1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Focal Stellia Review, Measurements, Interview - Head-Fi TV

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Feb 12, 2019.
First

Back
79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88
90 91 92 93 94
Next

Last
  1. teknorob23
    Until perhaps the verite closed? :wink:

2. Topbanana
    More expense ...... I need a cheaper hobby!

3. atahanuz
    Do you EQ your Stellia?

4. noplsestar
    it is upocc with furutech connectors as stated in the description

5. teknorob23
    Sorry which cable are you referring to?

6. noplsestar
    no problem. I just found out when clicking to the link @Topbanana posted

7. atahanuz
    It is sad to see people discussing cables in 2019... although cables don't effect sound quality has been scientificly proved many times. Moon Audio cables are the biggest scam ever lol.

8. mixman
    Guess I not only missed those studies, but I actually put my money where my mouth is, bought cables and proved to myself that cables do sound different. There are scientific reasons for it starting with capacitance.

teknorob23 and jmpsmash like this.
  9. up late
    *sigh* take the cable debate to the sound science forum where it isn't off-topic

bfreedma likes this.
  10. mixman
    Done with the "debate" but as YOU all well know there is plenty of slightly off topic debate in threads!!!

11. up late
    but the cable "debate" - for want of a better word, has been deemed off-topic by the mods if it is conducted outside of the sound science forum because it repeatedly derails threads. and yet it still continues ad nauseam in this one.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  12. Topbanana
    Personally, the only reason I went 'custom' was to get a shorter balanced cable for a DAP without using adapters. IMHO cables are a valid topic for the Stellia as the supplied cables are shockingly bad! Lengths, connectors, microphonics and flexibility are awful. Buy these headphones and be prepared to spend extra to tailor to your need. The standard cables seem to be an advert for their desktop amp; they are very pretty though and suit the style of the headphone

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    teknorob23 likes this.
  13. arielext
    Style over function with the stock cables unfortunately.

Topbanana likes this.
  14. Topbanana
    I guess this thread may solve the science debate as I doubt we'll all buy the Arche headphone amp and we all have to buy a new cable!

15. up late
    discussing the stellia's cable and after-market alternatives is on-topic. arguing over whether headphone cables affect sound quality is not.

First

Back
79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88
90 91 92 93 94
Next

Last