Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3
Mar 13, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #692 of 2,017
Everybody seems to dislike pads with more driver distance than the original pads. With the brainwavz angled pleather i get more soundstage and a better stereo image due to their angled nature. Yes, the mids get a bit quieter but also gain more air and transparency to my ears. I also hear an improvement in bass in sounding fuller. Anyone else who prefers more distance to the drivers? 

Thanks c61746961. I will keep that in mind. With the angled pads the bass already got reduced a tiny bit so i think i am satisfied with the sound as of now.

Mar 13, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #696 of 2,017
Anyone know where the best deal on T50 Mk3 is in USA at the moment ? Sonicelectronixs was about $129 shipped about best I have found so far with coupon...
Going to update my set asap and see what all the fuss is about with the new driver...
basshead.gif

Mar 14, 2016 at 7:42 AM Post #698 of 2,017

Going to update my set asap and see what all the fuss is about with the new driver...
basshead.gif

There is no new drivers, latest headphone revision is just tuned differently, nothing that you can't do by your own apart from new baffle. Some may even prefer mk2 as will be more suitable for them, depend what they want to achive with modding, comfort and/or sound wise.

Mar 15, 2016 at 1:36 AM Post #701 of 2,017
This guy describe quite accurately wthat is going on with deeper pads on stock mk3 and go along pretty well with my perception and findings :smile:

And sound demo

This guy cracks me up! He did great work on both of those videos. I have the MK3's and now I'm going to order those pads... My co-worker has the Shure 1540 so I've experienced those pads before on those phones... Good to know they're a match for the T50 RP Mk3.

Mar 15, 2016 at 3:39 AM Post #702 of 2,017
This guy cracks me up! He did great work on both of those videos. I have the MK3's and now I'm going to order those pads... My co-worker has the Shure 1540 so I've experienced those pads before on those phones... Good to know they're a match for the T50 RP Mk3.

I find the shure 1540 pads to add way to much bass so it gets uncontrolled and sound bad, so in order to use the pads you would have to dampen the cups to get a better result with them.

Mar 15, 2016 at 7:22 AM Post #703 of 2,017

So you experience 1540 pads on shure or fostex? If you mean fostex's, how much they change sound(bad or/and good)? what is your experience? Thanks for feedback.

Quote:
I find the shure 1540 pads to add way to much bass so it gets uncontrolled and sound bad, so in order to use the pads you would have to dampen the cups to get a better result with them.

Yeah, from video i'm still find they are a lot taller than default pads, even when they are squeezed on head. That alone sure must change some characteristic of sound and i'm not sure if for good. I'm not woried about bass (which can be treated a lot easier than other things), but other sound characteristics. But if they truly just add lows and don't change other characteristics too much, that is really good news.

Mar 15, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #704 of 2,017
So you experience 1540 pads on shure or fostex? If you mean fostex's, how much they change sound(bad or/and good)? what is your experience? Thanks for feedback.

Yeah, from video i'm still find they are a lot taller than default pads, even when they are squeezed on head. That alone sure must change some characteristic of sound and i'm not sure if for good. I'm not woried about bass (which can be treated a lot easier than other things), but other sound characteristics. But if they truly just add lows and don't change other characteristics too much, that is really good news.

The comfort of the shure 1540 is just phenomenal, I liked the mids and highs of the pads aswell it's just the bass that gets bloated and out of control so they a defiantly worth it if you plan on modding a bit inside the cups.

For now I have settled on the Lawton pads for my build with wooden cups this is a picture with the mk2 baffle that the mk3 is going to replace

mPTqPFc.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back