Focal Utopia General Discussion
Nov 2, 2017 at 7:36 PM Post #5,296 of 20,624
iAudio365

I got mine on amazon for $4.76
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QWXO2FI

9935285_l.jpg

I put a little flat foam on on the underside. Two 2" pieces. Once on the left and one on the right. that left a little indentation in the middle (like a Sennheiser), which provides some relief to the top of my head.

Nov 3, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #5,299 of 20,624
I have a question, my utopias make a “click” sound from the left ear cup when you move it in and out if that makes sense? So if your holding your headphones with both hands by the earcups and push them in and out the left ear cup will make a “click”, “click”, “click” if that’s a better description, I think it’s the little o rings you can see when you look behind the silver screw thats holding the cup on the carbon fibre yoke.

It doesn’t effect anything at all, was just curious can you remove the ear cup? Might need to lube it up a bit haha.

Nov 3, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #5,300 of 20,624
I have a question, my utopias make a “click” sound from the left ear cup when you move it in and out if that makes sense? So if your holding your headphones with both hands by the earcups and push them in and out the left ear cup will make a “click”, “click”, “click” if that’s a better description, I think it’s the little o rings you can see when you look behind the silver screw thats holding the cup on the carbon fibre yoke.

It doesn’t effect anything at all, was just curious can you remove the ear cup? Might need to lube it up a bit haha.

Check the tension springs on each attachment point on the yoke to ear cups. Those could easily be making the clicking sound.

Nov 3, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #5,302 of 20,624
How does one go about doing that? That is what i believe it to be just not sure how to loosen it.

I would email Focal on that. I had a very minor "clicking" so I flexed the ear cup back and forth firmly and it went away. I do not recommend you do this and I'm fortunately in hindsight that I didn't break the cups because they are plastic.

Nov 3, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #5,303 of 20,624
I would email Focal on that. I had a very minor "clicking" so I flexed the ear cup back and forth firmly and it went away. I do not recommend you do this and I'm fortunately in hindsight that I didn't break the cups because they are plastic.

Honestly it’s not even a big deal, as i said it doesnt’t effect a single thing apart from ocd haha. It will do it some times others times it won’t.

Was just more curious than anything.

Nov 6, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #5,305 of 20,624
2 things- I get sound when moving the ear cups back and forth but never hear that when its on my head (since my head doesn't make them turn abruptly...) Is this what other people are experiencing?

I was listening a bit ago to the Utopias out of the Rogue Audio Sphinx v2 Integrated Amp and it is the bees knees out of the headphone out. I know I am late to the party on this but its totally worth a listen. This system has a Ortofon red cart on it and we have another turn table set up that has the blue cart. Even with the lesser red cart I still prefer it due to the Sphinx into the mix... Gives it wider sound stage and clarity. Good synergy with the Utopia in my opinionBBBEF0A6-C02C-4BED-BF9A-6E3064EE036A.jpeg

I am always curious how many vinyl junkies there are with the headphone community in general, let alone paired with the Utopia!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 6, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #5,306 of 20,624
2 things- I get sound when moving the ear cups back and forth but never hear that when its on my head (since my head doesn't make them turn abruptly...) Is this what other people are experiencing?

I was listening a bit ago to the Utopias out of the Rogue Audio Sphinx v2 Integrated Amp and it is the bees knees out of the headphone out. I know I am late to the party on this but its totally worth a listen. This system has a Ortofon red cart on it and we have another turn table set up that has the blue cart. Even with the lesser red cart I still prefer it due to the Sphinx into the mix... Gives it wider sound stage and clarity. Good synergy with the Utopia in my opinion

I am always curious how many vinyl junkies there are with the headphone community in general, let alone paired with the Utopia!

I am one of those vinyl junkies.
Listening Utopia with vinyl is better than digital.

Nov 7, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #5,308 of 20,624
I have a serious question boys, girls. What's going to a better purchase to use with the Utopia... Chord Mojo, IFI IDSD BLACK. What's going to work better for me. I know the IFI is more powerful.

Nov 7, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #5,310 of 20,624
Power can only do so much. There are other things that you would call “finesses” to be concern about :). Are you looking for an all in one device, or a stack
All in one. I'm going to use an OTG cable to connect to my Samsung Galaxy. And use Tidal lossless with it, sometimes Spotify as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back