Focal Utopia General Discussion
Sep 26, 2017 at 7:26 AM Post #4,606 of 20,602
I couldn't help noticing the rather prominent poll at the top of each page of this thread. What exactly are the problems people have been having with their Utopias?
Dead drivers.

My first utopia got QC issue as well, i can hear something similar to loose screw in the right driver.

Sep 26, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #4,608 of 20,602
Thanks for the feedback! So the drivers are sort of still working, but something rattles around? Is that correct?

Has that been the case for all/most repairs?
It was working ok, but i heard rattle/crackling sound whenever i tilt my head. Fortunately, the store gave me 1 to 1 new replacement.

Sep 26, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #4,610 of 20,602
Does anyone know for sure or have experience with focal warranty transfer for utopias? Focal website states 2 years for original purchaser and 6 months for 2nd owners?? but not very clear to me... So, if you buy from someone who purchased it 6 months ago, you are on your own??

Sep 26, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #4,612 of 20,602
Thanks @banco-sg - glad it got fixed.

How about the other folks that needed their Utopias' repairing? Anybody else willing to share their story?
Minor rattle in right driver under decent bass after about 7 months. Subtle, but apparent and distracting. I bought from authorised supplier and they issued RMA immediately provided I returned headphones with the leather box and accessories (which I kept). I'm happy with the warranty process for first line purchasers.

Sep 26, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #4,613 of 20,602
c
Does anyone know for sure or have experience with focal warranty transfer for utopias? Focal website states 2 years for original purchaser and 6 months for 2nd owners?? but not very clear to me... So, if you buy from someone who purchased it 6 months ago, you are on your own??
I think that is correct. warranty starts from data of purchase.

Can you post a link to the warranty you read?

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2017 at 4:52 PM Post #4,619 of 20,602
a company that will not repair out of warranty or second hand products will ultimately lose customers....kind of stupid and I say that as an owner

Users who are viewing this thread

Back