Focal Utopia General Discussion
Mar 10, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #2,536 of 20,638
  Has anyone used an air duster on their Elear or Utopia?

Wondering if over time dust is going to impair headphone performance and the best way to clean the headphones.

How about playing loudly on the Utopia / Elear which will remove all dust from the drivers? :p

Mar 10, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #2,538 of 20,638
Has anyone tested the Focal Utopias with the PONO Player? Will it sound noticeable better than the Elears? (I have pono + Elear in balanced mode)

I know it is not the best set-up, but I only listen to headphones when I am not at home and portability is a must.

I often sit and listen consciously while I am outside my home.

Thanks!

Mar 10, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #2,539 of 20,638
  Has anyone tested the Focal Utopias with the PONO Player? Will it sound noticeable better than the Elears? (I have pono + Elear in balanced mode)

I know it is not the best set-up, but I only listen to headphones when I am not at home and portability is a must.

I often sit and listen consciously while I am outside my home.

Thanks!

i have not listened to the Utopia on the PONO player.  i have listened to the Utopia, and the PONO, but not together.

according to some here, that negates me from making a valid comment on the topic.  so i won't.

Mar 10, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #2,540 of 20,638
Just bought a used pair of Focal Utopia's last night from a Headfi member.
Should get them next week.
Looking forward to comparing them to my modded Hifiman HE-6 and Sennheiser HD800 +sdr.

Mar 11, 2017 at 6:41 AM Post #2,544 of 20,638
Also I don't want the Mrs using them when I'm in work,last time I let her use a pair of my headphones she was trying to plug it into the banana socket on the back of my amp, not good

Personally i suspect damage and wear and tear is far more likely if they're always being plugged and unplugged, move about, handled other than being put on and off the head etc than being placed carefully to one side after listening.

My wife wouldn't dream of using my headphones anyway so that's one risk down!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back