Focal Stellia Review, Measurements, Interview - Head-Fi TV
Oct 22, 2019 at 8:04 PM Post #1,351 of 4,499
Yeah, I had no idea that C3 wouldn't work with my Stellia headphones. The noise is very audible and annoying.
I tried LCD-2 cans with C3 and there was no background noise.
that's disappointing. it sounds like a faulty unit. will you be contacting burson audio about it?
I tried my old burson amp https://6moons.com/audioreviews/burson10/1.html
It has no background noise with stellia headphones. On both Low level and Medium level gain settings.
i didn't detect any unwanted noise when i auditioned the stellia with the cv2+

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2019 at 10:16 PM Post #1,355 of 4,499
Thanks, didn’t know such cushions existed:wink: However, I wrote to focal about this and they (local distributor) quickly replied back:

The colour change on your Stellia headband is quite normal – leather in light colours WILL change when used, just like furniture with light leather colour or car seats. This is a function of the leather being a natural product. And being in contact with human skin will change the colour just like the armrest on a chair.

That being said I can tell You from several visits to the Bentley factory, that they use baby wipe’s without perfume to keep the leather in their cars as smooth and colourresistant as possible.

So I have decided, that my Stellia’s are keepers and I will see how the colours evolves over time.
They sound so sweet....:ksc75smile:

How have your Stellias held up? How's the discoloration? It seems most apparent only in certain focused lights. Did you use babywipes w/o perfume?

Nov 11, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #1,356 of 4,499
How have your Stellias held up? How's the discoloration? It seems most apparent only in certain focused lights. Did you use babywipes w/o perfume?
Honestly, I didn’t have much success with the baby wipers. Rather frustrating until I took another approach: In stead of trying to prevent the discolouration I try to “distribute” it evenly:L3000: That means that I rub the upper part and the sides of the headband on/with my head. Consider also to apply some kind of oil/grease. Sounds silly I know, but eventually it will be like a nice well worn pair of leather gloves - I hope :wink: Have to say though, that I intend to keep them not matter what. .....

Nov 11, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #1,357 of 4,499
Honestly, I didn’t have much success with the baby wipers. Rather frustrating until I took another approach: In stead of trying to prevent the discolouration I try to “distribute” it evenly:L3000: That means that I rub the upper part and the sides of the headband on/with my head. Consider also to apply some kind of oil/grease. Sounds silly I know, but eventually it will be like a nice well worn pair of leather gloves - I hope :wink: Have to say though, that I intend to keep them not matter what. .....

I have a demo pair now and I can see the discoloration in the demo pair in certain lights. My pair arrives this week and trying to plan ahead. I love the sound and I'm trying to accept that these will be my next 3-5 year pair and I'll probably buy new pads at some point. But it does worry me about resale if my mind changes. But right now, these and my Audeze LCD-3 complement each other so well I can see keeping both as my mains.

Nov 11, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #1,358 of 4,499
But right now, these and my Audeze LCD-3 complement each other so well I can see keeping both as my mains.
I hear things the same way. They are a great compliment to one another.

Has anyone received a replacement headband from Audeze? If so, what was the cost?

Nov 23, 2019 at 1:13 AM Post #1,360 of 4,499
Nov 23, 2019 at 11:53 AM Post #1,361 of 4,499
I'm enjoying the synergy with Arche DAC/Amp. Initially I was skeptical, but I'm pretty happy with this combo. The sound slightly laid back but without sacrificing the resolution and sound stage. ifi Pro iDSD is better in all technical aspect, but Arche provides nice organic musicality for my testes. I mainly listen jazz, classical, and female vocals.

Nov 24, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #1,362 of 4,499
Hello guys,recently i bought my focal stellia,ti replace my 820,but i'm not satisfied,soundstage inexistent and sound too warm
I'm pairing them with a wm1a.
Now my question..should i turn back to the 820 or should i change my dap for an astell kern sp1000 for a better sinergy?and give another chance to these stellia?

Nov 24, 2019 at 8:27 AM Post #1,363 of 4,499
Hello guys,recently i bought my focal stellia,ti replace my 820,but i'm not satisfied,soundstage inexistent and sound too warm
Now my question..should i turn back to the 820 or should i change my dap for an astell kern sp1000 for a better sinergy?and give another chance to these stellia?
How long have you had them? How much listening time do you have with the Stellia?

Nov 24, 2019 at 8:39 AM Post #1,364 of 4,499
How long have you had them? How much listening time do you have with the Stellia?
I have them since two week with 150 hours burn in.

Nov 24, 2019 at 8:55 AM Post #1,365 of 4,499

You seem to need a brighter sounding DAP such as SP1000SS, which will offer much better synergy with the Stellia. It will sound more neutral, with better soundstaging. However, the Stellia will still have slightly elevated bass and a smaller soundstage compared to the HD820. So I would say that it is worth trying an SP1000SS, but there is still some risk that the Stellia simply is not the best closed-back for your preferences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back