Fostex HP-A8 DAC/Amp and other Fostex gear
Feb 16, 2012 at 7:01 AM Post #77 of 479

Quote:
Hmm, never heard about the Signature Pro. Pretty expensive one as well I see, for a portable at least.
How does it perform vs. the AH-A100? I find that one to be a pretty decent portable phone as well, and certainly a beautiful little thing.

The Signature Pro is pretty much on the same level as the Edition 8 in all respects. The build quality is not as outwardly flashy, but in some ways it's even superior to the Edition 8. It's very rugged and would actually function well as a portable, unlike the Edition 8 which, despite being marketed as a portable and having tremendous isolation, is a bit delicate and fancy-looking for me to consider taking it around with me.

The Signature Pro pretty much outclasses the AH-A100 in ever respect. It's on the level of a flagship headphone imo, and the AH-A100 is not.

Feb 16, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #79 of 479

Quote:
The Signature Pro is pretty much on the same level as the Edition 8 in all respects. The build quality is not as outwardly flashy, but in some ways it's even superior to the Edition 8. It's very rugged and would actually function well as a portable, unlike the Edition 8 which, despite being marketed as a portable and having tremendous isolation, is a bit delicate and fancy-looking for me to consider taking it around with me.

The Signature Pro pretty much outclasses the AH-A100 in ever respect. It's on the level of a flagship headphone imo, and the AH-A100 is not.

yep and those oh so shiny cups are actually ruthenium 'plated' plastic, with glued on leather earpads. i was quite taken aback when i cracked them open to recable

Mar 21, 2012 at 2:02 AM Post #81 of 479
Nothing new? Amazon JP starts selling it and a Japanese customer gave it a high praise http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0078BEYJ2/ref=asc_df_B0078BEYJ2555032/. Unfortunately you need to do Google translation and read broken English.

May 2, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #83 of 479
Anyone?

May 5, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #84 of 479
Anyone? ;D

Do I need to order one myself... Maybe as a shower rig with my ATH-W1000X...

May 11, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #85 of 479
News (and a free post for me) from FostexInternational.com/

[size=2em] [size=1px !important][/size][size=1px !important][/size][size=1px !important][/size][size=1px !important][/size][size=1px !important][/size][size=1px !important][/size][size=1px !important][/size][size=1px !important][/size][size=1px !important][/size][/size]

HP-A8C to offer DSD playback from PC via USB

May 2012

Fostex is exhibiting a prototype sample of new version firmware for the 32bit DAC/Headphone Amp, model HP-A8C, at the upcoming “Headphone Festival Spring 2012” held at Stadium Place Aoyama in downtown Tokyo on May 12.

The HP-A8 has already accomplished the DSD audio (DSF file) direct stream playback via SD card loaded in its SD card slot. This time, the newly added feature is to enable playing back the DSD audio data from a personal computer via USB connection. The prototype exhibition uses a third party DSD playback software on a personal computer and transfers the audio data in DoP format.

The official implementation of this function will be announced in the near future.

Click on image(s) above for high resolution version(s)

(source: http://www.fostexinternational.com/docs/latest_news/EFFyVVEypVvrXCPdvc.shtml)

Jun 30, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #86 of 479
Can anyone confirm the voltages for the A8? Does it have mutli-voltage power supply or do I need a trasnformer to use it in the US?

Think of buying it from amazon.co.jp and use package forwarding service to get it here.

Jul 6, 2012 at 8:57 AM Post #87 of 479
Quote:
Does anyone have any actual impressions on this thing yet? 

Quote:
Nothing new? Amazon JP starts selling it and a Japanese customer gave it a high praise http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0078BEYJ2/ref=asc_df_B0078BEYJ2555032/. Unfortunately you need to do Google translation and read broken English.

Quote:
Does anyone have one of these yet?

Quote:

Quote:
Anyone? ;D

Do I need to order one myself... Maybe as a shower rig with my ATH-W1000X...

Quote:
Can anyone confirm the voltages for the A8? Does it have mutli-voltage power supply or do I need a trasnformer to use it in the US?

Think of buying it from amazon.co.jp and use package forwarding service to get it here.

Jude has one. He talks about it a little in his review of the AudioQuest Dragonfly

Jul 8, 2012 at 8:51 AM Post #88 of 479
Quote:

It's not mutli-voltage. Just got the 230V version!

Jul 9, 2012 at 2:55 AM Post #90 of 479

Users who are viewing this thread

Back