Focal Clear headphones
May 29, 2021 at 7:30 AM Post #9,556 of 12,588
+2,5db 100hz low shelf worked best for me
I bought Focal Clear Professional after many doubts, I will use it combined with IFI Micro IDSD Black Label.

I've always read excellent feedback on pairing.

I bought it used from a Headfier, it is in perfect condition and with about 50 hours of use, but without warranty.

How many years have you had your Clear? Never any problem?
I bought the Clears when they were first released. Very happy with them. I'm currently pairing them with a Drop THX 789 amp and a Topping D50s DAC.

May 31, 2021 at 4:02 AM Post #9,561 of 12,588
Great, what settings do you use on BL with the Clear? Eco or Normal? IEMatch? Does it work with XBass or do you have clipping?
I'm on normal mode.
Eco is fine tho because this little amp does have plenty of power!

XBass works pretty well (usefull on some 80's rock albums) but if you push it too far you definitely can experience some clipping, especially on some heavy bass songs. But you really need to push it hard, beyond comfortable listening levels so not really an issue. Unless you want to destroy your ears!

May 31, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #9,564 of 12,588
I just bought and received a Clear OG and it sounds really good and has deep bass. It is a very satisfying listen. The only problem is that I also own a ZMF Verite Closed. When I A/B tested the Clear OG and the ZMF VC, the VC beat it in every category. The VC has a much bigger sound stage and much better treble response. I expected the Clears to win out in punch and slam and clarity, but the VC is better. So, I am probably going to sell the Clears and get a Utopia.
Hi, I'm currently owning a Clear OG and waiting for my VC, wondering how you compare this two for female vocals, ex. Adele etc.?
I'm looking for some improvement on the vocals.

Thanks!

Jun 1, 2021 at 12:14 PM Post #9,566 of 12,588
I got the Clears and for me they are 1 of the best headphones i tried, what i dont like is the white pads, new pads are too expensive. Using them with Chord MOJO, great combination.
You can always try headband covers and Dekoni pads:
BCA142E2-7C9D-417C-AEA5-62FB6E8C0818.jpeg

Jun 1, 2021 at 3:30 PM Post #9,568 of 12,588
Might be a stupid question but what headband cover is that? Something available for general purchase?
It is one of these (will fit the Focal Clear):
1FFBED4A-1230-489A-ABBC-C7A71401E2DB.png

Jun 1, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #9,569 of 12,588
Hi,

Small issue with my Focal Clear Pro (not MG). I hear a faint crackling sound on my right side at random intervals when I move my head or when the cable moves around a little. Put a bit of tape on the cable plastic termination so it fits better (was moving around a bit) and it's a bit better but still happens. Happens both when nothing is playing or with music/movies.

Since I bought them new half a year ago, wondering if I should try and solve the issue using warranty. It's not too big of an issue and, since the cracking is very very faint and only happening somewhat rarely, might be hard to reproduce. Sometimes doesn't bother me but sometimes is annoying as hell.

Happened to anyone?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back