Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review
Nov 24, 2015 at 11:42 AM Post #32 of 12,086
  Earspads are too small and no detachable cable, 0/10 would not bang :D
But I can understand them doing it to keep costs down

The cables have never been detachable, going back to the original Denon models. Not saying I love that aspect, but it's not like Massdrop is going to commission a modification for that sort of thing. Wouldn't be worth the trouble nor make financial sense for them. 

Earpads are very similar to the Denons so use that to judge how these might fit you. Or, just swap 'em out, as I intend to do. 

Nov 24, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #35 of 12,086
Are you kidding me? I missed out on a brand new addition to the great Fostex house sound for only $399 that is supposedly placed between the TH-600 and the TH-900? I have been missing my modded TH-600's lately and this would've made a great replacement for those... 

Boy I really hope these show up in the classifieds or in another drop again sometime soon!

- InsanityOne 
redface.gif

Nov 24, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #36 of 12,086
  Are you kidding me? I missed out on a brand new addition to the great Fostex house sound for only $399 that is supposedly placed between the TH-600 and the TH-900? I have been missing my modded TH-600's lately and this would've made a great replacement for those... 

Boy I really hope these show up in the classifieds or in another drop again sometime soon!

- InsanityOne 
redface.gif

You haven't miss the drop. It's just Massdrop's way of announcing new drops usually for the new items.

Nov 24, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #37 of 12,086

You haven't miss the drop. It's just Massdrop's way of announcing new drops usually for the new items.

Really?

Quote:

The product page can be found HERE and ordering goes live on Friday the 27th. This drop will be limited to 2000 units.  

Phew, you're right! I didn't miss it! Thank goodness!

- InsanityOne 
biggrin.gif

Nov 24, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #38 of 12,086
Holy...

I loved Denon's sound signature and I got rid of them because of "leakage" issue. At $400, looking so beautiful and possibly sounding great as well I might just forget about leaks and get this one!!! Arrghhh!!! Early Christmas gift?!? Let's see if I can get in the first 2000 orders.

Nov 24, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #40 of 12,086
  Holy...

I loved Denon's sound signature and I got rid of them because of "leakage" issue. At $400, looking so beautiful and possibly sounding great as well I might just forget about leaks and get this one!!! Arrghhh!!! Early Christmas gift?!? Let's see if I can get in the first 2000 orders.

Yeah, to be honest the TH-X00 series of headphones don't really do well in terms of isolation. Similar to that of the Denon DX000 series. That is why I originally gave up my modded TH-600's for a pair of Beyerdynamic T5p's. But I will admit the Fostex sound is just so fun and inviting that it makes me want to go back too!

- InsanityOne 
tongue.gif

Nov 24, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #41 of 12,086
  @project86 I don't know if you ever heard the AT W3000anv, but if you had, can you share some thoughts about it in comparison to the TH-X00? Since I love their euphonic mids 

It's been a while since I heard the W3KANV. I'd say this is a very different signature though. More bass, deeper extension, and certainly not those "unique" AT mids which people either love or hate. 

Nov 24, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #43 of 12,086
What $399. Stop stealing my money
confused_face.gif
confused_face.gif
had these been $600 I might have passed.. but nope they got me hook line and sinker. I'll be up Friday morning ready to purchase one of these

Nov 24, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #45 of 12,086
WOW, this looks better than urushi cups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back