Fostex T60RP
Oct 7, 2022 at 6:54 AM Post #1,336 of 1,450
Nope. The Brainwavz Sheepskin Leather Angled Memory Foam Earpad I tried from amazon weren't an exact fit... The overall diameter was too small and caused them to fold inwards.

I've actually grown to like the Xenon suedes that came with mine.
Oh darn, I just ordered the Hybrid angled ones. Well they arrive today so i will test fit. Thanks

Oct 12, 2022 at 3:12 AM Post #1,337 of 1,450
Can anyone please some reasonably priced pads for these cans? ZMF and xenons are a no go (too expensive and can't get them in the UK) and something that sounds similar to stock? I was thinking maybe shure 840? I tried brainwavez but the foam was super firm. I like very soft. The 1540 is brutally expensive, but willing if better than stock? Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2022 at 5:50 AM Post #1,338 of 1,450
Can anyone please some reasonably priced pads for these cans? ZMF and xenons are a no go (too expensive and can't get them in the UK) and something that sounds similar to stock? I was thinking maybe shure 840? I tried brainwavez but the foam was super firm. I like very soft. The 1540 is brutally expensive, but willing if better than stock? Thanks a lot.
I went with aliexpress sheepskin in a 90mm round - about £20 IIRC.
Thicker than stock which worked to take away the ‘shout’ that I felt these had with the original pads.

Oct 14, 2022 at 4:18 AM Post #1,341 of 1,450
My used T60RP came with the myflower foam baffles, but I kind of feel they are a bit too boomy and make the treble less sparkly. But I am a total noob and unsure. I have some spare t50rp stock foams. As the t60rp comes stock with a tiny foam ring, even less than they stock t50, does anyone think the mayflower baffle foams are overkill? Thanks.

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:10 PM Post #1,342 of 1,450
did anybody compared this headphones with HD660s? I would like to hears some thoughts, pros and cons of the HD660s against the T60rp. I have T60, but they are little bit heavy and can't wear more than 2 hours. Which aspects are better on HD660s soundwise?

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:41 PM Post #1,343 of 1,450
did anybody compared this headphones with HD660s? I would like to hears some thoughts, pros and cons of the HD660s against the T60rp. I have T60, but they are little bit heavy and can't wear more than 2 hours. Which aspects are better on HD660s soundwise?
I do not pretend to the truth, as many people have so many opinions. I compared both. - 660S tolerate the equalizer worse. The bass on them will be worse. There will be no sub bass. The 660S sound more or less neutral. In my opinion, the Fostex T60P is better. Their comfort is good 60. Yes, there are headphones lighter, and there are even heavier (

Nov 19, 2022 at 3:05 AM Post #1,344 of 1,450
HD660s is a totally usable pair of cans OOTB. They're natural sounding and neutral, and require very little EQ to shine. T60rp, OTOH, is a hot mess with shrill highs and no bass. They're very fatiguing and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone in their stock form.

Nov 19, 2022 at 7:04 PM Post #1,345 of 1,450
HD660s is a totally usable pair of cans OOTB. They're natural sounding and neutral, and require very little EQ to shine. T60rp, OTOH, is a hot mess with shrill highs and no bass. They're very fatiguing and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone in their stock form.
really interesting, because I didn't heard any shrill highs or another issues described by you. maybe because I'm not so sensitive to highs and about the bass I'm quite happy with it. it very clean and punchy, has weight and resolution.

Apr 5, 2023 at 8:42 AM Post #1,346 of 1,450
My used T60RP came with the myflower foam baffles, but I kind of feel they are a bit too boomy and make the treble less sparkly. But I am a total noob and unsure. I have some spare t50rp stock foams. As the t60rp comes stock with a tiny foam ring, even less than they stock t50, does anyone think the mayflower baffle foams are overkill? Thanks.

I think they are perfect with the mayflower baffles. I’m using the accessory house pads which are similar to the zmf.

The same baffles and pads make the T50 too boomy though.

Apr 5, 2023 at 10:05 AM Post #1,347 of 1,450
I think they are perfect with the mayflower baffles. I’m using the accessory house pads which are similar to the zmf.

The same baffles and pads make the T50 too boomy though.
I have the T60RP and T50RP MK3. IMHO they are both excellent planars for the money and represent the law of diminishing returns
for planars. They do need a bit of tweaking though which can done with a graphic equalizer.

May 5, 2023 at 8:58 AM Post #1,349 of 1,450
I forgot to add, the pads I’m using are the accessory house perforated pads. These pads with the mayflower baffles make it less boomy.

The regular accessory house non perforated pads with the mayflower baffles do make it too boomy.

So for those who think it’s too boomy with the mayflower baffles, try perforated pads as they tame the bass a bit.

May 12, 2023 at 2:38 PM Post #1,350 of 1,450
In the last few months I’ve gone hard on the Argons. I’ve ordered both a Mk3 and a T60. I love the Mk3 and probably didn’t need the T60 but curiosity got the best of me and they finally arrived yesterday with Xenon Suede pads. They sounded a little hollow to me at first out of the box on my Fiio M11 Plus running balanced but I have had like 10 mins total with them on my head. Looking forward to the weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back