FujiyaAvic 2012 Autumn Headphone Festival in Tokyo report by Currawong
Nov 13, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #46 of 81
Quote:
The new JVC FXZ-200 sounds very interesting. Man, I have to get one
popcorn.gif

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/JVC-HA-FXZ200-Dynamic-Closed-Canal-Earphone-/170936026287

Nov 15, 2012 at 7:14 AM Post #49 of 81
If anyone cant seem to find the JVCs on the site, they're on the Japanese site, so unless you can read Japanese, we only stare and drool. stare and drool.
http://www3.jvckenwood.com/accessory/inner_sp/fxz/index.html

Also, if anyone has auditioned the FXZ 100/200 for long enough to write a review, could you please link me and/or tell me how they stack up to wooduos 2 or the R-50s in terms of SQ and bang-for-buck?

Thanks!

Nov 15, 2012 at 7:29 AM Post #50 of 81
Quote:
Did anyone else get impressions of the new Audio Technica line? I'm curious to see if the new AD2000x is a direct improvement over the AD2000, or of there are any downsides to the new model. Also curious to see if they tried to tune the 1000x/900x to sound similar to the AD2000/x.

I'm very tempted to get a pair actually. I remember the AD2000s being intense -- the kind of intense that you have to take a day's break from listening too because all other headphones sound asleep afterwards, but in the face of orthos and 'stats their sound was too harsh. The AD2000X didn't seem to have that harshness that I remembered when I tried them. 

Quote:
If anyone cant seem to find the JVCs on the site, they're on the Japanese site, so unless you can read Japanese, we only stare and drool. stare and drool.
http://www3.jvckenwood.com/accessory/inner_sp/fxz/index.html

Also, if anyone has auditioned the FXZ 100/200 for long enough to write a review, could you please link me and/or tell me how they stack up to wooduos 2 or the R-50s in terms of SQ and bang-for-buck?

Thanks!

That wont be possible for anyone until at least the 20th as that is when they are released.  I considered simply asking for a review pair but considering that I want to buy a pair  I may as well just do so then review them as I feel like it.

Nov 16, 2012 at 7:12 AM Post #52 of 81
Quote:
Curra, your face was amazing as you checked out the TDK earphones. They are incredible at their price point, aren't they? I'm on a wait list of sorts for them when they hit at the end of November.

Talk about cutting to the chase with the price! The Sonys, which surprised me a year ago, have been discounted like mad now. It's funny to think before that I was totally uninterested in IEMs, re-enforced by how horrible they sounded, generally, compared to full-sized headphones.  I reckon these companies might almost totally turn this around.

Nov 18, 2012 at 4:30 PM Post #53 of 81
I don't care if I'll look like a friggin frankenstein monster. is they sound the way I like it, than I' gonna totally get the fxz100 (due to it's alleged more balanced frequency response...)

Nov 19, 2012 at 7:03 PM Post #54 of 81
Quote:
Talk about cutting to the chase with the price! The Sonys, which surprised me a year ago, have been discounted like mad now.

I was glad to be able to take advantage of that discounting recently (I love those xba3's). Now, if I can just hold off for a year or so from from reading anything that you have to say about the fxz's, then maybe I'll be able to get them also at a discount. WIsh me luck lol!

Quote:
It's funny to think before that I was totally uninterested in IEMs, re-enforced by how horrible they sounded, generally, compared to full-sized headphones.  I reckon these companies might almost totally turn this around.

Indeed! Two months ago, I didn't think that I would ever even have any iem's. That was before meeting dsnuts. Anyway, I quite like them now
smile.gif

Nov 19, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #56 of 81
Quote:
I take no responsibility for influencing others. Innocent till proven guilty.

I have 4 sets of dsnuts-approved (well, all of them were at one point dsnuts-approved) iem's. The jury ain't gonna be hung on this one my friend!
beerchug.gif

Nov 20, 2012 at 12:25 AM Post #57 of 81
Quote:
No picture of the MA700? 
frown.gif

The HA-FXZ100 looks even less discreet than the TF10:

I hope they are not as heavy as they look. I find my fxd70's to be on the verge of being too heavy. Those fxz100's don't look any lighter!

Nov 20, 2012 at 1:02 AM Post #58 of 81
Quote:
Quote:
Talk about cutting to the chase with the price! The Sonys, which surprised me a year ago, have been discounted like mad now.

I was glad to be able to take advantage of that discounting recently (I love those xba3's). Now, if I can just hold off for a year or so from from reading anything that you have to say about the fxz's, then maybe I'll be able to get them also at a discount. WIsh me luck lol!

Quote:
It's funny to think before that I was totally uninterested in IEMs, re-enforced by how horrible they sounded, generally, compared to full-sized headphones.  I reckon these companies might almost totally turn this around.

Indeed! Two months ago, I didn't think that I would ever even have any iem's. That was before meeting dsnuts. Anyway, I quite like them now
smile.gif

I told you I liked them better than I did the new Stax portable rig didn't I? 
evil_smiley.gif

Anyhow, today was release day so I might look at getting a pair of each.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back