[FYI] Various IEM's tips pictorial comparison (updated Sept 29th, 2011)
Sep 16, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #348 of 404
Ok, after reading the 24 pages thread I find that the shure olives it's the best foam, but I'm still not shure (
tongue.gif
) what size it's best for my, I always use the smallest size available, but my brainwavz b2 came with comply medium and they fit really well when I compress them and insert them very deep, I'm not sure if the olive will compress as much as the comply (if so, I could buy the medium size) but If they doesn't compress as much  then the small size would be best for my, other small tips (hybrids, supergel and superfoam, stock silicon) hurt my ears and the comply aren't as long lasting.

Some wisdom words would be really appreciated as I don't want to spent 20 bucks (poor student here) in tips that doesn't fit me well. 

Sep 16, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #349 of 404
You really can't use Comply for comparison to other foam tips just because how much you can compress them. If you are using small size normally, I'll suggest you get the small Olive as well.

Sep 16, 2012 at 11:59 PM Post #351 of 404
For both comfort and isolation, ntohing beat Comply. Olive isn't quite as comfortable, but still really good. silicone eartips just ain't as isolating or comfortable as the above two.

Sep 17, 2012 at 2:23 AM Post #352 of 404
Many thanks for the tips and explanation man !

Sep 27, 2012 at 12:09 PM Post #353 of 404
I just got this morning my shure black foam (aka olives), they are great, the size is just what I need, they do compress more or less like the comply tips but they are supposedly to last more, so it's a win-win situation. I bought them from this seller on ebay:
http://myworld.ebay.com/erikaudioequip

Great price and ships very fast (the same day in my case) worldwide shipping as well and the tips are original and in their package.
Funny thing is that apparently shure makes the tips HERE in Mexico, but you can't buy any of their headphones or IEMs, they are very hard to find and very expensive, let alone the tips, oh well.

Sleves - Made in Mexico, Cleaning Tool - Made in Taiwan (probably too small to see) 

The Olives with my other daily tips (won't use anymore the comply and superfoam)

A compressed olive next to a uncompressed comply

Oct 9, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #355 of 404
what size of Sony Hybrid tips can be use for SoundMagic e10?? Thanks

All of them. The real question is, which size will fit you?

Dec 19, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #356 of 404
ClieOS, or any users, can you tell me about Westone UM56 mold. This is a good alternative to the foamy tips & plugs... I have a pair thats not working anymore. I have a slipping issues. Have you some recommandations... have tried some experimentations without success. thx

Dec 19, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #357 of 404
Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, they are. But I remember Mark (mark1234?) said they are really good quality clone, plus you get to choose which size you want. I actually ordered a few from that eBayer (really fast response btw) and hopefully will receive them by next week.

i put down money for a set of these as well last week... i think it should be turning up anytime soon...

ok, so today i've gotten some mechanical pencils, their inner tubes are really stiff but i found some that are the right size to be forced onto my IEM nozzles... now im just waiting for the glue holding them to the P series to dry out...

also i have got different mechanical pencil with a thinner inner tube... same diameter as the nozzles of the IEM's ... i cut them up into small sections, just enough to fit the rest of the length of my triple flanges where my IEM nozzles dont reach... i think it improved their sound quality a little, abit more bearable to listen to, but nowhere as clear as the tips which came with my IEM's ...

::edit:: yup it works, the glue has dried up in my comply P's, the stiffness of the mechanical pencil tube is allowing all the sound through, and it also seems that its giving better seperation between the different high pitched sounds in my music

in the picture, the tips are laid out in this order... westone T100, SHE9850 T100, comply P foam with my tube glued into it, original comply P sleeve... and that is how it fits onto my SHE9850's

Is all this operation can be done with on a westone UM56 mold? Using first with my SE530, and SE535. Now slipping issues happen with my new UM3x iem nozzle. Can somone have some idea?
merci!

Dec 19, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #358 of 404
bump!

Jan 9, 2013 at 4:32 PM Post #359 of 404
@sinquito - thanks for the tip but the erikaudioequip seller is gone from eBay, odd since he had 20,000+ feedback apparently !
Quote:
For both comfort and isolation, ntohing beat Comply. Olive isn't quite as comfortable, but still really good. silicone eartips just ain't as isolating or comfortable as the above two.

That doesn't apply to deep inserted tri-flange silicone I suppose?

Anyway great guide, should be called "all you ever watned to know about IEM tips" :wink: Oh, one thing I'm wondering is how long people are getting the ETY tri-flange or Shure tri-flange to last, 6 months?

Jan 9, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #360 of 404
Quote:
@sinquito - thanks for the tip but the erikaudioequip seller is gone from eBay, odd since he had 20,000+ feedback apparently !

Erik sent me a mail like a month ago with the new store name and webpage:

[size=12pt]website:[size=12pt]  [/size][size=10pt][size=12pt]www.audioequip.net[/size][/size][/size]

[size=12pt]ebay:[size=12pt]        [/size][size=10pt][size=12pt]http://stores.ebay.com/audioequipstore[/size][/size][/size]

[size=12pt]amazon:[size=12pt] [/size][size=10pt][size=12pt]amazon.audioequip.net[/size][/size][/size]

[size=10pt][size=12pt]Hope it helps[/size][/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back