Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Mar 19, 2015 at 3:04 AM Post #647 of 4,764
I've ordered a Copper HPC MK2 (the extended bass AWG20) for my Audeze LCD-X's or LCD-2's (whichever benefits the most).

I want to go with an entry level cable first to see if I can even notice any difference. Greatly looking forward to it :).

Mar 19, 2015 at 6:56 AM Post #648 of 4,764
Hey guys, I stumbled upon Forza cables when I was looking for a new hybrid cable. Damn these cables are cheap.. I was looking at a Whiplash Hybrid first, they're sold around $500. 

Can somebody elaborate a bit on the sound properties of the hybrid cable for iems? Is it still brightish like a silver cable but with good lows, or more smooth like a copper cable or totally different? And does anyone know how they compare to Whiplash cables for instance? I've had a Whiplash V2 silver cable but it was way too bright, and now have a Whiplash TWau gold plated cable. 

Cheers

Mar 20, 2015 at 2:54 AM Post #651 of 4,764
Hey guys, I stumbled upon Forza cables when I was looking for a new hybrid cable. Damn these cables are cheap.. I was looking at a Whiplash Hybrid first, they're sold around $500. 

Can somebody elaborate a bit on the sound properties of the hybrid cable for iems? Is it still brightish like a silver cable but with good lows, or more smooth like a copper cable or totally different? And does anyone know how they compare to Whiplash cables for instance? I've had a Whiplash V2 silver cable but it was way too bright, and now have a Whiplash TWau gold plated cable. 

Cheers

Please refer to my posts few pages back. I compared there Hybrid and Cooper cables on SE 5way Ref.

Mar 26, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #654 of 4,764
I ordered the Hybrid Series IEM cable late last year for my Noble Audio 3Cs. After some extended listening time, I can safely say that I absolutely love this cable.

First, the build quality is top notch. Great anchoring and solid feel while still retaining great flexibility. Took a bit to 'break in', but it's great now. The ViaBlue plug, which I had never heard of before, looks great and works well. I was worried about not having any strain relief, but the anchoring is so solid and the cable has enough range of motion at the connection that it is no longer a concern. The carbon fiber splitter is subdued and tasteful. The L-shaped standard IEM plugs are now my favorite. The two wires fit well behind the ear, and the shape of the plug keeps them there. The build is wonderful from top to bottom, and looks classy as well. I do want to try one of his IEM cables sleeved though, to see how it affects flexibility and fit. 

Now to the sound. The 3Cs have a very lively and bouncy signature. Since I look more for enjoyment than balance in my headphones, they fit me perfectly as they make all manner of genres an absolute blast to listen to. The Hybrid cable smoothed out much of the range, while adding a bit of sparkle to the treble. The bass was tightened considerably, while still retaining great impact and depth. The entire range became clearer and airier. It created a sound that made detailed instrumentals such as plucked strings that much better, while still retaining the fun and bouncy feel for EDM. 

A wonderful cable for a wonderful price. I can't recommend FAW more. 

I also ordered a LOD and a Copper Series IEM cable for my uncle, and he absolutely loves them. 

Mar 27, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #655 of 4,764
What does the splitter 2x Viablue (2x3 XLR setup only) means?

Mar 27, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #657 of 4,764
It's for cable that uses 2 XLR connectors. You'd need something like Schiit Mjornil to use cable like that.

Not on the PLUG side but on the SPLITTER

Ordered Noir HPC mk2 for my LCD's on Monday. Can't wait for it to arrive.

Mar 27, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #659 of 4,764
I just found this thread.  Great stuff to be seen here.

I auditioned both the hybrid and copper cable with my CIEM.  I preferred the copper cable over the hybrid for my neutral IEM where the hybrid took precedence paired with a bass-heavy IEM.

The copper cable improved my go-to custom by a LARGE amount.  The difference in sound was way more than I ever got from going from one amplifier to another.  The difference in sound was more comparable to going from one in-ear to another.  The cable made such a huge difference that I was in utter awe.  I can't recommend the copper cable enough to folks with well-balanced in-ears.  I still can't believe how much the sound changed because I didn't think there was anything off with my customs.  There actually wasn't anything off, the cable just made everything better!  I don't know how else to explain it.  You have to try it for yourself.

Mar 27, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #660 of 4,764
I just found this thread.  Great stuff to be seen here.

I auditioned both the hybrid and copper cable with my CIEM.  I preferred the copper cable over the hybrid for my neutral IEM where the hybrid took precedence paired with a bass-heavy IEM.

The copper cable improved my go-to custom by a LARGE amount.  The difference in sound was way more than I ever got from going from one amplifier to another.  The difference in sound was more comparable to going from one in-ear to another.  The cable made such a huge difference that I was in utter awe.  I can't recommend the copper cable enough to folks with well-balanced in-ears.  I still can't believe how much the sound changed because I didn't think there was anything off with my customs.  There actually wasn't anything off, the cable just made everything better!  I don't know how else to explain it.  You have to try it for yourself.

Interesting! I have JH13fp ciems and wonder which of the hybrid or copper cable would be the best fit. I guess you can't go wrong with the hybrid. What iems do you have?

I just tapatalked!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back