FujiyaAvic 2012 Autumn Headphone Festival in Tokyo report by Currawong
Nov 29, 2012 at 2:13 AM Post #76 of 81
Ray only had a source I wasn't familiar with. My experiences with sources is such that I wont put trust in anything I'm not familiar with. Most of the time when evaluating unfamiliar amps, I'm inclined to use my DX100, as I'm familiar with it. I probably should have done that with Ray's amps, but the room was too noisy to listen with 'stats anyway and there is no way I want to comment on gear with unfamiliar music.

Dec 1, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #77 of 81
Great report Currawong and interesting pictures - found your comments on the Fostex TH900 in comparison to the R10 to be very interesting - I have always wanted to hear the R10 but short of a reissue I think my chances are slim here in Australia. I have just bought the TH900 and am breaking them in as I type - very impressed so far.

Dec 8, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #78 of 81
Great review Currawong - the TakeT H2+ looks interesting and is on my list.
Pleased to see the K 1000's still holding their own.

Dec 14, 2012 at 9:04 PM Post #80 of 81
 Got both JVC earphones yesterday.  I now understand why Currawong gave these the best of show.. Excellent earphones. The FXZ100 has to be heard as well. I think you would dig the FXZ100. Currawong. Closer to the XBA-3 sound balance. The FXZ200 however is the higher end even more refined phones. Both are sick beyond comprehension. 

Dec 14, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #81 of 81
I did try them in-store again recently. Am still considering getting one or both pairs if not asking for review pairs. The last month-and-a-half has been too busy though. Thankfully Xmas is not a holiday here (except for schools) so I might still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back