Fostex T60RP
Dec 24, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #811 of 1,450
I wonder why nobody provide the Wikipedia link here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll. I really love their explanation:
"[...] a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community(such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses[2] and normalizing tangential discussion,[3] whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain".

Reading a wiki and people take them lightly.

These online trolls have caused mental breakdowns, built armies and have caused many many deaths.

You cannot see them, smell them, hear them just like BIG BROTHER

Matrix is real homie :D

Dec 24, 2018 at 9:45 AM Post #812 of 1,450
My friend (where my T60RP got to) told me, after listening to the above song, that there's some rattle in one ear. He's not sure if it's the cans or his...cellphone. I'll probably give'em a in-depth check in January, when I'll get them. However, I'm a bit concerned anyway.

Dec 24, 2018 at 9:47 AM Post #813 of 1,450
Reading a wiki and people take them lightly.

These online trolls have caused mental breakdowns, built armies and have caused many many deaths.

You cannot see them, smell them, hear them just like BIG BROTHER

Matrix is real homie :D

You're scarring me, I just finished playing Plants vs. Zombies with my son...on speakers and with subwoofer ON. :)

Dec 24, 2018 at 9:58 AM Post #814 of 1,450
I'm gonna drop a mini black pill here. Not gonna be a dissertation format. Aiight?

This is not my theory per se, so i take no credit if you go "WHOA!" mind blown, but i will take responsibility if this makes your IQ drop from improperly understanding the theory myself.

Essentially for the first time in history, there will be a massive group of humans with a psycho'esque condition in which they exist in a different dimension psychologically. Reality and Virtual Reality.
Someone who is 50+ years old like my parents are sort of based 80/20; in the context of reality/virtual reality existence in that they kind of vacation in virtual reality but exist in reality reality.
Then you have people who exist kind of like 50/50
Trolls are 20/80, in that they vacation is reality reality but their mind rests in the virtual reality. They have bodies , and can respond in reality if you bump into them, but they essentially exist more in virtual space, and you would communicate better with them in the virtual plane, but you would become disadvantaged there b/c that is their element.
E.G My mom got trolled, and didn't understand why people didn't understand her "positivity" rants online or the fact Will Smith wasn't really responding to her.
The problem is the wars exist in the virtual reality, and you will have a massive chunk of the population with PhDs on the virtual plane and only high school education on the reality plane.
The real dangers are those with Masters on the virtual plane, and a Masters in reality or even worse a PhD from Harvard and a virtual PhD from reddit/ 4 Chan esque places.

Essentially the old saying out with the old and in with the new... blood, but this new blood will provide some of the most dangerous advanced humans (with alien like minds; alien in the context they exist psychologically in the virtual planet)
So trolls are extremely extremely dangerous mystical creatures and are no joke. They know they can be godlike and destroy lives/minds... literally as in ... they can cause death.

Be aware, get ya education in both dimensions yall

giphy.gif

and if you're a low IQ in reaality and online like myself, then essentially you are doomed!

No jk read some books, and also watch youtube religiously

Thanks a lot, for the exemplary explanation, I recently had such an encounter and felt sorry and sad, your explanation removed my stress from it...
I am 66 with an M.Sc in one discipline and a PhD in another...like your mom the ideal victim of trolling...

Dec 24, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #815 of 1,450
I downloaded the file and analyzed it with the "Audacity" software. It is the worst case of "loudness war" compression I have ever seen.
Both channels are continuously on the RED on the peak VU meters.. The left channel in particular is maxed out all the time with the
exception of the passages that are quite.
In addition there are quite a few heavily distorted points some continuous and some just momentarily.
However none of my 6 T2/5/6 pairs are rattling even though they are all at the verge of doing so.

Ether C F Flow and my HiFiman's with their thin hollow sound managed OK.
Th-900 though was bothered.

Therefore the pair that rattles must be returned for repair/replacement.

If you are going to listen to such files you will eventually cause a failure.

And if you are listening to such files no wonder you will find that the bass of the T60 is uncontrolled and muddying the mids,
(there are no mids in this file left out to muddy up)
I am stomped with work otherwise I would post pics of the file and of another one that is not a "Loudness War" compressed to hell
just so that you see the difference.

I will post pics first chance I get.

Another track that causes rumble issues is "Birds of a Feather, We Rock Together" by Vulfpeck

Dec 24, 2018 at 10:25 AM Post #816 of 1,450
I wonder why nobody provide the Wikipedia link here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll. I really love their explanation:
"[...] a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community(such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses[2] and normalizing tangential discussion,[3] whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain".

succinct yet articulate definition, thanks

Dec 24, 2018 at 10:28 AM Post #817 of 1,450
Another track that causes rumble issues is "Birds of a Feather, We Rock Together" by Vulfpeck

give me some time and I will take a look at it...

just listened to it on the t50, no problems,
perhaps some very mild screeching towards the end,
nothing to worry about no need to analyze

but if you get a rumble on this you definitely must send back for repair/replacement

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #818 of 1,450
give me some time and I will take a look at it...

And, to be clear, I'm a recording engineer myself and fully aware of how compression works. I'm not a fan of brickwall mastering, but that's not the issue here. The issue is, obviously, that I have plenty of pairs of headphones that can handle tracks with heavy bass without completely crapping out at typical listening volume and a $300 pair of headphones should be able to handle tracks like that with ease. Or should they? Maybe Fostex would disagree...

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #819 of 1,450
Thanks a lot, for the exemplary explanation, I recently had such an encounter and felt sorry and sad, your explanation removed my stress from it...
I am 66 with an M.Sc in one discipline and a PhD in another...like your mom the ideal victim of trolling...

Since you are an academic, perhaps a viewpoint on this from another academic "at your level" might provide better insight.
Sam Vaknin (a self proclaimed schizoid/ Narcissitic Personality Disorder (NPD)), did a 1 hour video on youtube on this specific phenomenon.
I think it was called: The toxicity of social media. Which sounds like a common sense lecture, but it isn't.
It explains trolls and the "new breed" of humans who most likely have some sort of schizoid/ NPD dominant condition.

Relating to music, so i can make this post relevant, is Daniel Hernandez aka Tekashi 69 who is a genius online troll and basically was the hottest artist in the world and now the FBI has him. Ongoing case. Not sure if you follow him.
giphy.gif

so those are two character studies of trolls. Both genius btw, just one is a troll in reality, the other online, but both influence both worlds.

I'm not a fan of his music... just saying...

*** this one... ***

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2018 at 3:02 PM Post #820 of 1,450
And, to be clear, I'm a recording engineer myself and fully aware of how compression works. I'm not a fan of brick-wall mastering, but that's not the issue here. The issue is, obviously, that I have plenty of pairs of headphones that can handle tracks with heavy bass without completely crapping out at typical listening volume and a $300 pair of headphones should be able to handle tracks like that with ease. Or should they? Maybe Fostex would disagree...

As I said all six pairs of RP's passed with max volume both on input and output, but the driver is very small compared to M1060, LCD-2, HFM-1000, Ether C, which are better suited for this kind, Grados (MS PRO, RX-1) would be fried out on the first try even if the file was OK and only the 100% limiter in place. Even the TH-900's, did not like it. Your pair is DOA it rambles even on the 2nd song that is quiet. I never implied that they would not handle it instead even before I heard the 2nd song I said you had a deflective driver. Fostex is very reliable. However this new driver lets call it MK4 that is now also used (modified) on the T2/4/5 series as well, may be less reliable at this initial phase of production.

I skimmed through the previous posts fast and I was under the impression the issue was related to diagnosis, not capability.
Yes, this pair is optimized for regular instruments, and vocals, and no brick wall kind of mastering. The moment you increase
the size of the driver to achieve thunderous deep bass you loose focus and clarity and the natural timbre of acoustic instruments.
I am listening loud in fact I am driving it with 10+ Watts RMS per channel into 50 Ohms using the Crown 1002 XTi 2, 275 Watts RMS into 8 ohms pro power amp.

As I tried to go back and see the related posts I noticed that your reply was immediately before my editing that added the following statement to avoid any misunderstanding

@Exiled et. all (you = you all) not for you only, do not be offended any of you,
it is not the song, not the genre of music, just the file you uploaded I am talking about.

sorry I never meant to be disrespectful, but you just happened to read my post just before I had a chance to edit it to clarify that my intent was only to advise you to utilize your warranty option and not judge you on your preference of music, genres, or listening volume level.

Dec 24, 2018 at 8:25 PM Post #822 of 1,450
I'm gonna drop a mini black pill here. Not gonna be a dissertation format. Aiight?

This is not my theory per se, so i take no credit if you go "WHOA!" mind blown, but i will take responsibility if this makes your IQ drop from improperly understanding the theory myself.

Essentially for the first time in history, there will be a massive group of humans with a psycho'esque condition in which they exist in a different dimension psychologically. Reality and Virtual Reality.
Someone who is 50+ years old like my parents are sort of based 80/20; in the context of reality/virtual reality existence in that they kind of vacation in virtual reality but exist in reality reality.
Then you have people who exist kind of like 50/50
Trolls are 20/80, in that they vacation is reality reality but their mind rests in the virtual reality. They have bodies , and can respond in reality if you bump into them, but they essentially exist more in virtual space, and you would communicate better with them in the virtual plane, but you would become disadvantaged there b/c that is their element.
E.G My mom got trolled, and didn't understand why people didn't understand her "positivity" rants online or the fact Will Smith wasn't really responding to her.
The problem is the wars exist in the virtual reality, and you will have a massive chunk of the population with PhDs on the virtual plane and only high school education on the reality plane.
The real dangers are those with Masters on the virtual plane, and a Masters in reality or even worse a PhD from Harvard and a virtual PhD from reddit/ 4 Chan esque places.

Essentially the old saying out with the old and in with the new... blood, but this new blood will provide some of the most dangerous advanced humans (with alien like minds; alien in the context they exist psychologically in the virtual planet)
So trolls are extremely extremely dangerous mystical creatures and are no joke. They know they can be godlike and destroy lives/minds... literally as in ... they can cause death.

Be aware, get ya education in both dimensions yall

giphy.gif

and if you're a low IQ in reality and online like myself, then essentially you are doomed!

No jk read some books, and also watch youtube religiously

I really do not understand you, I never understood the movie Matrix ( I need to see it again because I was pre-occupied with a serious personal problem at the time ), my IQ is a "cross verified" 93. I did however really, and I mean really, enjoyed your Sam Vaknin interview post which I just finished watching and I am going to watch it again and make a diagram of the multitude of interrelated issues and questions that are brought up. Obviously I tend to agree with the majority of his ideas but there are a few things I was surprised to see his is either not aware off or I may be misinformed by my son his wife and their friends. I was also surprised to see that there was no attempt to state his beliefs (things that are axioms and cannot be proved) or make any predictions based on them (maybe he was safeguarding himself). I do not understand what you are asking me to tell you in your second post. I am a low IQ engineer that somehow managed to succeed highly, despite it and my 84% disability due to bipolar disorder and after I finished my engineering carrier, I became a professor, engaged in philanthropy and realized I should have majored in history and philosophy and I am know wondering about the things that Einstein and Tesla said that that there were certain things nobody could prove that they were 100% sure off and were proven right in the future and this has occurred many times in my life and saved my a** given my low IQ. I have seen this in a few other people but not in most. But I also have seen that it can be taught to a significant number of people. I also believe that in the end the old fashioned good will prevail and this is one of my beliefs I am 100% sure off. If you care to ask me a question in a straightforward rather than allegoric way (so I can understand it) I would be glad to tell you my opinion. We may have to do this in another thread as it is off topic or through private message. Once again I really enjoyed your posts and look forward to see more like them.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2018 at 8:59 PM Post #823 of 1,450
I really do not understand you, I never understood the movie Matrix ( I need to see it again because I was pre-occupied with a serious personal problem at the time ), my IQ is a "cross verified" 93. I did however really, and I mean really, enjoyed your Sam Vaknin interview post which I just finished watching and I am going to watch it again and make a diagram of the multitude of interrelated issues and questions that are brought up. Obviously I tend to agree with the majority of his ideas but there are a few things I was surprised to see his is either not aware off or I may be misinformed by my son his wife and their friends. I was also surprised to see that there was no attempt to state his beliefs (things that are axioms and cannot be proved) or make any predictions based on them (maybe he was safeguarding himself). I do not understand what you are asking me to tell you in your second post. I am a low IQ engineer that somehow managed to succeed highly, despite it and my 84% disability due to bipolar disorder and after I finished my engineering carrier, I became a professor, engaged in philanthropy and realized I should have majored in history and philosophy and I am know wondering about the things that Einstein and Tesla said that that there were certain things nobody could prove that they were 100% sure off and were proven right in the future and this has occurred many times in my life and saved my a** given my low IQ. I have seen this in a few other people but not in most. But I also have seen that it can be taught to a significant number of people. I also believe that in the end the old fashioned good will prevail and this is one of my beliefs I am 100% sure off. If you care to ask me a question in a straightforward rather than allegoric way (so I can understand it) I would be glad to tell you my opinion. We may have to do this in another thread as it is off topic or through private message. Once again I really enjoyed your posts and look forward to see more like them.

Just like the headphone journey in trying to figure out what is neutral; learning about "trolls" is also complicated. I'm still a student myself learning about his theory of this "new breed" of humans.

If you have any questions, you can PM headphone or matrix related lol

I'm a bit shocked how you managed to get a M.Sc and PhD with low IQ.

but yeah back to the headphones business now ... :D

Whoa, you've been a member since 01? Mind Blown

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2018 at 1:37 AM Post #824 of 1,450
[...] Even the TH-900's, did not like it. Your pair is DOA it rambles even on the 2nd song that is quiet.[...]

Just realized you do own TH-900 and wondering a compare vs. T50RPmk3. Based on Tyll's measurements I see that TH-900 has an almost ideal freq. response on 30Hz, so bass should sound about perfect, but still...the lowest couple of octaves are somehow increased in amplitude, so I guess a bit of EQ-ing to notch'em down few dBs might provide a more neutral sound. Instead, T50RPmk3 is more flat, but bass square-wave are completely inaccurate at 30Hz; even in "real-life" if we do listen to sine-waves and not to square-waves, these measurements should tell us something about the impulse response for the low-end band, so definitely the bass on the TH900 should sound better and closer to reality than T50RPmk3, but looking further for your thoughts. Thank you!

Dec 25, 2018 at 2:36 AM Post #825 of 1,450
I had 2 rattle cases before. One was caused by the mayflower ring (I diy these rings by a mouse pad). Becasue the size of rings I cut not a good fit to sit tough on the baffle. When a deep heavy bass cause the baffle rumble, the rings follow the rumble and clap the baffle suface to caused the rattle. I used a double size tape between the rings and baffle solved the problem.

Another case was similar but not the rings, the cords. Especially the left cup have 4 cords inside (right cup have 2). If one of the cord get in touch with the driver, or baffle. It may rumble and clap. Maybe it is the case you guys have the rattle on left most.
Open the cup and place a very thin layer of cotton between the cords and driver to separate them may solve the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back