For studio monitoring, wich headphone should I get?
Sep 8, 2011 at 10:28 AM Post #31 of 33
I'm on a netbook with a small screen. Can't see the title of that CD. But I was wrong about the title of the CD's I have. .One is called Classic sinatra. I think the other is the same, but vol 2. They contain songs that he recorded on Capitol records mostly in the late '50's. Amazing arrangements that sound great no matter what you listen to them with. 

Quote:
Hmmm...don't really know which CD's you are talking about...

However, if you want to hear Sinatra come back to life...listen to this CD:

Sep 8, 2011 at 10:50 AM Post #32 of 33
The recorded materials can be sounds bright as well, for example...Frank Sinatra can sound great on the HD-580/650, but the other 90% of the music on the same system it  sounds dark and veil. So, for people that listen exclusive to Frank Sinatra, or other big band staff. most of the hps can sounds on the bright side.  

that is true. even on my pioneer monitor 10's it can get very bright on some tracks. i never used the 580's or 650's so i can't comment on them.

Sep 8, 2011 at 10:56 AM Post #33 of 33

Yes, of course, but it's not very likely that all folks who love the Senn hd6X0's have bright systems.....might not even be the majority. I have an amp and DAC that are considered neutral, FWIR. I think an even bigger factor is subjective taste....along with physiology....shape of the ears....and the brain, and the way it handles perception. That's why it's impossible to say which phone is the 'best'. Best according to who? The 'subject'...the individual... enters into the equation no matter what system you have. Even highly skilled audio engineers with 'neutral' systems don't always agree.
Quote:
...and again, it's depend on what system do you listen on.

EDIT: Keep us in the loop, lejaz!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back