1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Focal Stellia Review, Measurements, Interview - Head-Fi TV

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Feb 12, 2019.
First

Back
41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61
Next

Last
  1. joshuachew
    F06724B9-1BA4-4C2A-A545-C8AFA5617A3D.jpeg
    Certainly helps with the long lonely nights in the office.

andrewd01 and montanari like this.
  2. up late
    focal's headphones are known for having a forward presentation, so it's interesting that you find the stellia slightly wanting in that regard

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    BassicScience likes this.
  3. joesuburb
    I don't have any kind of trained ear nor much to compare them to other than my home system. The Nautalis 800 has a very detailed and bright tweeter without sounding harsh, one of the things I love about them.

4. joesuburb
    So serious question. What's up with the rtings review of the Stellia? Seems bizarre that they prefer a $127 headphone to these. LOL

5. up late
    i'm not surprised that treble sounds more prominent or extended from your loudspeakers than your headphone - it does from mine as well

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  6. up late
    yikes! :wink:

7. teknorob23
    I think you’ve probably answered your own question there :wink:

bidn and TooFrank like this.
  8. 329161
    You just disagree with them. Nothing necessarily "wrong" with it. Just in the same way as others may disagree with your opinion. Does that make you "wrong"?

9. arielext
    We all know the only thing wrong is the darned stock cable of this work of art :wink:

10. Beagle
    Are people finding them warm in the upper bass (as the graph would appear to indicate) or does it come across more as a warm music coloration that benefits the music?

I have owned the Elear, Clear and Elegia and it could be said that they are a bit cold and clinical when compared to the sounds of voices and instruments that are live.

11. doboo57
    I own the Stellia, the Clear and the Elegia.

Yes, the Stellia have pretty good presence in the bass department (the Clear and the Elegia's bass is maybe a bit quicker, but not as textured as the Stellia). The vocals are sounding more natural and less dry with the Stellia than the other two. They sound smoother AND they provide by far the better detail retreival of all of those three (probably the Beryllium magic power!). They don't have the Elegia's "metallic timbre" which tends to be a bit fatiguing with bright tracks/genres. I may prefer the Clear's more linear/flat tuning, especially for jazz, but the Stellia's warmer tuning is a real beast for most genres (like rock and more contemporary genres).

All in all, the Stellia sounds more musical and provides more details than the Clear and the Elegia. They're not as neutral than the Elegia and the Clear (so not the best for monitoring), but they're so much enjoyable! It could be my only pair of headphones (and be pretty happy with it)...

Hope this could help you.

darkless, andrewd01 and Beagle like this.
  12. Beagle
    That was exactly what I was looking for. A wonderful summation. Thank you :slight_smile:

13. joesuburb
  14. bfreedma

If you're looking for an extremely flexible cable, I'd suggest Headphonelounge. Ted is great to work with and has a very quick turnaround time. I needed a longer (and far less stiff) cable for my Utopia, and have to say that the quality of the build and cost of the cable was very good. Skip the sleeve if you want to minimize weight and maximize flexibility.

15. arielext
    This is my answer:

First

Back
41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61
Next

Last