[FYI] Various IEM's tips pictorial comparison (updated Sept 29th, 2011)
Jan 9, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #361 of 404
Sure does, thanks!

Mar 3, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #362 of 404
General question. How does a wide bore tip effect the sound of an IEM compared to a "normal" tip? Is it true a "normal" tip will yield more of a tighter bass and wide bore deals with more of the treble. 

Mar 3, 2013 at 12:08 PM Post #363 of 404
Depends on the IEM, whether its high or low acoustic impedance. Bore of the tip doesn't affect bass, only seal does.

Mar 3, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #364 of 404
With the change of acoustic impedance, there might be a small shift of phase and can alter the perception of bass quantity (body).

Mar 4, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #366 of 404
popcorn.gif

May 21, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #370 of 404
May 22, 2013 at 1:48 AM Post #372 of 404
Quote:
Do u find olives degrade the sound of GR07's? If I use orange sony hybrids, would olives for me be small or medium?

Yes, a little bit as the nozzle opening is smaller.. Orange Hybrid is small size, so you will need a small olive.

May 22, 2013 at 3:06 AM Post #373 of 404
Will be subscribing this thread as it is helpful for me to search for better tips. I have small ears, but the medium tips sit outside ny canal well. Silicone tips are easy to wear, but create this vacuum seal that I find uncomfortable. This is case for my XBA-30 to which I own. None of the supplied tips (regular and hybrid) fit me well. Any tip recommendations you can suggest? Or should I try also foam tips? Thanks for the replies!

May 22, 2013 at 7:57 AM Post #374 of 404
Quote:
Will be subscribing this thread as it is helpful for me to search for better tips. I have small ears, but the medium tips sit outside ny canal well. Silicone tips are easy to wear, but create this vacuum seal that I find uncomfortable. This is case for my XBA-30 to which I own. None of the supplied tips (regular and hybrid) fit me well. Any tip recommendations you can suggest? Or should I try also foam tips? Thanks for the replies!

Hybrid is usually regarded as one of the easiest to use eartips. If they don't fit you, maybe foam is the answer. However, it will be expensive.

May 22, 2013 at 8:10 AM Post #375 of 404
Hybrid is usually regarded as one of the easiest to use eartips. If they don't fit you, maybe foam is the answer. However, it will be expensive.

I will do that, as soon as I get home from work. I have the small shure olives (used in SM2) and see if I can squeeze the tubing to the wide bore of my XBA-30. If it doesn't work, I might mod the olives with a wider tubing. In any case, i want a full sound with no drops whenever I move about my head, while chewing and flexing my jaws.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back