Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3
Mar 16, 2016 at 7:48 AM Post #707 of 2,017
Well...got the T50RP MK3's yesterday...very nice sound for $107.

I had bought the mod materials a few months back thinking I'd pick some MK2's up for cheap and have some fun; not sure I'll bother. Might upgrade the pads down the road but so they don't bother me and I like the sound as is!

Mar 16, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #708 of 2,017
Well...got the T50RP MK3's yesterday...very nice sound for $107.

I had bought the mod materials a few months back thinking I'd pick some MK2's up for cheap and have some fun; not sure I'll bother. Might upgrade the pads down the road but so they don't bother me and I like the sound as is!

Hi, where did you get that price ?

Mar 16, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #709 of 2,017
Musician's Friend they sent out a 20% email code...

Mar 17, 2016 at 3:46 AM Post #711 of 2,017
Hey, seen z review these on youtube earlier. Is my galaxy s6 with cayin amp going to drive these?

Im looking for a headphone that is going to make rock music such as bon jovi/kings of leon/whitesnake/mike and the mechanics etc sound godly. I want the soundstage and separation so that if I close my eyes i can picture the band playing for me personally. If these are not that experience, what is?? Im really struggling for that kind of headphone where the detail and sense of space/air can be felt almost. Im new to audio, happy to spend the money to get the experience I want.... However please dont crush me and tell me ye, I know the phones you want, the new top of the line stax lol, jk

Mar 17, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #712 of 2,017
Hey, seen z review these on youtube earlier. Is my galaxy s6 with cayin amp going to drive these?

Im looking for a headphone that is going to make rock music such as bon jovi/kings of leon/whitesnake/mike and the mechanics etc sound godly. I want the soundstage and separation so that if I close my eyes i can picture the band playing for me personally. If these are not that experience, what is?? Im really struggling for that kind of headphone where the detail and sense of space/air can be felt almost. Im new to audio, happy to spend the money to get the experience I want.... However please dont crush me and tell me ye, I know the phones you want, the new top of the line stax lol, jk

You've described the holy grail of headphones, that's what everyone likes. Fast clean accurate sound, with a flat response (that part depends on the person), transparent, wide open sound stage and good imaging. People will pay a lot of money to get that. He1000s are $3k, LCD 4 are $4k. Just for the cans heh

T50rps generally have a small sound stage of you compare them to other headphones. Unless we are talking cheap sonys or ear buds of course, which are generally bad all together

As for the S6, plugged directly in, my iPod classic CAN drive them, not very well but it's possible. My note edge did a better job, and I'm assuming my S7 here will be even better, haven't tried yet though

Given that you have a dedicated amp, you'll be fine. They are hard to drive, but not thhhaaattt hard.

T50rps are fast, and you can tune them how you like. Which make them good for rock and metal which need fast bass.

EDIT: Meant ipod not ipad

Mar 17, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #713 of 2,017
You've described the holy grail of headphones, that's what everyone likes. Fast clean accurate sound, with a flat response (that part depends on the person), transparent, wide open sound stage and good imaging. People will pay a lot of money to get that. He1000s are $3k, LCD 4 are $4k. Just for the cans heh

T50rps generally have a small sound stage of you compare them to other headphones. Unless we are talking cheap sonys or ear buds of course, which are generally bad all together

As for the S6, plugged directly in, my iPad classic CAN drive them, not very well but it's possible. My note edge did a better job, and I'm assuming my S7 here will be even better, haven't tried yet though

Given that you have a dedicated amp, you'll be fine. They are hard to drive, but not thhhaaattt hard.

T50rps are fast, and you can tune them how you like. Which make them good for rock and metal which need fast bass.

Lol ok fair enough, ive had a private message to say the audeze el8 will be along the lines that Im seeking. My current headphones are v moda crossfade wireless, psb m4u2 and awaiting on jvc sz1000. Now i want a headphone for my rock playlist. I want that separation and imaging. The closed back version has great reviews and sound like the kind of headphone im after. Im really going to have to go and listen to high end headphones with the mojo in a demo room i think?? If I could get the sort of sound im after I would pay upto £800 ish. Ive read great things about the grado sr325e, things that Im looking for. Do you have any suggestions? Cheers

Mar 18, 2016 at 9:17 AM Post #714 of 2,017
Lol ok fair enough, ive had a private message to say the audeze el8 will be along the lines that Im seeking. My current headphones are v moda crossfade wireless, psb m4u2 and awaiting on jvc sz1000. Now i want a headphone for my rock playlist. I want that separation and imaging. The closed back version has great reviews and sound like the kind of headphone im after. Im really going to have to go and listen to high end headphones with the mojo in a demo room i think?? If I could get the sort of sound im after I would pay upto £800 ish. Ive read great things about the grado sr325e, things that Im looking for. Do you have any suggestions? Cheers

How about the Sony MDR MA-900?

Cheers.

Mar 18, 2016 at 8:31 PM Post #715 of 2,017
I am interested in the T50RPmk3, but I'm slightly concerned whether or not my setup can properly drive them. I currently own an Audio GD NFB-12 DAC/AMP and a Fiio E7. So far the Audio GD has driven all headphones I own/owned or have tried or less than a quarter of it's max setting at the low Gain setting. They should be able to get some sound out of the Fostex but I'm not so sure about the little Fiio and I'd like to know whether or not I'll have the ability to use them on the go or not.

I'd also appreciate any recommendations for European stores where I can purchase these along with some mods, I'd like to get some replacement cables like the Vmodas and perhaps some ear pads and thank you in advance for any responses.

Mar 19, 2016 at 12:04 AM Post #719 of 2,017
My LG g3 drives these cans. They don't seem terribly hard to drive.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
my note 3 doesn't have the power to drive my t20rp's to satisfyingly high and impactful levels. I have two portable inexpensive headphone amps that cannot do it too. they will let you listen to the music but without the dynamics of well reproduced music.

Mar 19, 2016 at 12:39 AM Post #720 of 2,017
anything can drive any headphone, we should be concerned with an amp that can drive this headphone to its full potential. I plug my T50RP's into my notebook's jack, it drives it but is it sufficient ? I think not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back