Fostex T60RP
Dec 21, 2018 at 7:17 PM Post #796 of 1,450
Okay, just want to let you know which track I was listening to: it was Run The Jewels - Run The Jewels (from their self titled album, track 1) toward the end of the track, about 3/4 of the way through when you hear just the beat in the background. Those hard bass hits were causing the left ear cup to rumble at normal listening volume. I tried multiple different pairs of headphones and this didn't happen with any other pairs.
Try something like this:

Just listen to that rattle.

Every pair of Fostex I've ever had have had this damn issue. It's bad QC plain and simple.

Dec 21, 2018 at 7:20 PM Post #798 of 1,450
Were you able to get the pairs fixed through RMA?
I didn't get around to calling Fostex this week, but I will.

I did contact Modhouse re: my Argon Mk IIIs, which rattle *horribly*. I don't want to bad mouth them though, because they offered immediately to fix it for free. I just hope they're actually able to do so; this issue seems really pervasive, and sometimes difficult to resolve.

Dec 22, 2018 at 2:52 AM Post #799 of 1,450
Hey guys, new member here.

I've had two pairs of the T50RP MkIII... I absolutely love them and I think the balance on the T50 is my ideal headphone.

When the T60RP was announced, I was ecstatic. I love the aesthetics and the fact that the wood is real amazes me. They are even better in person, believe me.

When I received my T60, I was relieved when I first listened to them because there actually was a decent amount of bass! I was worried by the comments on here of people saying that they were lacking in that department... which really makes no sense to me after hearing them. I do understand why people would say that the treble seems a bit sharp. I find the treble fatiguing with certain recordings. Gonna order the Schiit Loki and see if that does anything for me.

Overall, though, they seem to have a great balance and I'm super happy with them.

Except... I went to play some Run The Jewels, I noticed that dreaded rumble in the left ear cup... $300 pair of headphones and there's a rumble. Unacceptable in my book. So, I contacted Fostex and will see what they have to say, whether I should send them in for an exchange from Adorama or send them into Fostex for an RMA.

This has happened to me before with a pair of the T50 and those are currently in the early process of an RMA...

I love these headphones when they're working properly. Currently, I have only one pair of Fostex that is working fine, which is a pair of T50RP MkIII... Looks like the T60 will be leaving me soon, as soon as I hear back from Fostex on the issue. To be continued...

You can try taking off the left earpad and reseating the baffle foam. I just got a new pair that had a tiny rattle sound in the right ear and reseating the foam fixed it. Now its perfectly rattle free at any tone.

The foam comes unseated really easily, so I guess its a common issue.

You can use http://www.szynalski.com/tone-generator/ to generate tones. The rattling will likely occur below 50hz, so that will save you from listening to the Jewels over and over again lol.

I have also received a pair that has no creaking whatsoever, so they do exist! Huzzah! Still must not be too many of these out there as my serial number is below 900 still.

Dec 22, 2018 at 2:55 AM Post #800 of 1,450
You can try taking off the left earpad and reseating the baffle foam. I just got a new pair that had a tiny rattle sound in the right ear and reseating the foam fixed it. Now its perfectly rattle free at any tone.

The foam comes unseated really easily, so I guess its a common issue.

You can use http://www.szynalski.com/tone-generator/ to generate tones. The rattling will likely occur below 50hz, so that will save you from listening to the Jewels over and over again lol.

I have also received a pair that has no creaking whatsoever, so they do exist! Huzzah! Still must not be too many of these out there as my serial number is below 900 still.
For some reason, with the tone generators, I've had trouble recreating the issue... RTJ is cursed I guess!
I did try disassembling the left earcup to make sure everything is seated in there correctly and everything seemed fine.
My serial is 796

Dec 24, 2018 at 1:54 AM Post #802 of 1,450
"Saturday, 22 December, 7:05 PM
Parcel arrived at a carrier facility
Hub 4 - Hinckley, Package has shipped"

Hope my friend, where I did the shipping to, will be able to find a way to ship the T60RP to my home address on January, next year. However, even if I'll be missing this Christmas present these days, Santa was good with me this year (worth mentioning Burson CV2+ and XBOX One S + Kinect + lot of games). :)

Dec 24, 2018 at 7:17 AM Post #805 of 1,450
Can someone please explain to me in as much detail as possible the meaning of the word "troll" or troller as used frequently in a forum like ours?

someone who just posts negative comments over and over

With the sole purpose and intent to make anyone other than themselves as annoyed and angry as possible for entertainment purposes.

Dec 24, 2018 at 7:54 AM Post #806 of 1,450
Can you reverse the channels by software? Let's "see" if the issue happens after switching the channels from jRiver/Foobar.
Most of the rumble happens in the left channel even with the channels switched. I do have a pair of T50RP that are 100% perfect that have no rumble and those sound great even when the volume is cranked. The T60 and other T50 that I have both have the rumble issue in the left ear cup. I also noticed that the T60 will get rumble in the right ear in certain passages. Bummer.

Dec 24, 2018 at 9:12 AM Post #808 of 1,450
Can someone please explain to me in as much detail as possible the meaning of the word "troll" or troller as used frequently in a forum like ours?

I'm gonna drop a mini black pill here. Not gonna be a dissertation format. Aiight?

This is not my theory per se, so i take no credit if you go "WHOA!" mind blown, but i will take responsibility if this makes your IQ drop from improperly understanding the theory myself.

Essentially for the first time in history, there will be a massive group of humans with a psycho'esque condition in which they exist in a different dimension psychologically. Reality and Virtual Reality.
Someone who is 50+ years old like my parents are sort of based 80/20; in the context of reality/virtual reality existence in that they kind of vacation in virtual reality but exist in reality reality.
Then you have people who exist kind of like 50/50
Trolls are 20/80, in that they vacation is reality reality but their mind rests in the virtual reality. They have bodies , and can respond in reality if you bump into them, but they essentially exist more in virtual space, and you would communicate better with them in the virtual plane, but you would become disadvantaged there b/c that is their element.
E.G My mom got trolled, and didn't understand why people didn't understand her "positivity" rants online or the fact Will Smith wasn't really responding to her.
The problem is the wars exist in the virtual reality, and you will have a massive chunk of the population with PhDs on the virtual plane and only high school education on the reality plane.
The real dangers are those with Masters on the virtual plane, and a Masters in reality or even worse a PhD from Harvard and a virtual PhD from reddit/ 4 Chan esque places.

Essentially the old saying out with the old and in with the new... blood, but this new blood will provide some of the most dangerous advanced humans (with alien like minds; alien in the context they exist psychologically in the virtual planet)
So trolls are extremely extremely dangerous mystical creatures and are no joke. They know they can be godlike and destroy lives/minds... literally as in ... they can cause death.

Be aware, get ya education in both dimensions yall

giphy.gif

and if you're a low IQ in reaality and online like myself, then essentially you are doomed!

No jk read some books, and also watch youtube religiously

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2018 at 9:32 AM Post #809 of 1,450
@Exiled et. all (you = you all) not for you only, do not be offended any of you,
it is not the song, not the genre of music, just the file you uploaded I am talking about.

I downloaded the file and analyzed it with the "Audacity" software. It is the worst case of "loudness war" compression I have ever seen.
Both channels are continuously on the RED on the peak VU meters.. The left channel in particular is maxed out all the time with the
exception of the passages that are quite.
In addition there are quite a few heavily distorted points some continuous and some just momentarily.
However none of my 6 T2/5/6 pairs are rattling even though they are all at the verge of doing so.

Ether C F Flow and my HiFiman's with their thin hollow sound managed OK.
Th-900 though was bothered.

Therefore the pair that rattles must be returned for repair/replacement.

If you are going to listen to such files you will eventually cause a failure.

And if you are listening to such files no wonder you will find that the bass of the T60 is uncontrolled and muddying the mids,
(there are no mids in this file left out to muddy up)
I am stomped with work otherwise I would post pics of the file and of another one that is not a "Loudness War" compressed to hell
just so that you see the difference.

I will post pics first chance I get.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2018 at 9:34 AM Post #810 of 1,450

I wonder why nobody provide the Wikipedia link here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll. I really love their explanation:
"[...] a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community(such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses[2] and normalizing tangential discussion,[3] whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back