Focal Elear - Impressions Thread
Apr 29, 2022 at 10:39 AM Post #6,571 of 6,742
How do you wash this thing? I bought mine used-from an old man. Who knows what hes been up to with? Will earpads get just ruined if you wash them with water and soap? But if not how then? Headband?
Buy new earpads 😁

Apr 29, 2022 at 10:41 AM Post #6,572 of 6,742
Has anyone tried teflon spray to deal with the creaking handband? Does it really help? Other options that work? Please share your personal solutions. Thx!
YES! Mine were creaking a lot. Not just in hand, but on head when moving just a bit, movinh jaws, biting etc. It didnt go totally silent but close. 8 holes in headband, spray tiny bit in each one then twist for a while and make cups go in and out 10 times and let it dry.

Apr 29, 2022 at 11:53 AM Post #6,576 of 6,742
How do you wash this thing? I bought mine used-from an old man. Who knows what hes been up to with? Will earpads get just ruined if you wash them with water and soap? But if not how then? Headband?
This stuff will work miracles....
Motorex Oil of Switzerland Helmet Care.
Cleans, deodorizes, and is friendly to the pad materials. One tin will last you forever. Cheap for what it does. Easy to use and ear pads and headbands are child's play compared to what it can tackle. Spray on, gently rub it in, sponge off, let dry.
Available at any good motorcycle dealer and online.

Apr 29, 2022 at 12:22 PM Post #6,577 of 6,742
This stuff will work miracles....
Motorex Oil of Switzerland Helmet Care.
Cleans, deodorizes, and is friendly to the pad materials. One tin will last you forever. Cheap for what it does. Easy to use and ear pads and headbands are child's play compared to what it can tackle. Spray on, gently rub it in, sponge off, let dry.
Available at any good motorcycle dealer and online.
Yep, that is probably perfect. 9 euro a can it seems.

Apr 30, 2022 at 11:46 AM Post #6,580 of 6,742
Somewhere earlier in this thread a friendly user shared a 3d printable file for pad adapters. I used it and ordered them through Thingiverse. I've been using the Sendy v2 pads on my Elear, and enjoy them, though I don't have stock or Clear pads to compare. It took a little wiggling to get the pads on the adapters to settle into position, but they did after a short time.

Apr 30, 2022 at 12:43 PM Post #6,581 of 6,742
Interesting. How do you make them fit Elear?
I first tried them with two-sided tape, then bought the 3d printed pad adapters which worked ok but I finally cannibalized my Elear pads and they really hold the Aiva pads in place (no adhesive needed). I Haven't compared them to the Clear or Elex pads but compared to the Elear and Dekoni Fensterated pads they take Elear to another level at a very affordable price ($29.95). Very pleased with the end result! Search this thread for Sendy Aiva.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2022 at 3:15 PM Post #6,582 of 6,742
Yep, that is probably perfect. 9 euro a can it seems.
Remember the original cost of a new Elear set was 1,000 Euros and the included pads are priced for around $200. Earpads have a big effect on the sound.
You should do justice to the Elear or keep the old pads.

May 2, 2022 at 12:37 AM Post #6,584 of 6,742
The Elear with Clear OG pads sound--by far-and-away--the best to my ears (compared to stock or Elex pads).
Headphones.com was selling the Clear pads for $99.
Better check if those are made by Focal or made for Focal before buying.

May 3, 2022 at 12:51 PM Post #6,585 of 6,742
Better check if those are made by Focal or made for Focal before buying.
Yes they come straight from Focal's factory in France to our warehouse. We are currently doing the end of life fun on Focal's Clear OG along with the Clear OG ear pads.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back