flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Mar 5, 2021 at 4:44 AM Post #28,411 of 39,419
More time for me to save up 😂

Honestly tho, I’m actually thankful for these delays. They help my shallow pockets. I’m still recovering from my Wraith purchase, and have quite a bit of time until the Final x DITA S.K comes in. So I’m really thinking about grabbing the FitEar MH335DWSR on the B&S. But the main thing is, Idk which resheller would be the best choice for FitEar. As I understand they do filled acrylic for their shells. Do you have any experience or know any one that do or have gotten a FitEar reshell done well?
I'm similarly thankful for delays, so I can go through more of my review backlog. :D I believe Aure Custom can reshell FitEar IEMs. But, I don't know whether or not they'll be able to retain the faceplates. Here's a reshell they did of the FitEar Aya:

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 16.43.48.png

A company who I know can retain FitEar's signature faceplates is Ambient Acoustics:

fitear.png
13422454_1202118106495675_4085694581299274285_o.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2021 at 5:11 AM Post #28,412 of 39,419
@gLer Bingo, you got it, as long as people don't push back against pressed unicorn testicle type pricing, manufacturers will charge unobtanium prices. Even if the Master himself spends a day tuning each Tralli, they are $3,000 more expensive than they should be.
If you take away the Trailli cable and replace it with Fourte's stock cable they're just about the same price. So when I compare them to the Fourte next week I'm not doing so on the basis of the Trailli being $2500 more expensive than Fourte. In fact I'll put the 1960s on the Fourte so the playing field is perfectly level.

I'm trying not to go into that session with inflated expectations, but based on the praise heaped on the bird on this thread, that's a bit difficult. My ears will ultimately tell me what I need to know.

Mar 5, 2021 at 8:04 AM Post #28,413 of 39,419
Jolene... Jolene... Jolene... Jolene, I’m beggin’ you, please don’t take my... money? :p

EDIT: In my haste to post this announcement video on the thread, I failed to realise that the Jolene was going for $1799, which - when you consider the prices of flagship (or, at least, similarly-spec'ed) IEMs today - is pretty astounding. Now, it's obviously still a costly in-ear. But, if someone as big as JH are pricing their latest-and-greatest like this, then the future is definitely looking bright. I guess you gotta leave it to the godfather of CIEMs to buck trends and forge their own path. :wink:

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2021 at 8:34 AM Post #28,414 of 39,419
Jolene... Jolene... Jolene... Jolene, I’m beggin’ you, please don’t take my... money? :p

the future is now grandpa!

Have you heard it?

Mar 5, 2021 at 8:38 AM Post #28,416 of 39,419

Wow! These are absolutely gorgeous! After seeing the Traillii on every pages of this thread, that’s definitely a shock!! :joy:
Any idea about price?

Mar 5, 2021 at 8:39 AM Post #28,417 of 39,419
Cause then we'd get mugged while wearing
Oriolus is publically traded?
Private companies are purchased by equity firms every day. What I was describing was a factor that puts pressure on pricing in the upward direction. I agree with you that it is already overpriced and struggling to imagine why Oriolus would raise the price. It is a high level performer but come on give us a break here. Do they hate their customers that much?

Mar 5, 2021 at 8:40 AM Post #28,418 of 39,419
Wow! These are absolutely gorgeous! After seeing the Traillii on every pages of this thread, that’s definitely a shock!! :joy:
Any idea about price?
I just checked JH's website and details of it are up there now. It's going for $1799; the same as Lola. Considering all that's been said about flagship prices continuing to rise, JH have pretty much proved most of us wrong with this one. Consider me surprised, but ecstatically so. :)

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 20.39.38.png

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2021 at 8:43 AM Post #28,419 of 39,419
It does look intriguing indeed. Custom only with uni expected later this year if I recall from the review.

Also particularly interesting is that it uses 2x dual DD's. One pair for the bass, and another pair (4.9mm I believe) for the mids. I think this is only the second IEM that I have heard of, other than the Ely, that uses DD's for the mids.

Mar 5, 2021 at 8:46 AM Post #28,420 of 39,419
It does look intriguing indeed. Custom only with uni expected later this year if I recall from the review.

Also particularly interesting is that it uses 2x dual DD's. One pair for the bass, and another pair (4.9mm I believe) for the mids. I think this is only the second IEM that I have heard of, other than the Ely, that uses DD's for the mids.
Well, JH actually started the DD-for-mids trend with the Lola. The ELYSIUM was the second IEM to do this. The Jolene's basically JH riding on their own coattails. :D

Mar 5, 2021 at 8:46 AM Post #28,421 of 39,419

That sounds promising.

Mar 5, 2021 at 8:54 AM Post #28,423 of 39,419
I'm admittedly quite intrigued by this...will be eagerly awaiting impressions. That said the true magic of Ely (as @Deezel177 and others have noted) is the DD mids in conjunction with e-stat highs. Ely and MEST have pretty much sold me on e-stat treble...even the Z1R I have on loan right now can't hold a candle to it.

Mar 5, 2021 at 8:57 AM Post #28,424 of 39,419

EDIT: In my haste to post this announcement video on the thread, I failed to realise that the Jolene was going for $1799, which - when you consider the prices of flagship (or, at least, similarly-spec'ed) IEMs today - is pretty astounding. Now, it's obviously still a costly in-ear. But, if someone as big as JH are pricing their latest-and-greatest like this, then the future is definitely looking bright. I guess you gotta leave it to the godfather of CIEMs to buck trends and forge their own path. :wink:

wow! Looks to be an impressive release from JH. And 4 DDs are unheard of (at least for me). Can’t imagine how the bass and low mids texture is gonna be like.

Mar 5, 2021 at 9:02 AM Post #28,425 of 39,419
I just checked JH's website and details of it are up there now. It's going for $1799; the same as Lola. Considering all that's been said about flagship prices continuing to rise, JH have pretty much proved most of us wrong with this one. Consider me surprised, but ecstatically so. :)

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 20.39.38.png

Now this is a very reasonable pricing by JH! And “analog“ looks to be interesting indeed :relaxed:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back