Gaming Headphone Search
Nov 9, 2012 at 1:16 PM Post #16 of 24
It's attitudes like that that keep Soundmagic in the dark, it's way better built than the sennheiser, go read reviews, the HP100 is considered an excellent headphone for the price. If you don't want my advice fine, but don't go bashing a headphone just because they are not famous. I bet you that a lot of what you pay for sennheiser is the name, also I have a pair of sennheiser HD238, they sound good buut thebuild quality and general sound is not worth the MSRP

Nov 9, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #17 of 24
Quote:
It's attitudes like that that keep Soundmagic in the dark, it's way better built than the sennheiser, go read reviews, the HP100 is considered an excellent headphone for the price. If you don't want my advice fine, but don't go bashing a headphone just because they are not famous. I bet you that a lot of what you pay for sennheiser is the name, also I have a pair of sennheiser HD238, they sound good buut thebuild quality and general sound is not worth the MSRP

My apologies, I looked more into the SoundMAGIC HP100 and they are on my list of headphones to consider now. I always welcome the extras they come with like carrying case, detachable cord, and airline adapter. Thank you for keeping me opened minded.

Ohk so now we have a new contender the Ultrasone 780 vs SoundMAGIC HP100. Which has better comfort and immersion for gaming?

Nov 9, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #18 of 24
No problems nor hard feelings. Good luck.

I usually support the underdogs as they bring out such good products at good prices, not overpriced because of the brand.

Nov 10, 2012 at 6:06 AM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

So you actually haven't compared the HD 598 and the HP100.

Nov 10, 2012 at 6:36 AM Post #20 of 24
I was going to but the shops one was damaged, but I want impressed by the build quality.

Nov 12, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #21 of 24
I still have not come to a decision. Anyone think that the JVC HAS700 comfort are as good as the Bose AE2. I am still searching for a very comfortable immersive gaming headphone that sounds like a I am wearing a movie theater on my head with a deep rumbling bass.

Nov 13, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #22 of 24
i have had the bose ae2 and ultrasone 780. the 780 has a better sound, more range in bass and treble. the comfort 'issue' with the 780 is mostly small-ish earcups. if u have big ears it might be an issue.   consider the shure srh840, slightly larger cups, a little more bass, highs not as harsh as the ultrasone. I even prefer the shure srh440 over the ultrasone. 

Nov 13, 2012 at 1:27 AM Post #23 of 24
Curious as to why the Beyerdynamic DT770 wasn't ever brought up? Besides the over powered bass in the 80 ohm version, aren't they basically the closed kings of gaming?
I have the HM5 and they clamp like a vice and the pads are sweaty as hell.
The CALs are also great. Stock pads suck though.
I would at least look into the Dt770 80ohm or Pro versions.

Nov 13, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #24 of 24
I looked into the Beyerdynamic dt770s but they were a little on the expensive side for me. I liked that they have velour earpads so my ears wont get so hot but the high amount of impedance kind of scared me off. This is going to be my first "real" headphone purchase and it seems i would need to purchase an amp if I got them. I dont really want to get that deep into the scene yet. I want big bass like im wearing a movie theater on my head but for the least amount of money.

Ultrasone HiFi 580 : $119 Vs. Beyerdynamic dt770 $199 + Amp $40-$70?

I ordered the Ultrasone HiFi 580 from Amazon. Ill let you guys know what I think when they arrive.
If I dont like them Ill return them and maybe consider the Beyerdynamic dt770

Keep the suggestions coming just in case :)

Side note: I am tempted to buy the JVC HAS700 for portable headphone use. Any thoughts?
Im curious what $30 headphones that look very similar to Bose AE2 $150 headphones will sound like and how comfortable they might be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back