FX-Audio DAC-X6 2016 Release; potential sub-$100 king?
Aug 8, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #211 of 227
Hello Syn80,

I got exactly the same issue that you got since the very beginning.

Did you figured out how to solve this issue.
Where did you buy the new Jack socket and what is the reference ?

Thanks in advance for your help and inputs.

Regards
Cedric

I have yet to find the last solder point. All I have is ground and either Left or Right.

On Amazon I found pretty much the exact same socket. I don't know if links can be posted but if you go to Amazon and type "uxcell 6.5mm Socket 4 Pins Audio Stereo Jack Connector" you should see It sells for $2.54. You may find them elsewhere but this was where I found the closet match (the original had gold plating around the socket hole).

I would have liked to use this style if I knew the alternate solder points and it lined up well in the case and front hole, but I'm unable to make any progress until I find solder points.
eYfwiPG.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2019 at 10:31 PM Post #214 of 227
I have yet to find the last solder point. All I have is ground and either Left or Right.

On Amazon I found pretty much the exact same socket. I don't know if links can be posted but if you go to Amazon and type "uxcell 6.5mm Socket 4 Pins Audio Stereo Jack Connector" you should see It sells for $2.54. You may find them elsewhere but this was where I found the closet match (the original had gold plating around the socket hole).

I would have liked to use this style if I knew the alternate solder points and it lined up well in the case and front hole, but I'm unable to make any progress until I find solder points.
eYfwiPG.jpg

you can fix it?? same problem here,,, the plug work???? thanks

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2019 at 11:40 PM Post #215 of 227
you can fix it?? same problem here,,, the plug work???? thanks

I was able to fix mine. I didn't use the plug shown. I had an extra one of these below and cut off the L/R RCA plugs to solder to the points on the circuit board. Then I lined up the female 3.5mm socket with where the original socket was and filled in the gaps with hot glue. It looks fine from the outside and does what I need it to do. I will be upgrading to the Schiit Hel soon to replace it though.

9SsogFH.jpg

Dec 22, 2019 at 11:52 PM Post #217 of 227
I was able to fix mine. I didn't use the plug shown. I had an extra one of these below and cut off the L/R RCA plugs to solder to the points on the circuit board. Then I lined up the female 3.5mm socket with where the original socket was and filled in the gaps with hot glue. It looks fine from the outside and does what I need it to do. I will be upgrading to the Schiit Hel soon to replace it though.

9SsogFH.jpg

since in my country, cant find the same plug (original, from the dac) you recommend i dot this??? the plug got 6 wires?

Dec 22, 2019 at 11:57 PM Post #218 of 227
[QUOTE = "syn80, post: 15376951, membro: 517772"] Clique aqui para ler o meu. Não usei o plugue mostrado. Eu tinha um extra abaixo e os cortes L / R RCA para soldar os pontos na placa de circuito. Depois, alinhei ou soquete fêmea de 3,5 mm onde estava o soquete original e preenchido como lacunas com cola quente. Parece bem do lado de um fórum e faz o que eu preciso fazer. Vou atualizar para o Schiit Hel em breve para substituí-lo.

9SsogFH.jpg
[/ CITAR]

desde que no meu país eu não consigo encontrar o mesmo plugue (original from dac) você recomenda que eu faça algo assim ?? esse plugue tem 6 fios?

You don't have to use this exact plug. I was just trying to use something I already owned to fix the amp instead of purchasing something online. When you cut off the Red/White plugs it has 2 ground wires total and 2 positive wires (left / right). I twisted both ground wires to make 1 ground and kept the left & right wires separate. This leaves you with 3 wires. Ground, Left, Right that connects to the board.

Dec 23, 2019 at 12:01 AM Post #219 of 227
You don't have to use this exact plug. I was just trying to use something I already owned to fix the amp instead of purchasing something online. When you cut off the Red/White plugs it has 2 ground wires total and 2 positive wires (left / right). I twisted both ground wires to make 1 ground and kept the left & right wires separate. This leaves you with 3 wires. Ground, Left, Right that connects to the board.

thanks, u help me a lot!! you got any pic?? how u find the L/R side? the ground is the same you put here before?

Aug 6, 2020 at 9:41 AM Post #223 of 227
Hello guys! Not sure if I'll receive any replies here but I'll try anyway and thank you in advance for anyone who can help. I have got an FX-Audio X6 and it is distorting the mids, people talking for example (I'm very noob in the topic :)) Do you know if it can be solved by changing the power adapter, as I've seen a few people did this before, or perhaps the USB cable? The rest, bass and highs are sounding great, just the mids, especially people talking, for example on Discord is distorting. Tried with different jack adapters, no change, also tried to plug in a different power socket or connecting the USB to a different port, but no change unfortunately. Also tried the headphones (DT770 Pro 80) in the jack port on the laptop, it doesn't distort there.

Do you perhaps have any idea what is the issue, or how can it be solved?

Thank you in advance for everyone! :)

Sep 6, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #224 of 227
Hello guys! Not sure if I'll receive any replies here but I'll try anyway and thank you in advance for anyone who can help. I have got an FX-Audio X6 and it is distorting the mids, people talking for example (I'm very noob in the topic :)) Do you know if it can be solved by changing the power adapter, as I've seen a few people did this before, or perhaps the USB cable? The rest, bass and highs are sounding great, just the mids, especially people talking, for example on Discord is distorting. Tried with different jack adapters, no change, also tried to plug in a different power socket or connecting the USB to a different port, but no change unfortunately. Also tried the headphones (DT770 Pro 80) in the jack port on the laptop, it doesn't distort there.

Do you perhaps have any idea what is the issue, or how can it be solved?

Thank you in advance for everyone! :)

I'm having the exact same issue and I'm not hopeful I can get it replaced by the seller. I'm hoping someone can share a fix. Thanks!

Mar 4, 2021 at 4:40 AM Post #225 of 227
Thanks for updating me. How did you go about looping the sound? Is this on PC?
This works for me: https://veg.by/en/projects/soundkeeper/ or (github link)
Set it to run on startup for convenience sake if you always use the dac-x6.

I recently got and repaired one of these from the bad batch (the opamp issue). Swapping out the silver screws for some black oxide screws makes it look even better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back