flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Mar 4, 2021 at 6:40 PM Post #28,381 of 39,414
Of course! It’s always a matter of taste! If we all liked the same thing , we wouldn’t have so many gear choices! :)
Can I ask you which EQ you used and what you drove i4 with when you demoed it? Those 2 parameters really do make a big difference.
The Hugo 2 and what the shop set up for the EQ. This was close to two years ago now, so more than that I cannot remember. Tks.

Mar 4, 2021 at 6:40 PM Post #28,382 of 39,414
I get you man! I try to do the same for my dad 😂

I’m too much of a failure for my parents lmao

How much you letting go of the Code 51?

Are your parents SBAF mods?

Mar 4, 2021 at 7:53 PM Post #28,384 of 39,414
E89B83C6-4C2A-4C5B-B6BD-8096CACD7DCF.jpeg

Having received the Trailli a couple days, it is the best iem i’ve ever heard (I own A18s, A18t, Fir M5, Roxanne, Ra c cu, InEar pmx, Equinox, Lola). The soundstage is like a headphone. The treble, vocal, bass are the best !!

Thanks Andrew (Musicteck) for kindly help as always :)

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2021 at 7:55 PM Post #28,385 of 39,414
This thread is basically the Traillii thread at this point. XD. Enjoy!!

Having received the Trailli a couple days, it is the best iem i’ve ever heard (I own A18s, A18t, Fir M5, Roxanne, Ra c cu, InEar pmx, Equinox, Lola). The soundstage is like a headphone. The treble, vocal, bass are the best !!

Mar 4, 2021 at 7:56 PM Post #28,386 of 39,414
Are your parents SBAF mods?
Lmao I’ve never even been on that site.

My family is just in the medical field side of things while I pursued the arts 😂

Which to then means, I’m broke 😭

If I followed what they wanted, I’d probably have waaaay more money to indulge in this hobby of ours but I chose what I was passionate about. So there’s that haha

Mar 4, 2021 at 7:57 PM Post #28,387 of 39,414
Mar 4, 2021 at 7:58 PM Post #28,388 of 39,414
Mar 4, 2021 at 8:23 PM Post #28,390 of 39,414
:bird::bird::bird:

tweet tweeeeeeeeet

Mar 4, 2021 at 8:52 PM Post #28,392 of 39,414
I hear you. Soundstage comes in a bit with me, but it is just not the be all and end all to me. I expect it to be there to what I will call a fairly good degree, but I never hear the wrap-a-round stages, etc. others sometimes mention. I am more into what is in the center sounds like it is in the center and the same for right and left and how far sometimes. I'll let you all provide the details beyond that. Tks.
I agree - if a sax sounds like a kazoo- image precision/placement is irrelevant! Natural, 2-mic recordinigs can be quite spectacular, spatially, but pan-pot fake stereo is not that exciting (well, ok, JimiHendrix's sneeze panning across the stage on the Electric Ladyland album is an exception). Tonality/timbre is a function of time-domain/phase stuff - do the fundamental and overtones "line up" correctly - The relative portion size of the meat, potatoe , and vegetables is not that critical, if they are not served together on the same plate -(weird analogy, granted, but kind'a makes the point)

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2021 at 8:54 PM Post #28,393 of 39,414
This thread is basically the Traillii thread at this point. XD. Enjoy!!

Until the next bird or norse god or something else comes along :relaxed:

Mar 4, 2021 at 9:22 PM Post #28,395 of 39,414
Yup! Been a fan of Kumitate for a while. I do wish they are easier to obtain tho. They’re just stunning! You interviewed him before right?
Indeed, I did. That whole day was pretty crazy; a combination of nerves prior to the interview, confusion as I got lost in Japan's subway system and elation as the interview went so much better than expected. :D I had a couple more Inner View's lined-up that were supposed to take place at CanJam SG, but then COVID happened, so we'll have to wait quite a bit 'til the next instalment.

Actually, with all this talk about the Trailli's headphone-like, out-of-head imaging, I recently spoke to Ito-san about possible purchasing one of his IEMs as a spatial reference. I remember his IEMs being particularly stellar when it came to stage expansion; like, outstandingly so. I wanted to see if that remains true today, and possibly have it in hand to compare against if I ever do get a chance to give the bird a try. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back