Focal Clear Mg Review & Measurements
Feb 7, 2022 at 5:05 AM Post #1,351 of 2,150
This crackling headband... I don't know how this is still not fixed by Focal? Every Focal headphones that i own have that issue, is soo anoying.

Feb 7, 2022 at 5:27 AM Post #1,352 of 2,150
This crackling headband... I don't know how this is still not fixed by Focal? Every Focal headphones that i own have that issue, is soo anoying.
So I did this, problem solved.
PXL_20220114_231651612.jpg

Feb 7, 2022 at 7:34 AM Post #1,353 of 2,150
How do the Focal Clear MG compare to Hifiman Arya Stealth. Does anyone here own both?
If you do or have, can you please in comparison explain sound quality of both? And which you prefer?
Had the Clear MG, Elear and Ananda (have yet to try the Arya).
Kept the Elear and the Ananda.
My preferences have been leaning toward planars and eStats lately, though, too, for their pristine and unencumbered type of presentation.
For me, the MG's Achilles' Heel was their lack of (high frequency) air, which made the treble sound/feel unnaturally "blunted" or constrained. The MG tend to divide reviewers primarily along that line.
Midrange is where the MG excel--and they DO excel, no question about it. It just wasn't enough to make up for their trade-off in the treble, IMHE.

Feb 7, 2022 at 7:59 AM Post #1,354 of 2,150
Had the Clear MG, Elear and Ananda (have yet to try the Arya).
Kept the Elear and the Ananda.
My preferences have been leaning toward planars and eStats lately, though, too, for their pristine and unencumbered type of presentation.
For me, the MG's Achilles' Heel was their lack of (high frequency) air, which made the treble sound/feel unnaturally "blunted" or constrained. The MG tend to divide reviewers primarily along that line.
Midrange is where the MG excel--and they DO excel, no question about it. It just wasn't enough to make up for their trade-off in the treble, IMHE.
I really do like my Clear MG and it's dynamic punch, but when purchasing it I was also considering the Arya Stealth. I have always wondered how they compared and if I would prefer one over the other. Sadly, I don't have a place to sample them side by side, and can't afford both.

Feb 7, 2022 at 9:20 AM Post #1,355 of 2,150
I really do like my Clear MG and it's dynamic punch, but when purchasing it I was also considering the Arya Stealth. I have always wondered how they compared and if I would prefer one over the other. Sadly, I don't have a place to sample them side by side, and can't afford both.
I don't have the Arya stealth, but I have both the Arya Classic (Big Sound Stage) and the Clear MG. I think they compete nicely with one another and I also throw my LCD-XC in that competition. And like you say, it really comes down to the synergy of how they perform with the rest of your chain, and your personal preference. Last night I spent hours listening to the Focal Clear MG being driven by a pair of Nelson Pass ACA Mono-blocks. The synergy from that pairing was breath taking. Where as I prefer the Arya paired with an Ares II R2R DAC and the Audio GD Master 19 amplifier.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2022 at 9:51 AM Post #1,356 of 2,150
I don't have the Arya stealth, but I have both the Arya Classic (Big Sound Stage) and the Clear MG. I think they compete nicely with one another and I also throw my LCD-XC in that competition. And like you say, it really comes down to the synergy of how they perform with the rest of your chain, and your personal preference. Last night I spent hours listening to the Focal Clear MG being driven by a pair of Nelson Pass ACA Mono-blocks. The synergy from that pairing was breath taking. Where as I prefer the Arya paired with an Ares II R2R DAC and the Audio GD Master 19 amplifier.
I really do like the Clear MG and love my LCD-XC it's just clear detailed and smooth. I will most likely save up and eventually get the Arya. Really curious on the sound but don't want to lose my MG to get it and then regret it.

Feb 7, 2022 at 10:16 AM Post #1,357 of 2,150
Yes, punch on MG is just fantastic.

Punch and impact is one of my favorite aspects of headphones but you don’t always find it in higher end cans.

However MG, HE6SE V2, and Ultrasone Edition 8 all have got lots of it. Some of the best IMO and experience.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2022 at 11:17 AM Post #1,358 of 2,150
Why Stealth may I ask? From what I've read it's more intimate and congested soundstage is not necessarily an improvement over more airy V2.

Feb 7, 2022 at 12:05 PM Post #1,361 of 2,150
Why Stealth may I ask? From what I've read it's more intimate and congested soundstage is not necessarily an improvement over more airy V2.
So?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back