Found a little guide to mod senn's hd 25 but its in japanese
Jun 15, 2009 at 10:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Mr C

100+ Head-Fier
I bought myself the hd25 a few weeks ago and I haven't been able to find any mods for it (other than recable).
Tastefull Eye: HD25-mod
The only thing I saw was this page in japanese, but google translation wasn't too clear about what to do.
Can anyone help?

Jun 15, 2009 at 6:32 PM Post #2 of 10
Hello Mr.Mr C.

I cannot speak English so much.
However, I'm glad if this is useful.

Frankly speaking, the purpose of his remodeling is to cancel an indistinct sound.
Broadly speaking, he want to reduce the quantity of the low tone sound.(=he want to make it a clear sound)

He is adopting three methods.
1:Use a material that absorbs vibration.The name of the material is fo.Q(PA-01).
fo.Q ─ 製å“紹介 PA-01 (Sales termination in Japan)

2:Change the sound absorption material.
This is a sponge on the driver & the other side.

3:Change the ear pad. (Normal→Velours)

I tried it in various ways, too, but the overuse of the fo.Q is not good.
Because the material is very strong.

At first you had better do change the sponge.(like a filter of the ventilation fan)
And it is good to change the material of sponge and to process shape.

End.
Good bye.

Jun 15, 2009 at 7:46 PM Post #3 of 10
Hi jota,

Welcome to the forums!
Don't worry about your English, it's actually quite decent, even if you use some grammar incorrectly.
But it shows that you put effort in your posts to make them legible, which is more than can be said for many a user who happen to be native in the English language.

じゃ、フォラームにようこそ。

Jun 15, 2009 at 8:29 PM Post #4 of 10
Hmm so htis would be a mod to tame the bass. I'm thinking of buying a nuforce icon so this sounds like a mod that would be a bad idea couple with that dac/amp.
Thanks for the help, guess that i'll have to satisfy my modding frenzy by working on my Frankenstein sony phones.

Jun 15, 2009 at 9:06 PM Post #7 of 10
Thank you Mr.tk3.

Hi Mr.leeperry.
It is likely to be found if going directly to the shop.
However, the discovery on the net might be difficult.

50$!!? So expensive!!!(°Д°)
The prices more than the double that I bought.
postage is terrible...

Jun 15, 2009 at 9:12 PM Post #8 of 10
Just do the blutak mod to the hd25. I have an sp version and damped the back of the cups in a similar fashoin. This use the same principles as damping an orthodynamic. The extra material in the back results in reducing the bass and tighting it which is much needed for the hd25sp. the resulting sound is more balanced and cleaner since the bass muddies up the mids and more of the high are revealed. The mod basically reduces the bass backwave that bounce from the back of the cup.

Jun 15, 2009 at 10:38 PM Post #9 of 10
Sounds like they might benefit from a markl-style mod like Denons do.

Mar 13, 2011 at 9:30 PM Post #10 of 10
digging this bad boy up from the dead, anyone have instructions on how to do this? and would dynamatt work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back