Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones
Mar 3, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #422 of 3,438
Quote:

It's similar with the TH900 also, it can be ordered from Pricejapan and shipped to U.S. (and other countries) for $1660 including shipping and all fees.  The most dramatic difference is the Stax SR-009 which sells for $3,600 on there vs. over $5,000 in the states.  I ordered my AD2000X from there with no problems for $579 and got them in just under a week.

Those are great prices!  The problem is it is a link to somewhere else (kakaku.com), and I can't read Japanese 
triportsad.gif

Mar 5, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #425 of 3,438
Quote:
Sorry, but i don't look the price of this headphone, somebody could say me it?

Thanks

$840 from price japan, the link was a few pages ago.

Mar 5, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #426 of 3,438
@muppetface,(or anyone else)

how do you find the th600 compare to the sig pro's & DJ??

Mar 5, 2013 at 1:01 AM Post #427 of 3,438
@muppetface,(or anyone else)

how do you find the th600 compare to the sig pro's & DJ??

Can I get back to you later tonight about the TH-600 vs SigDJ? Picking up my DJs later today...the same demos I did the review last year so quite broken in.

Mar 5, 2013 at 11:05 AM Post #429 of 3,438
Quote:
This is a comparison I'm very much interested in, can't wait to read your impressions.

Sorry...live raw notes.

Headphone DAC/Amp: Fostex HP-A8
iTunes via Audirvana+ 1.4.6: integer mode 2
Both Headphones using 1/4" jacks

Spanish Harlem - Rebecca Pidgeon (16/44.1 FLAC)
TH-600 seems to sound wider, whilst SigDJ seems more closed but deeper imaging, & taller sound stage.
SigDJ vocals has a more intimate whilst the TH-600 seems more set-back. By this I mean positioning from the listener (not talking about mid forwardness/recess-ness).
The SigDJ's S-Logic makes some instruments sound to come from behind the listener, whilst the TH-600, it feels more like sitting on row 5.
TH-600 has more distinct instrument separation

Through The Eyes Of Love - Sarah Morgann (16/44.1 FLAC)
Again, with the SigDJ's S-Logic, I feel I'm on the stage with artist and pianist performing, whilst with the TH-600 it's more taking from an audience's position.
The SigDJ's more closed proximity to the performance makes it easier to hear the detail, but with the TH-600 it feels more natural and laid back.

Climax - Usher (16/44.1 FLAC)
SigDJ's bass...wow. Trebles are also more forward and airy but not sibilant. More engaging on the SigDJ. The TH-600 feels too refined for whilst the SigDJ feels more engaging with its all S-Logic imaging. Usher feels more "hip" with SigDJ. The TH-600 has more of attending a sophisticated black tie concert but no one's allowed to jump up 'n down to dance.

Want U Back - Cher Lloyd
SigDJ's closed but "all around you" soundstage actually feels more engaging again in comparison to the TH-600. Same Usher's Climax, the TH-600 feels a little too refined for this kind of fast fun genre.

Star Wars Main Theme - John Williams (16/44.1 FLAC)
The tables have turned again. The TH-600 feels rich, spacious with a large orchestra to breath. The instrument separation helps here. The SigDJ feels too closed for this kind of presentation.

Don't Stop Believin' - Journey (DSD DSF 2.8MHz)
The TH-600's larger soundstage again seems to let this kind of rock to breath more nicely. The SigDJ actually felt more 2D-ish which surprised me. I did reseat the headphones on my ears properly for the S-Logic positioning but no improvement.

This is what I've got so far. Apologies for the brief notes.

Mar 5, 2013 at 12:06 PM Post #430 of 3,438
I think I want the Sig DJs darnit!!!!! LOL

Thanks for the quick notes AnakChan.

Mar 5, 2013 at 12:11 PM Post #431 of 3,438
Quote:
I think I want the Sig DJs darnit!!!!! LOL

Thanks for the quick notes AnakChan.

To be honest, I didn't expect the SigDJ to perform that well. I know I wrote an impression of it last year in November, and I've had the TH-600 for the past month this year and thought the TH-600 will easily best the SigDJ's.

Today I actually picked up the very same SigDJ I reviewed last year (so it's kinda well burnt in) and thought the TH-600 would best the SigDJ in every way and in every genre. Instead I'm surprised that there were areas where the SigDJ wasn't so easily beaten.

Mar 5, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #433 of 3,438
BTW, just when I thought the TH-600 couldn't get any better. Tell ya what, this amp isn't even really warmed up yet and it's making me think I need to re-evaluate my impressions of the TH-600!!

Mar 5, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #434 of 3,438
Quote:
BTW, just when I thought the TH-600 couldn't get any better. Tell ya what, this amp isn't even really warmed up yet and it's making me think I need to re-evaluate my impressions of the TH-600!!

Sexy setup!! Yowza!!! 
size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back