in "every crowdfunding campaign" but I don't know if that means someone has to participate in all of the different Pulse campaigns, multiple Wave campaigns, Stream campaign, etc. It may just mean that you took part in the GO (Kickstarter), Pulse (any) and Wave/Stream (any). I'm sure the answer is somewhere on their forums but due to the fact that their forums automatically mark threads as read after a certain amount of time I missed a lot of stuff when I came back from vacation.

The Old Friends perk is for backers who already bought a Pulse.

As of now there are 6470 members. Roughly 5000 have 0 Posts, and roughly 1000 have under 10 posts. Numbers are fine and the Force is growing, but quality > quantity.

Dec 22, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #3,699 of 13,800
In the original, very first campaign, the total damage on your wallet would have been $140 for the Pulse to Pulse X upgrade. No one except for Light Harmonic knows how the Xfi sounds, so no one can really say if it's a bargain or not, unfortunately.

I got the Geek Out/Pulse bundle from the very first campaign, so my Xfi unit "only" cost my wallet $538. When just comparing prices alone, the X upgrade now is a bargain compared to after the Forever Funding campaign is over, so it's really an investment on your part with no promises being made.

Hi,

Actually what I meant by bargain was from the financial angle. Like you mine was the GO/Pulse bundle except my Pulse is the fi version. So if I pay $288 more what I meant, and I think @LEvantar meant that too, is this, IS this upgrade price now a lot more affordable than if I had done it months ago. Thanks

Dec 22, 2014 at 8:46 PM Post #3,700 of 13,800
SIgh.. I am not entirely caught up on the campaign on the last few days..

so can someone please explain ot lead me to where it would explain exactly what is the "THD" upgrade?

searching for them is a bit difficult since the letters are too short...

Dec 22, 2014 at 8:46 PM Post #3,701 of 13,800
Hi,

I think around $688. The $218 still doesn't beat the earliest 1st/2nd campaign, but it gets much closer compared to the forever funding campaign.

Dec 22, 2014 at 8:46 PM Post #3,702 of 13,800

Anyone who listened to it at RMAF head the Xfi. It wasn't under ideal conditions but I can say that I'm certainly happy I have one of my own coming. If it sounds better than my GO SE, and I suspect that it does under critical listening, damn...

Dec 22, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #3,703 of 13,800
  SIgh.. I am not entirely caught up on the campaign on the last few days..

so can someone please explain ot lead me to where it would explain exactly what is the "THD" upgrade?

searching for them is a bit difficult since the letters are too short...

The THD package will be live within the next 24 hours. Check their Updates page on the Indiegogo campaign.

Dec 22, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #3,704 of 13,800

The THD package will be live within the next 24 hours. Check their Updates page on the Indiegogo campaign.

Oh.. I received that notification email.. that's why I was asking..
So.. so far there are no details given on exact what the upgrade is? hmmm.

Dec 22, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #3,705 of 13,800

My guess is they are getting some economies of scale at the Xfi build that's help with their overall costs. Good deal for folks. That is OK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back