Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Nov 9, 2013 at 6:31 PM Post #5,687 of 18,760
Got it from a retailer in OZ. Did a package deal with some other stuff that I needed and was able to get a steep discount. Can't say exactly how much here, but it was pretty goid. Yes, brand new. I guess they gave me a good deal because I'm a repeat customer.

Nov 10, 2013 at 4:45 PM Post #5,691 of 18,760
7-10 hours on the TH900, yesterday were on the M-Stage and today were on the WA7 (EH golden Tubes), there is little improvement in the treble and subtle in the bass, yet i am not there, still 1-2 weeks to go :p  

Update: now i am started to feel WoW by the Treble! :3 gave it 6 hours on the WA7 and now back to the M-Stage(opa627) since i cant use the WA7 longer :p and the Treble is WoWing me compared to the out of the box, and wow that will keep getting better :p

the WA7 EH tube will need more burning ofc compared to the M-Stage that is burned already, yet the WA7's mdis are way better than the M-Stage, not the stock tubes ofc, the stock tubes are to give n shape rather than U -.-'' hate it XD

Nov 10, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #5,692 of 18,760
  7-10 hours on the TH900, yesterday were on the M-Stage and today were on the WA7 (EH golden Tubes), there is little improvement in the treble and subtle in the bass, yet i am not there, still 1-2 weeks to go :p  

Update: now i am started to feel WoW by the Treble! :3 gave it 6 hours on the WA7 and now back to the M-Stage(opa627) since i cant use the WA7 longer :p and the Treble is WoWing me compared to the out of the box, and wow that will keep getting better :p

the WA7 EH tube will need more burning ofc compared to the M-Stage that is burned already, yet the WA7's mdis are way better than the M-Stage, not the stock tubes ofc, the stock tubes are to give n shape rather than U -.-'' hate it XD

Also, try not to play too loudly. The TH900 has this uncanny ability to MAKE you want to play loud as it is so fun. But, if you dial down the volume a bit, lot's of micro detail will emerge that you otherwise would miss when listening at a higher clip (because you're just rocking out).

Whereas some cans will give you all the details up front, the TH900 tends to really quiet down during quiet passages and then give you that oomph when needed. It is a bass monster at high volume, but a detail master at normal listening levels. 

Nov 11, 2013 at 3:59 AM Post #5,694 of 18,760

I normally like to hide quoted pix but this time I thought I'd leave this particular one displayed. It's sad to see you let this one go GG. I thought they'd be keepers for you.

Nov 11, 2013 at 4:22 AM Post #5,695 of 18,760

I normally like to hide quoted pix but this time I thought I'd leave this particular one displayed. It's sad to see you let this one go GG. I thought they'd be keepers for you.

Thanks Anak. The TH900 is so far my favorite headphone to date and I REALLY do not want to let them go. However, I'm in a super tight spot right now so I'm forced to sell it off.... Maybe in the future I will acquire them again. These cups are continue to amaze me every time I hold them in my hands. Also going to blame my bad decision to get a JH Audio product. JH3A was a fail, so the JH13 essentially locked me in. They don't offer universal Roxannes via themselves, but only through dealers, so they can't send me those instead. Ugh such a headache.

Nov 11, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #5,696 of 18,760
Updates Kothganesh! How do they compare to the TH900? Got the TH900 on my head right now.

Dude,

its only Monday. They are in customs now.
mad.gif

Nov 11, 2013 at 7:57 AM Post #5,698 of 18,760

Also, try not to play too loudly. The TH900 has this uncanny ability to MAKE you want to play loud as it is so fun. But, if you dial down the volume a bit, lot's of micro detail will emerge that you otherwise would miss when listening at a higher clip (because you're just rocking out).

Whereas some cans will give you all the details up front, the TH900 tends to really quiet down during quiet passages and then give you that oomph when needed. It is a bass monster at high volume, but a detail master at normal listening levels. 

I can say this is good advice for TH600 too :p
I'm rocking out right now to RATM Flacs. So ******** good!
Modest Mouse was a lot of fun too. Man Fostex know how to make a hood pair of headphones. They most definitely do seem to mature with age/hours too, the dynamics just get better and better!
I'd like to try the 900s sometime but I'm so happy with their little bro's 

Nov 11, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #5,700 of 18,760
  I can say this is good advice for TH600 too :p
I'm rocking out right now to RATM Flacs. So ******** good!
Modest Mouse was a lot of fun too. Man Fostex know how to make a hood pair of headphones. They most definitely do seem to mature with age/hours too, the dynamics just get better and better!
I'd like to try the 900s sometime but I'm so happy with their little bro's 

Glad to hear you are enjoying the TH600s. Those were my first choice too. Things worked out well for me during that time (like tax refunds, a bit of a performance bonus, plus discount from my retailer) that led me to the TH900s. Otherwise, I would not have been able to put together the scratch without those things coming together. 

I'm sure if I ended up with the 600's, I'd be content as well. 

All the best.

Glenn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back