Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3
Jul 13, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #1,336 of 2,017
  I will not be getting mine.
Apparently you were supposed to cut out the UPC and send that together with the other paperwork.
I sent a copy of it, and threw away the original box 
frown.gif

So careful to not make the same mistake, because instructions are not really clear IMHO (maybe intentionally).

Sorry to hear.  The actual UPC is the main proof of purchase w/many rebates.

I've done many rebates and the rebate form is always worth reading in detail as they will use every excuse to deny the rebate.  

I noticed this one required an actual SIGNATURE as well which is another easy out for them if you forget to sign.

I have even had a rebate that required you to print, cut out, and use their address label as a requirement.

The nice thing about the Fostex Tx0RP mk3 rebate was that it made me buy a set of headphones that I would not otherwise have purchased.

Now after experiencing my T50RP mk3's I would gladly pay list price for them....in fact I think they are likely the best sounding Planar HP's under $500.

Jul 13, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #1,338 of 2,017
I already have T50RP Mark III's but today during lunch picked up T40RP's....because $109 @ local Guitar Center...and then with $50 rebate....well that makes them CHEAP! Already liking the 40's over the 50's so am about 99% certain I will be letting go of the T50RP's...

From everything I have read the only difference between models is the material over the lower vent hole.  So one could easily make any of the models into the others by changing it.  Scroll down to the lower pictures in this Innerfidelity review.

I would not be surprised if Fostex would make a slider in the next version so the user could easily adjust the sound signature to the desired levels.

Jul 13, 2016 at 10:32 PM Post #1,339 of 2,017
Hey guys I love my Fostex T20RP Mark 3's...

I currently have the Shure Alcantara pads on them, and I was wondering if the ZMF Lambskin or Cowhide or Protein would be an upgrade for them?  I absolutely love them, but if I can make them better... then gg ears :)

Jul 13, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #1,340 of 2,017

I currently have the Shure Alcantara pads on them, and I was wondering if the ZMF Lambskin or Cowhide or Protein would be an upgrade for them?  I absolutely love them, but if I can make them better... then gg ears :)

Don't know, but have you seen this:

https://youtu.be/SpRCK6CVdis

Jul 14, 2016 at 1:22 AM Post #1,341 of 2,017
Don't know, but have you seen this:

https://youtu.be/SpRCK6CVdis

Thanks, I will try those 1840 pads, I am using the 1540 which are for closed cans, the 1840 pads are for open. So I will order the 1840 and see if that makes it any better.

I love it the way it is, so either way I am good, I was just wondering, thanks :)

Jul 14, 2016 at 3:31 AM Post #1,342 of 2,017

I bought the zmf lamb angled pads and I went back to the original pads.
The zmf pads add  a bump in the bass and trebles at the wrong frequencies for me. The sound was muddy and shrill at the same time.

Jul 14, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #1,343 of 2,017
Hi all, I know everyone or rather a lot of us want to have different ear pads.
But consider for a moment as one other poster did as well... of trying out one of the headband straps offered by a few modding companies.

From what I know.. there is the ModHouse Audio Deerskin Suspension Strap and the MrSpeakers Leather Comfort Head-Strap which I ordered direct from the website (cheaper price than Amazon)! 

Great and comfortable, real leather, and now I am even happier with the stock ear pads.
For others considering ear pads, give one of these head band comfort straps a try first before getting pads and/or to compliment your ear pads! 

Just my humble opinion!

Jul 14, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #1,344 of 2,017
  Hi all, I know everyone or rather a lot of us want to have different ear pads.
But consider for a moment as one other poster did as well... of trying out one of the headband straps offered by a few modding companies.

From what I know.. there is the ModHouse Audio Deerskin Suspension Strap and the MrSpeakers Leather Comfort Head-Strap which I ordered direct from the website (cheaper price than Amazon)! 

Great and comfortable, real leather, and now I am even happier with the stock ear pads.
For others considering ear pads, give one of these head band comfort straps a try first before getting pads and/or to compliment your ear pads! 

Just my humble opinion!

I never thought of that, good idea. Only 15 bucks... I think I will try that out :)

Jul 17, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #1,345 of 2,017
So I have modded my mk3 with Shure Alcantara pads, some cotton stuffing, filled baffles with clay, and stuck some acoustic foam in the back of the earcup. The sound seems a bit cleaner and the earpads are comfortable. However, there is a bit of harshness or digital quality to the sound.I noticed this especially with violin pieces because it makes them sound too harsh. Is this because the treble is too much or is that just the sound quality? I noticed the same issue before all the modding.

Edit: Alright, it is partly the treble. I did a quick and dirty fix of sticking some ahdesive felt over the drivers on the ear side and it's a lot better.

Jul 17, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #1,346 of 2,017
Where to post mods and diy for the Mark 3 series...?

Hey all! Since there is already a thread on Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements... should I post any mod questions for the new Mark 3 series there? Or here on this thread?

Sorry, it may seem obvious but just wanted to see what everyone thought on this. I have some mod questions but don't want to double post on both threads.

Thoughts?

Jul 19, 2016 at 6:05 AM Post #1,347 of 2,017
Folks, please do not call me lazy (altough I am :)) but could someone point me to comparison between T50RP/T40RP and T20RP please. 

I had quick listen (I was in rush when visited the shop) of 40 and 50. I fell in love in both, but need make quick decision - which ones would have better bass? I'm a bit (just a bit) of a basshead, and I felt T40 had it a bit stronger, but like mentioned above I had both phones on my ears for less than few minutes.

Many thanks

Jul 19, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #1,348 of 2,017
Folks, please do not call me lazy (altough I am :)) but could someone point me to comparison between T50RP/T40RP and T20RP please. 

I had quick listen (I was in rush when visited the shop) of 40 and 50. I fell in love in both, but need make quick decision - which ones would have better bass? I'm a bit (just a bit) of a basshead, and I felt T40 had it a bit stronger, but like mentioned above I had both phones on my ears for less than few minutes.

Many thanks

T40(closed) - Mids and highs are emphasized
T50(semi-open) - flat
T20(open) - Bass is deep and overall has a warm sound sig

Jul 19, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #1,350 of 2,017
Hey guys I got myself a T40RP MK3 on sale at my local AV place. I have a gift card I plan to use for some replacement ear pads but not sure which to get. I was wondering if anyone can confirm if any of these would fit or not.

Beyerdynamic EDT 770 S
Beyerdynamic EDT 990 VB
Audio Technica HP-EP M-Series
Shure HPAEC440
Shure HPAEC840
Shure HPAEC240

I know there are plenty of other options, maybe better than these but those are my only options. Any comments on which you suggest would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back