Focal Elear - Impressions Thread
May 3, 2022 at 1:46 PM Post #6,586 of 6,742
Yes they come straight from Focal's factory in France to our warehouse. We are currently doing the end of life fun on Focal's Clear OG along with the Clear OG ear pads.
đź‘Ťđź‘Ťđź‘Ť

May 9, 2022 at 1:13 AM Post #6,588 of 6,742
Just ordered a pair of Focal Clear Ear Pads from Headphones.com on sale for $79. I'm looking forward to seeing how they compare to the Sendy Aiva pads I have.
A superb value for $79 đź‘Ť

May 11, 2022 at 7:53 PM Post #6,589 of 6,742
Well to my ears and preferences Shroomalistic was right Post #6,170. The Clear pads sound good, better than the stock Elear or Dekoni Fenestrated pads but not as good as the Aiva pads. Well, at least I'm not wondering if I'm missing out on not having the Clear pads anymore.

Last edited:
May 11, 2022 at 8:00 PM Post #6,590 of 6,742
Well to my ears and preferences Shroomalistic was right Post #6,170. The Clear pads sound good, better than the stock Elear or Dekoni Fensetrated pads but not as good as the Aiva pads. Well, at least I'm not wondering if I'm missing out on not having the Clear pads anymore.
How are the Aiva pads better?

May 12, 2022 at 1:29 AM Post #6,592 of 6,742
For me, there is more detail, clarity, air, and soundstage. But I have also upgraded to the Bifrost 2, tube rolled the Valhalla to better performance, and upgraded the cables to some Wywires so YMMV.
Did you A/B the pads within the same setup ?

May 12, 2022 at 1:42 AM Post #6,594 of 6,742
Of course. As soon as I got them today I switched pads several times with different songs I'm familiar with.
so Aiva vs Clear vs Elear pads ? what is your impression.

May 13, 2022 at 1:08 AM Post #6,596 of 6,742
As I said above: The Clear pads sound good, better than the stock Elear or Dekoni Fenestrated pads but not as good as the Aiva pads. For me, there is more detail, clarity, air, and soundstage.
Thanks

May 24, 2022 at 1:23 PM Post #6,597 of 6,742
On the fence here and was hoping for some input here.

Given that the Elear is a few years old and discontinued, would it be better idea to buy the Elex (and gamble with the QC lottery), pick up the OG Clear (at a not so insignificant premium), or buy a second hand Elear and grab some Clear pads (do Focal earphones tend to last long)?

May 24, 2022 at 6:03 PM Post #6,598 of 6,742

Given that the Elear is a few years old and discontinued, would it be better idea to buy the Elex (and gamble with the QC lottery), pick up the OG Clear (at a not so insignificant premium), or buy a second hand Elear and grab some Clear pads (do Focal earphones tend to last long)?
I don’t think you could go wrong in any of those directions. At the time I got mine I was gonna get the Elex, but at that time they were a preorder that was going to be many months away. At the same time headphones.com was doing a sale on the Elear with your choice of Clear pads or Utopia pads, but they didn’t have the Clear pads in stock. So I ended up with the Elear with Utopia pads, but eventually bought clear pads and sold the Utopia pads and the stock Elear pads.

May 24, 2022 at 9:24 PM Post #6,599 of 6,742

The Elex are on sale for $599 and the Clears for $890. I think I'd let my wallet and warranty decide.

May 25, 2022 at 8:29 PM Post #6,600 of 6,742

I like that description 'QC lottery' haha, if I remember correctly, the early Utopia is also having the same problem of driver desoldering.
But I've seen posts saying that it can be solved by simply welding the wires back, and the same problem won't happen again
I used to have both elear and clear, (luckily it survived till I sold it, I hope the buyer is same lucky) what I can say is that their sounds are not quite the same. If have to choose a description for them between 'flavour' and clarity, I'll say Elear belongs to former one and Clear the latter one, what impressed me was Elear's mids, warm and energetic, although it doesn't provide many details, the warmth and smoothness will soon let you forget those shortcomings. Clear, in contrary, is neutral, and crystal clear, as its name suggests, and provides way more details than elear.
If you buy a pre-owned elear now, I think the thing you should really worry about is the pads, it turns like this after couple months of wearing... bruuh
image_editor_1653523586483.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back