Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Nov 13, 2013 at 12:05 AM Post #5,701 of 18,762
Just got a haircut after a long time and I swear the headphones sound better lol. A lot more comfortable too. Seems like I get a much better seal around my ears without all that hair.

Going to cut my hair regularly now just for listening purposes 
biggrin.gif

Nov 13, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #5,702 of 18,762
  Just got a haircut after a long time and I swear the headphones sound better lol. A lot more comfortable too. Seems like I get a much better seal around my ears without all that hair.

Going to cut my hair regularly now just for listening purposes 
biggrin.gif

Hehe.... funny I had the exact same experience not to long ago
beerchug.gif

Nov 13, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #5,703 of 18,762

Going to cut my hair regularly now just for listening purposes :D

Oh yeah, finally someone broaches this idea! Been cutting my hair shorter for more than a year now just for this reason. Hahahah!

Nov 13, 2013 at 4:57 AM Post #5,704 of 18,762
I'm now a proud owner of the TH900 :).

And wow!  These headphones are truly a masterpiece.  One of the only headphones that's probably worth its asking price.  These headphones are simply stunning from its performance to its looks.

I've owned a few 1000k+ headphones and none of them have wowed me the way the TH900 has.  In fact many of them were a huge disappointment.

I see people talk a lot about Audeze, Beyerdynamics, HiFiMan, Sennheiser, etc.  I've tried them all and none of them were as comfortable, sounded as good, or even looked as good as the TH900.  These headphones are perfection from its build to the sound quality.  It is a pair of headphones I do not regret spending my money on.

Fostex has created a masterpiece here.  It is the greatest headphone I've ever head the pleasure of listening to.

Nov 13, 2013 at 6:36 AM Post #5,705 of 18,762
hey guys i got one very important burn in question, my TH900 is used for like one year, i bought it for like 1200$ here in head-fi, the drivers should be already burned in right? yet i find that the bass and treble extend and sparkle more on the TH600 that i had for two months, i really find this to be very strange, or do i need to get used to the sound sig or something? 

Nov 13, 2013 at 6:58 AM Post #5,706 of 18,762

And wow!  These headphones are truly a masterpiece.  One of the only headphones that's probably worth its asking price.  These headphones are simply stunning from its performance to its looks.

I've owned a few 1000k+ headphones and none of them have wowed me the way the TH900 has.  In fact many of them were a huge disappointment.

I see people talk a lot about Audeze, Beyerdynamics, HiFiMan, Sennheiser, etc.  I've tried them all and none of them were as comfortable, sounded as good, or even looked as good as the TH900.  These headphones are perfection from its build to the sound quality.  It is a pair of headphones I do not regret spending my money on.

Fostex has created a masterpiece here.  It is the greatest headphone I've ever head the pleasure of listening to.

Congrats .... enjoy them.

Nov 13, 2013 at 7:02 AM Post #5,707 of 18,762
  hey guys i got one very important burn in question, my TH900 is used for like one year, i bought it for like 1200$ here in head-fi, the drivers should be already burned in right? yet i find that the bass and treble extend and sparkle more on the TH600 that i had for two months, i really find this to be very strange, or do i need to get used to the sound sig or something?

Give your ears some time to adjust to the new sound sig.

Nov 13, 2013 at 7:24 AM Post #5,708 of 18,762

Congrats, I have had them for a few months now, and I still feel the same way I did when I received them. even just looking at them makes me happy 
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 13, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #5,709 of 18,762

Unless you have a fresh pair alongside a used pair you cannot tell anyway. And factor in pads being worn in

Nov 13, 2013 at 9:05 AM Post #5,711 of 18,762
note to clean the confusion, I've been using them for 3-4 days, the old user used them for a year, so it is matter of time for my head to get used to the sound sig right? i though cause i got used to the TH600 it should't take a lot of the TH900 since they are similar :/ 

Nov 13, 2013 at 9:48 AM Post #5,713 of 18,762

Congrats, I like them too - but the you're saying the HD800 is less comfortable? I can't agree there, even in weight alone the 800 would win in comfort.

Nov 13, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #5,714 of 18,762
Using them with the Alpha Pads, yet i don't think the change of the sound should be big, it should be subtle  :p 

Nov 13, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #5,715 of 18,762
You might just prefer a brighter sound and it probably isn't necessarily the TH900's fault. On the other hand, the TH600 might not be settled down yet and what you're hearing might be just spiky treble.

Reciprocating what's ALWAYS said on this forum rather than having your opinion is becoming a major problem.

Everyone has a different head and differing takes on what comfort is. Some will find one headphone more comfortable than another. Personally I find the Audeze more comfortable than the HD800 despite being much heavier because the weight is nicely distributed to the cups and it's also a nice snug feeling on my head. With the HD800, it is in a sense intrinsically comfortable, but I find it a bit too light and loose on the head. The less cushioned pads make it seem more present on my head and especially on the sides of my head. Lastly, the TH900 feels like a bit of a mix between the other two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back