Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3
Jul 9, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #1,321 of 2,017
  Just received my zmf pilot pad. Worth every penny!

Sweet! I looked at that one and the MrSpeakers Leather Comfort Strap and opted for the Comfort Strap. Should be getting it next week. 
Cheers and enjoy!

Jul 10, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #1,322 of 2,017
Well, I tried taking my pair apart and remove every mod except the newplast and Im still not getting the rattle I had stock. Maybe there are several parts that can cause the problem. I did try out some other minor mods though, 2-ply toilet paper behind the foam ring and I also made those indents in the newplast that was mentioned earlier. The only problem I've had with the T50RP sound is the treble, sometimes I think its a little bit sharp and slightly artifical, for reference I think the HD600s treble is pretty much perfect. With the TP behind the foam ring the treble is much better to my ears, sounds a lot more natural. Really diggin the sound at the moment, pretty drastic difference from stock actually.

Jul 10, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #1,323 of 2,017
I just picked up a pair, and there is a slight rattle at a lot of bass with the stock pads but almost none i can sense with shure zeos hype pads.

Any simple fixes for the rattle ? I like the stock pads too

Jul 10, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #1,327 of 2,017
I don't believe that Fostex have that kind of attitude. Why's the post so expensive from Bangladesh? They sent the headphone there.

Try tightening the driver screws a little.
no man i was kidding about fostex. Im sure they are as chill.

And im not sure. Sending them out would cost me 100 usd and i would have to pay like 150 in taces when they are back as import. Crazy here.

Jul 11, 2016 at 10:27 PM Post #1,329 of 2,017
HD598se versus T50RPmk3 soundstage.

Hey all who also have a HD598... I was doing some back and forth and wanted to see if my ears were kind of on the same ballpark with most of you..
OK I am finding the soundstage on the Mark3's to be about only 30 percent compared to the HD598. (which is fine with me as they are different)
Thoughts?

Jul 12, 2016 at 2:06 AM Post #1,330 of 2,017
HD598se versus T50RPmk3 soundstage.

Hey all who also have a HD598... I was doing some back and forth and wanted to see if my ears were kind of on the same ballpark with most of you..

OK I am finding the soundstage on the Mark3's to be about only 30 percent compared to the HD598. (which is fine with me as they are different)

Thoughts?
wow what ? 30 percent ?
I have onle listened to the t50s for hours but i think they were a intimate but in a good good way. Does the 598 have an amazing stage ?

Jul 13, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #1,333 of 2,017
I will not be getting mine.
Apparently you were supposed to cut out the UPC and send that together with the other paperwork.
I sent a copy of it, and threw away the original box 
frown.gif

So careful to not make the same mistake, because instructions are not really clear IMHO (maybe intentionally).

Jul 13, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #1,335 of 2,017

I'm in the same boat.  Keep checking the mail every day.

My rebate submitted back in Apr16 finally came, took 10 weeks even though AM&S says 4-6 weeks.  I wrote them @ the 8 week point and they took a week to answer and said my check was in the mail.  

Since then I have learned they are administering the rebate through RapidRebates in AZ; you can use this link to check on your rebate.

Meanwhile I have used my $50 to get some single malt, and and some softer Brainwavz Hybrid Memory Pads that were on sale on Amazon's Prime Day :)

I'm ready for some listening pleasure from my T50RP mk3's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back