Frogbeats Custom-IEM Appreciation Thread
Apr 17, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #722 of 867
Quote:
I rarely hear of FitEar customers having fit problems. Probably because they require you to take the impression at their office in Japan. And that's also the reason why it is so inaccessible to many. It's a bummer that your experience with the C4s was so negative. Personally, I felt neither wowed nor disappointed (Well, maybe a little disappointed that I wasn't wowed). But I guess all ears appreciate differently. Will you be selling off the C4s?

I'm actually considering getting the Monets or the 335s.

Will be going to Japan over the summer, currently just mulling over if I want to sell some gear to invest in another set of customs.

The 334 is very attractive to me just because I'm intrigued how good universal IEMs can get.

Apr 17, 2013 at 11:23 AM Post #723 of 867

Will be going to Japan over the summer, currently just mulling over if I want to sell some gear to invest in another set of customs.

The 334 is very attractive to me just because I'm intrigued how good universal IEMs can get.

When I get into a nice college, I'll take a trip to Japan (hopefully) and get the Monets...but that is still one more year. Who knows, I might even sell my C4s and take part of the loss for them.

Apr 17, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #724 of 867
The 334 are great but I like some other universals better.

Apr 19, 2013 at 10:57 AM Post #727 of 867
I guess the C4's weren't the sound signature you were looking for.:frowning2:

Anyhow GLWTS!

Apr 19, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #728 of 867
So I've been hearing this cracking noise in my left CIEM when I move my head, and I just noticed that the noise is coming from the plastic covering the cable. I can recreate the sound by pressing on it, the right hook doesn't suffer from this. Anyone have this issue?

Apr 19, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #729 of 867
Quote:
So I've been hearing this cracking noise in my left CIEM when I move my head, and I just noticed that the noise is coming from the plastic covering the cable. I can recreate the sound by pressing on it, the right hook doesn't suffer from this. Anyone have this issue?

Do you have another cable to try it out? Not sure how that problem arise since the plastic covering the cable (I assume its the memory cable portion close to the pin) is pretty tight.

Apr 19, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #730 of 867
Nope, just the one that came with the CIEMs. I bent the plastic straight, and it's still only the left that makes the noise (repeatable). It's irritating, and I was just wondering if it's common with westone cables, else I'm gonna lose sleep.

Apr 19, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #731 of 867
Quote:
Nope, just the one that came with the CIEMs. I bent the plastic straight, and it's still only the left that makes the noise (repeatable). It's irritating, and I was just wondering if it's common with westone cables, else I'm gonna lose sleep.

I have never gotten that problem with any ciem cable (Westone and the stock Frogbeats cable included).

Could you take a photo to show us? It might be the memory metal wire inside the plastic that is loose.

Apr 19, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #732 of 867
Took a look, appears the same, and not overly loose. At least not where the wire exits the plastic.

Apr 19, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #733 of 867
Quote:

I don't think cracking is a good sign... are you sure it isn't just microphonics? I remember microphonics being a big issue still for mine.

Apr 19, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #734 of 867
Don't know. When I press on the plastic, particularly the part near the where the wire exits, a clicking sound is made. (Tried both when worn and in hands) The sound also occurs if move my head quickly. The right piece's plastic doesn't do this most of the time.

If it's normal, I can live with it. If not, I'm screwed, since new cables are way expensive.

Apr 20, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #735 of 867
Quote:
Don't know. When I press on the plastic, particularly the part near the where the wire exits, a clicking sound is made. (Tried both when worn and in hands) The sound also occurs if move my head quickly. The right piece's plastic doesn't do this most of the time.

If it's normal, I can live with it. If not, I'm screwed, since new cables are way expensive.

BTG sells aftermarket cable at a pretty decent price. You may want to get stock Westone cable too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back