Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Apr 11, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #676 of 4,764
Actually it was Matthew that suggested to build it with that version to bring a little more of bass to the H6 sound profile. And I went for it!

Just received my new cable from Matthew, a custom Copper Series HPC Mk2 with the AWG 20 (extra bass) for my B&O H6.

Ordered it on 14th March and received it 3 weeks later which is awesome considering that we had the Easter vacation in between.

I was a bit aprehensive about how well it would fit the H6 connector, but it was a perfect fit!

As for the sound, I will give it some time for the cable to break in, but so far so good!

Thanks Matthew for the great job!

Some pictures of them:

13694357a40591bda199b8e3233b7f1b.jpg

70e5afd62a516732ce0c5a0124d6e7fa.jpg

Apr 12, 2015 at 7:18 AM Post #678 of 4,764
Got a package in the mail today and to my excitement it was the cables I ordered from Forza! It had a mention of this site so figured I would join up and give a thumbs up!

They make some very quality cables!

I'm using their USB cable and man are they classy and sturdy

Apr 12, 2015 at 7:29 AM Post #679 of 4,764
Got a package in the mail today and to my excitement it was the cables I ordered from Forza! It had a mention of this site so figured I would join up and give a thumbs up!

They make some very quality cables!

What's with the gun?

Apr 12, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #682 of 4,764
Apr 16, 2015 at 1:08 AM Post #685 of 4,764
I'm very impressed by how professional Forza's cables and connectors look.  Having Head-Fi as a resource is extremely helpful to me.  Franatic's post in particular illustrating a custom-made Forzia USB Female B to Female A adapter, really caught my eye as something I wanted for connecting my Gemini cable to my micro iDSD.  Franatic was very friendly and happy to fill me in on cost and his satisfaction of replacing the stock adapter with a high-grade model. 

It's taking a while, but Matthew finally emailed me back.  Apparently the package was sent but never tracked nor arrived so he is resending. 

I apologize for anyone annoyed with me airing my concerns on this thread. 

Apr 16, 2015 at 2:32 AM Post #686 of 4,764
I had just got home and put it on the counter top. Then moved it aside to take the pic after finally being able to mess with the new cables.
biggrin.gif

HAHAHA! Love it!

Nice Glock!  Looks like maybe that's a G29?  Very nice Trijicon Sights you've got on there too.  I've been partial to a vintage M1911A1 but I tried my buddy's Glock G19 recently and was really impressed.  The Colt may need to make room for a more modern companion. 

Apr 16, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #687 of 4,764
Close! It's the 26. All but one of my hand guns are 9mm. Try to keep things simple and 9mm is my preferred cartridge. Though I have been talking myself out of buying a M45A1 a lot here lately. If you haven't seen that then definitely check it out. Its not vintage but man is it the nicest 1911 I have ever fired.

Apr 16, 2015 at 11:40 PM Post #688 of 4,764
I was going to guess the G26 next.  The "Pocket Glock" sounds like an amazing gun.  The fact that it measures 6" x 4" x 1" and only weighs 1.6 pounds fully loaded is amazing.  That small size and Lilliputian weight disguises a 9mm bore and a standard capacity of ten 9x19 rounds. 

That M45A1 is a like a piece of artwork.  I've discovered that it belongs a line of six pistols Colt calls the "Rail Gun" line.  The models all share the M1911 pedigree but also have several modern upgrades, with the most obvious being the incorporation of a Picatinny rail system.  Each model retains the basic M1911 pistol shape.  However, each model possesses its own unique look created by the cosmetic modifications specific for that model.  More importantly however, the models also differ in their basic specs, i.e. weight, dimensions, barrel length, clip capacity, etc. 

If you haven't done so recently, check out the Colt website to see pics of the Rail Gun line, plus all the other civilian pistol models they make- http://www.colt.com/.  I didn't realize how many pistols Colt offers.  Be sure to check out all the the military & law enforcement weaponry Colt manufactures as well!  M203 Grenade Launcher anyone??? 

Thanks loacknloadfzj80 for sharing the images and feedback on your Forza cables, and for inadvertently including a peek at your excellent personal sidearm. 
biggrin.gif
  Plus you helped broaden the choices I have for purchasing my next sidearm. 

My apologies to everyone on Head-Fi for hijacking this thread with sidearm talk.  This will be my last non-audiophile post on this thread.  I just hope the gun talk doesn't end up scaring Matthew away when he eventually pays the thread a visit. 

Apr 17, 2015 at 4:49 AM Post #689 of 4,764
Received the AWG20 Copper HPC MK2 cable (the extra bass one) for the LCD-X's today.

Only listened for about 1-2 hours so far, and I'm liking it a lot :). I definitely feel that the sound from the X's has improved - bass is deeper and has more presence and the sound feels more coherent. I feel that the difference is quite noticeable. I haven't done any A/B testing or anything yet, for all I know this might all be placebo. It doesn't matter to me whether it is or it isn't though, I'm happy with the cable. It looks sexy, too.

Apr 17, 2015 at 5:02 AM Post #690 of 4,764
  Received the AWG20 Copper HPC MK2 cable (the extra bass one) for the LCD-X's today.

Only listened for about 1-2 hours so far, and I'm liking it a lot :). I definitely feel that the sound from the X's has improved - bass is deeper and has more presence and the sound feels more coherent. I feel that the difference is quite noticeable. I haven't done any A/B testing or anything yet, for all I know this might all be placebo. It doesn't matter to me whether it is or it isn't though, I'm happy with the cable. It looks sexy, too.

Congrats! Who cares if it's placebo, as long as you are happy... 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back