flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Sep 13, 2020 at 11:53 AM Post #23,896 of 39,414
Sep 13, 2020 at 11:59 AM Post #23,897 of 39,414
It's a great-sounding DAP for the price, IMO. It's a clear step-down from the LPGT or a modded WM1A in terms of resolution, background clarity and top-end extension, but it provides ample staging with a well-executed, organically-natural tonality. This is especially of the treble, which has some of the best-tempered body I've heard out of a DAP. Ride cymbals bell beautifully on them. What I also found neat is that its warm, buttery timbre isn't completely lost when you switch over to solid-state too. It still has a bit of a looseness to its bottom-end, so it's a really wholesome-sounding player no matter the output you pick. I'm tempted to get it myself, but I feel like I'm gonna save my pennies for AK's upcoming KANN ALPHA, simply as a show of support for their long-awaited move to 4.4mm. :D
Can't wait to try the ALPHA too. It was a courageous move by Astell. Finally. I guess if you knock on the door enough times, it might be opened. This time, in the form of a 4.4mm plug hole.

I agree on the N3Pro impression. Sound-wise, build-wise, it's a great player especially considering its price, and peers at that range. It sounds like mini N8 to my ears. But with lower resolution, and a less expansive stage. The warmth of the tube is its unique selling point IMO. So it's something for those who like tube sound, in compact portable form. I tried to like it, but unfortunately couldn't. Preferred something with a brighter sound signature like my laptop 🤦

Sep 13, 2020 at 11:59 AM Post #23,898 of 39,414
I got mine from Valentin So I’m sure he can help u there. U can PM me your details and I can help connect you both. He’s a great guy to deal with. I’ve def been poorer in the last 2-3 mths due to his superb recommendations.
+1 on Valentin. Top guy to deal with and knows his stuff :)

Sep 13, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #23,900 of 39,414
1FEE46A7-E707-4E2C-B3A1-4602C1C4B4E8.jpeg

Talking about N3Pro and Odin. This is what I’ve been listening to over the weekend. Letting it burn in abit more before giving more impressions but the warmer tubes does make the upper mids on the Odin better for me. To be fair, the upper mids are not shouty or harsh but I’m more used to a denser more organic signature.

The blue cable on the Elysium is another superb recommendation from Valentin. It’s the Frozen cable from Taiwanese cable company called OC Studio. Silver gold alloy in 24Awg 4 wire configuration. It’s has elevated the Elysium to levels I’ve not heard even with the TOTL EA and PW cables. It will say resolution, clarity and other technical performance are now on par with or close to Odin’s levels While maintaining and even extending the dense, organic and buttery smooth signature of the Elysium’s mids. There is further bass extension and the extra Sub bass depth has caught me by surprise. I have not been able to get this combo out of my ears driven by both SE200 and Modded MAX for the last week.

With regards to Infinity 2, pics like the one below from Valentine are not making it easy for me. I go weak in the knees when I see Great color coordination like this.

D6883674-186F-4B60-8748-FB0B977041AA.jpeg
Dayum, SE200 looks so good in that brown leather case! I'm curious to hear its ESS side. I quite liked the N6ii E01 ESS sound, and would like to know how AK's ES9068 fare against it (ES9038). Interesting upcoming days :)

Enjoy your listen!

Sep 13, 2020 at 12:19 PM Post #23,902 of 39,414
First I want to say a big thank you to @davidmolliere for the great support, nice pictures and enthusiastic feeback here, on facebook and Instagram about Rhapsodio and my activities (Hifi-Portable / AudiophileRadar). I am indeed the distributor for UE and USA and also managing the brand communication.

Let me share with you more pictures about Rhapsodio products. Rhapsodio is also making incredible cables.

Infinity MKII with Evolution Silver 4

Supreme MK2 with Premium Copper Stock Cable

The Supreme MK2 is the dap suitable version of the MK1. The MK1 needed an additional portable amp, so we decide to do the MK2, keeping the same immensly immersive sound, just using a dap (6VRMS minimum)

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2020 at 12:23 PM Post #23,903 of 39,414
I didn't realise the Infinity MkII were all-BA. Probably not my cup of tea then.
Honestly, give them a try if you can and just forget about anything you know about BA or DD or anything else... It's just something different, no matter the underlying tech.

Sep 13, 2020 at 12:25 PM Post #23,905 of 39,414
Honestly, give them a try if you can and just forget about anything you know about BA or DD or anything else... It's just something different, no matter the underlying tech.
What are the chances of finding one in Cape Town? I've had to buy every piece of my system blind, and my gear is usually the only of its kind in the country! That's why I have to rely on feedback from you guys.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2020 at 12:31 PM Post #23,906 of 39,414
Not just normal BAs. 2 of them has the Double Copper Coil tech and the IEM uses 22awg internal wiring. Not sure what the copper coil does but I’ve not seen that before so I’m motivated to find out more.
If it makes them sound like DD woofers I'm in!

Sep 13, 2020 at 12:48 PM Post #23,909 of 39,414
Not just normal BAs. 2 of them has the Double Copper Coil tech and the IEM uses 22awg internal wiring. Not sure what the copper coil does but I’ve not seen that before so I’m motivated to find out more.
Sammy said that the coil creates a magnetic field that increases the energy of the driver. I don’t understand it myself, but it sounds like an interesting bit of tech.

Sep 13, 2020 at 1:00 PM Post #23,910 of 39,414

Users who are viewing this thread

Back