Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3
Apr 19, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #32 of 2,017

Looking at measurements doesnt seem too big change.

Seems minor.
While were are playing Fishpond on the cost, my guess is $159

Think a light silver-grey would look better on the cables myself.
ph34r.gif

Apr 22, 2015 at 10:07 PM Post #37 of 2,017
  no driver updates mentioned.....that sucks.

Well they mentioned on FB "refined Regulated Phase Driver" so Im assuming its slightly different

On another note. Its interesting, confirmed they all use the same drivers, but T20s are full open, T40s are closed, and the 50s are Semi-open and DAMPED. Pre-modded from factory?

So on the T20s, are the top and bottom sets of baffles open?

I could see T20s being most popular, flexibility for modding (maybe the cheapest? sounds like they are going to be priced the same though)

Im already saving my pennies O.o

EDIT: Coming with a cable for mobile use? Kodos for thinking of everyone, but if the cans are going to act like current gen and you want to run them off your phone straight, you're going to have a bad time. But I guess you will need one anyways if you're going to run them off a porta-amp

Apr 23, 2015 at 1:02 AM Post #38 of 2,017
popcorn.gif

I want to know more about the drivers, but excited to get my hands on a pair. My wife stole my pair of Fostex T50RP cans, so I will be buying a pair once they hit Amazon.

Apr 23, 2015 at 2:11 AM Post #39 of 2,017
I don't think we will see any driver improvements. Even the TH500RP uses the old driver, only with a square removed from the damping paper (there are pictures, the driver even has the same part number).

Apr 23, 2015 at 4:50 AM Post #40 of 2,017
@senncreative, a portable cable for people to use off their phone will work perfectly fine. The impedance/resistance only rises after dampening has been applied to the driver, before that they are and act like 50 ohm headphones which will reach a decently loud level for most people. Now after some dampening you can bet that won't work well at all. My primary pair aft like the equivalent of 600 ohms, or possibly higher.

Apr 23, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #41 of 2,017
@senncreative, a portable cable for people to use off their phone will work perfectly fine. The impedance/resistance only rises after dampening has been applied to the driver, before that they are and act like 50 ohm headphones which will reach a decently loud level for most people. Now after some dampening you can bet that won't work well at all. My primary pair aft like the equivalent of 600 ohms, or possibly higher.

Yeah. Mine took a leap in impedance after I stuffed with cotton. Sounded great, however.

Apr 23, 2015 at 4:56 PM Post #42 of 2,017

Mine with some sort of DBV mods can reach more then loud enough even just of my iPod Classic. But they end up sounding dull and flat (flat in a bad way, not the good way) even if I plug my ipod straight into an an amp, I get a much better sound (obviously some of it has to do with the amp quality, iPod amps are sp bad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back