FX67 Review | A Hidden Gem
Aug 13, 2012 at 11:13 AM Post #137 of 152
If you want extra bass, get the newer JVC HA-FX101. If you want a more neutral sound, imo the Panasonic RP-HJE355 at around $14 is a much better value than the JVC HA-FX67. If you like plenty of treble, you might want to consider the JVC HA-FX40. The JVC HA-FX67 is okay, however imo for the price the alternatives I mentioned seem better. I even prefer the $6 JVC Riptidz to the HA-FX67 based on sound quality.

Aug 13, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #139 of 152
Quote:
Is the HA-FX101 any different from the HA-FX1X? They look the same but the HA-FX101 is cheaper lol

Got both,  the FX101 is much better.  Better mids, highs,  better sound overall, and its cheaper

Aug 13, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #140 of 152
Quote:
If you want extra bass, get the newer JVC HA-FX101. If you want a more neutral sound, imo the Panasonic RP-HJE355 at around $14 is a much better value than the JVC HA-FX67. If you like plenty of treble, you might want to consider the JVC HA-FX40. The JVC HA-FX67 is okay, however imo for the price the alternatives I mentioned seem better. I even prefer the $6 JVC Riptidz to the HA-FX67 based on sound quality.

i cant stand the sound of those Riptidz, worst buy ever at least they where cheap, but they sound  cheap.. bass is lacking, highs nothing special, no details whatsover. dont let me start with that awaful cable.

my Fx40 now gots 120 hours of burn in and the highs are much tamed, very nice sound, details are awesome,very good bass, much better sound overall.

i agree , those Fx67  have recedes mids, but even like that i prefer them over those Ripidtz... i cant even stand that cable!
wink_face.gif

i even bought them beacuse your  always recommend them, but they sound... cheap, feel cheap.

Spend 10 bucks more and buy a nicer iem like the Fx101.

Aug 13, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #142 of 152
Many like the Riptidz. Imo it  is the best IEM under $10. If you think it lacks bass, you may not be getting a good seal, and need to use different tips. The Riptidz has a normal amount of bass. It isn't a basshead bass like on the HA-FX1X or HA-FX101.

Aug 13, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #143 of 152
I agree. Under10 dollars they have a good dolar to sound ratio. But i dont see them being better than the fx67. I have a lot of tips including complys bi flanges etc You can be sure i can get the best seal posible. They got bass but no way near the fx67 let alone the fx101. Even with recesed mids i can hear more details on the fx67 and find them much more fun to hear. Just my opinion. :wink:

Aug 13, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #144 of 152
Let's compare the HA-FX67 to the Panasonic RP-HJE355 or JVC HA-FX40 since they are much closer in price. The RP-HJE355 at around $14 is an excellent deal.

Aug 13, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #145 of 152
Let's compare the HA-FX67 to the Panasonic RP-HJE355 or JVC HA-FX40 since they are much closer in price. The RP-HJE355 at around $14 is an excellent deal.

Never heard those hje355. I am buying them. cool:

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #146 of 152
The RP-HJE355 has almost as much detail as the HA-FX40 but its balance is slightly warmer overall. It doesn't have the excessive treble problems of the HA-FX40. 

Dec 29, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #147 of 152
Today I was lurking around at a local store while my brother saw some games, I was looking at IEM's since (I think) I'm done  with cans for now, I want to get the Shure SE215, but I'll wait till I move, cause they sell them locally where I'm moving, so for now I was looking  to get some IEMs to use around while I don't have the Shure's, so I was looking at the IEM section and saw nothing that really caught my eye, except for these, they looked really nice and low profile, which is what I wanted, but since they where $20, I was not sure if it would be a worthy purchase, so I came to head-fi and encountered this thread, since you like them so much, I didn't hesitated any longer and picked up a pair in blue, My first impressions is that they are too slow for most of the music I listen to, so I was a little disappointed since I was hoping for something a little more forward, but when I play with softer rock (or even some softer metal), Hip-Hop, and EDM, these sound brilliant, even more for the price, plus the fit is amazing, I can lay sideways in bed with minimal discomfort, and I barely feel them after a couple of minutes. Overall, for $20, while not so good for my tastes in music (Progressive metal,metalcore, technical metal, etc). For people who listen to rock, pop, or really anything other than fast metal (Deftones where good on these), I think this is a brilliant buy, I might just need to get a pair for my dad, since I know he'll love them for the gym, I guess I will just give him my pair when I get the Shures, or maybe I'll end up liking  the JVC's better than the Shures
biggrin.gif

UPDATE:

After listening to these fro three hours straight last night, and listening to nothing but these today, I find them still fun and warm but a lot more balanced than before, and now bareable with heavier stuff and just amazing with more bass oriented stuff... Now I'm all into the over performing  IEM thing... I'm really liking these, though I have 0 experience with IEMs... these, while not as acurate or detailed as the Shure SRH440, are more enjoyable overall... Now I'm afried that when I listen to my cans these will sound to veiled again 
biggrin.gif
. SE215s discarded and now looking at over performing IEMs in the $100 tier, really liking the look of the Rockit r50, people say it's balanced but with a nice treble presentation. I wonder...

Nov 22, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #148 of 152
My pair arrived today. I just managed a quick listen before I went off to work and they definitely sounded coloured (although in an attractive, warm way) and seemed to have a ridiculous amount of bass (in comparison with my other cans). The bass didn't seem to affect the other frequencies though, so it was kind of a nice, dramatic bass, albeit not realistic. I can imagine this could well become an advantage when using them outside (their intended use). I've just left them burning in for now - looking forward to trying them out properly later on.

Dec 31, 2014 at 5:50 AM Post #150 of 152
Where are you guys ordering these from? Amazon says they're discontinued. Are they replaced by better models? 

I need some IEMs that are really warm (like px100, hd650) and affordable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back