FX-Audio DAC-X6 2016 Release; potential sub-$100 king?
Jan 17, 2018 at 10:32 PM Post #181 of 227
http://www.szfxaudio.com/view.php?ID=24

New X7 model, I think is still not available to sell, according to Google the picture is 2 days old.

17111406571463.gif

• FX-Audio DAC-X7 DSD USB DAC 32bit / 384kHz with headphone XMOS+CS8422+AK4490 + TPA6120

quoted from their website:
"Can sell at the end of January 2018 If you are interested in this model , can contact Julia email : sales@szfxaudio"

Jan 24, 2018 at 8:04 PM Post #182 of 227
I ordered one of these. Can anybody confirm if the line out on the back would work with powered speakers? Specifically the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1. Looking to use this mostly as a DAC for my PS4 and as a headphone amp only sometimes.

Edit: also can the DAC downsample 5.1 sound into stereo via optical input?

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2018 at 8:48 AM Post #183 of 227
Apr 17, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #187 of 227
Hello wrote a post about dac amp, maybe you can help me here
I started lately to listen music also from my computer, where I have a
Creative Sound Blaster Omni Surround 5.1
what do I miss? A dac? A Dac amp? I also have a fiio x5 2nd Gen that could be a dac but I'm totally confused about computers and audiophile standards
I dont want to spend over 100 - 150 usd because I prefer to listen music not with my computer, It's just a side option to listen my music with better quality while I'm using my computer

I was considering in my total ignorance:
Audioquest Dragonfly
FiiO E 10k
FiiO Olympus
FX Audio DAC-X6 HiFi Optical
But I'm sure I'm missing a better option

thank you

Apr 17, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #188 of 227
Hello wrote a post about dac amp, maybe you can help me here

thank you

What you need to know? The DAC-X6 is good for the money and you can swap opamps to change the sound.

Apr 17, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #189 of 227
I have 9x NE5532P opamp chips pm me if you want one, cleans up the sound really good.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2018 at 1:40 AM Post #190 of 227
I have a DAc X6 and I am using it as apreamp/dac for my DENON poa 3012ci. I have 4 speakers connected and sending digital signal from my PC via USB. I am experiencing loud clicking and popping noises every time the dac is receiving audio signals.
For example if I am listening to any youtube video and during the video there is a short period of time with no sound the green light on my dac will go off and I will hear a noise in my speakers, as soon as any digital is being sent to the dac the green light will turn on and I will hear another annoying sound. Imagine that you want to skip some footage on a video or you are watching a mouvie and there is a short or long moment of silence, I will hear popping all the time.
I tried the optical cable as well and I am having the same results.

Is there any way I can make the DAC to stay on all the time. Bypass the automatic signal detector so the green light is on all the time.

Thanks

Sep 3, 2018 at 10:29 AM Post #191 of 227
I have a DAc X6 and I am using it as apreamp/dac for my DENON poa 3012ci. I have 4 speakers connected and sending digital signal from my PC via USB. I am experiencing loud clicking and popping noises every time the dac is receiving audio signals.
For example if I am listening to any youtube video and during the video there is a short period of time with no sound the green light on my dac will go off and I will hear a noise in my speakers, as soon as any digital is being sent to the dac the green light will turn on and I will hear another annoying sound. Imagine that you want to skip some footage on a video or you are watching a mouvie and there is a short or long moment of silence, I will hear popping all the time.
I tried the optical cable as well and I am having the same results.

Is there any way I can make the DAC to stay on all the time. Bypass the automatic signal detector so the green light is on all the time.

Thanks

Did you end up finding a fix to this issue? I have been setting my mic to 'listen to this device' and setting the level to 0 and that keeps the dac awake but there is a very quiet hiss in the background. Barely ausible but it is annoying. So one problem has been traded for another...

Sep 3, 2018 at 6:08 PM Post #192 of 227
Did you end up finding a fix to this issue? I have been setting my mic to 'listen to this device' and setting the level to 0 and that keeps the dac awake but there is a very quiet hiss in the background. Barely ausible but it is annoying. So one problem has been traded for another...

Hi.
I'm bypassing the signal detector by looping a 10hz sound (that my speakers can't play) at an extremely low volume. Just enough so the DAC thinks that it is receiving a digital sound.

Sep 23, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #194 of 227
Hello
Can someone help me with this really simple question as I can't get a proper answer by searching..
Can I use this DAC computer-less once set up? Just to convert SPDIF signals to audio RCA ? For a musician playing live gigs with no computer. And how does the volume control work if not using computer ?

Cheers

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #195 of 227
I've been using these on the main desktop for a headset and recently, on a new desktop, my powered EDifier active speakers 1700BT sounded terribly muffled. Via wifi from another set up all was golden.
I plugged the speakers through RCA to the FX AUDIO X6 and all is sweet :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back