1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Focal Stellia Review, Measurements, Interview - Head-Fi TV

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Feb 12, 2019.
First

Back
39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59
Next

Last
  1. Beagle
    upload_2019-6-21_22-14-1.jpeg

2. joshuachew
    Only on HeadFi can we get away with replies like these....

3. teknorob23
    Did you get hold of focal? Because I’m facebooked them about something else and they care back to me with in the hour :)

4. joshuachew
    Hi. Yes. They got back to me on Facebook. Thank you for that. They informed me that they have headband and earoad replacements but for earcio replacements I have to enquire with the dealer and the dealer will be in contact with Focal about it.

teknorob23 likes this.
  5. abirdie4me
    Anyone know if New Age Electronics (online) is an authorized dealer? They have the Stellia for $2400 usd, don't want to pull the trigger if the warranty wouldn't be valid.

6. TooFrank
    41CFE7D5-2E6A-4BD2-BFF7-6D83171F2716.jpeg FWIW: Focal reply swiftly using ordinary mail:) For the time being, my biggest challenge with the Stellia’s is: I don’t want to take them off......

gibsonsg87 likes this.
  7. akb48jue
    Hey All
    A quick question, I want to replace the original cable of Stellia, what's the best cable I should try? any recommendations?

8. musicman59
    It all depends how much you want to spend.
    I went deep with the Axios AG for my Utopia after listening to the pairing at Axpona last year.
    I am planning on buying the Stellia and will use this cable with a direct adapter from Lemo connector to the 3.5 Stellia uses.

9. dawktah2
    Does anyone know correct pronunciation of Stellia?

10. xxx1313
    It is probably [ˈstellia] or ['stɛlia]. I guess that its name is derived from the the Italian word "stella", which means "star" in Englisch.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    bidn likes this.
  11. teknorob23
    Your not alone in wanting to replace the piece of old rope focal supply with the stellia. Another kindly headfier kindly introduced me to neotech up-occ wire and with a bit of instruction i've made my own. This mono-crystal wire is supplied to by neotech to many of the very highend hifi makers, who use it predominantly as hook up wire for internals. Very few hp cable makers use it, for reasons having tried it, that i cant fathom. All my shop bought cables are now on ebay this stuff really is that good. Happy to talk you through which materials to buy to suit your system and the build or failing that build you one if you cover the materials costs and shipping. :)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    BiggieBig and emrelights1973 like this.
  12. BiggieBig
    I can vouch for Rob :) I made a cable based on his advise at around 120hrs burnin now with Amp8 ibasso. Neotech cable up-occ silver/copper 8 core.

And boy does this beauty sound excellent massive sound stage, the Stellia with this cable\amp is just perfect plenty off bass , lots of detailed clarity. I'm not very good at describing sound so I'll just sum it up it's just perfect. it's like your brain is deceiving you with surrounded sound every where with bass/mid/treble at masses with perfect control.

my friend (also audiophile) borrowed then for a day and when I asked him he just smiled and responded 'I have no words except for every thing just sounds perfect'

teknorob23 and bidn like this.
  13. joesuburb
    This may be retarded, but I've ordered a set of Stellias mostly for use at work. I do a lot of conference calls and would love to use them with a Mic.

Does anyone know a good cable that I dont have to make myself with a mic built in?

14. abirdie4me
    I just plug in a separate usb mike and keep it separate from the headphones. I use a $79 Blue Yeti Nano, but there are a bunch of other usb options out there.

15. joesuburb
    We don't have fixed desks. We float around and take whatever office or desk is available, so I don't want to carry around anything big.

I found a wireless bluetooth lapel mic that is small and I'm going to try.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075QZXL2D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

First

Back
39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59
Next

Last