flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Sep 2, 2020 at 1:08 AM Post #23,776 of 39,414
The Viento was much harder to spit out due to simply the lack of excitement it had and it's safeness. Sultan will be posted tomorrow, I have some really strong thoughts about it (mostly not good) and I gotta get it out without getting Noble to come after me. Let's just say for now what it is and what it costs doesn't line in and you need some extra dimensional math to even balance it remotely. Boy this will probably be the most difficult one I have to write.
Wow I was really looking forward on Sultan! Read really high reviews everywhere for it so this has peaked my interest!

Sep 2, 2020 at 1:20 AM Post #23,777 of 39,414
The Viento was much harder to spit out due to simply the lack of excitement it had and it's safeness. Sultan will be posted tomorrow, I have some really strong thoughts about it (mostly not good) and I gotta get it out without getting Noble to come after me. Let's just say for now what it is and what it costs doesn't line in and you need some extra dimensional math to even balance it remotely. Boy this will probably be the most difficult one I have to write.
Your opinion is your own and you are free to share it. You're not Noble's PR manager and if your opinion of the Sultan is not that positive, so be it. What can help if it is difficult to write is to be descriptive and allow others to judge for themselves. You might not like them, but someone else might.

Sep 2, 2020 at 1:46 AM Post #23,778 of 39,414
Your opinion is your own and you are free to share it. You're not Noble's PR manager and if your opinion of the Sultan is not that positive, so be it. What can help if it is difficult to write is to be descriptive and allow others to judge for themselves. You might not like them, but someone else might.
I'm all too well aware of the drama that has come from opinions and the overzealous mod teams in the last couple years I've been here. Plus Noble tends to be super defensive IE. 2 pin socket issues. So I'm just trying to be extra careful in those kind of cases.

I try to have some other iem(s) to contrast my takes too. So hoping I don't step on someone's toes.

Sep 2, 2020 at 1:48 AM Post #23,779 of 39,414

I'm all too well aware of the drama that has come from opinions and the overzealous mod teams in the last couple years I've been here. Plus Noble tends to be super defensive IE. 2 pin socket issues. So I'm just trying to be extra careful in those kind of cases.

I try to have some other iem(s) to contrast my takes too. So hoping I don't step on someone's toes.

write what you hear , it's not like Dr Noble is gonna send hitmen to your house

very curious now.

Sep 2, 2020 at 1:55 AM Post #23,780 of 39,414
Sep 2, 2020 at 1:56 AM Post #23,781 of 39,414

Like @proedros says. Write what you hear and be sincere in your opinion, if you do I think there is plenty of leeway to express yourself on this forum. As for Noble, just ignore it and stick to doing your own thing. Plenty of people who love the Sultan and a different opinion can only help to inform others, which is what we are here to do, discuss gear and see who likes what and why.

Sep 2, 2020 at 2:08 AM Post #23,782 of 39,414
Alright, here goes 3rd of 6 impressions, got some Taeyeon on tonight.

Did someone say Taeyeon?!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: Any favorite tracks by her?

Great impressions btw. The Viento's near-impossible to find out here in the US. I had the opportunity to demo someone's custom Viento-B the other day, but I literally had to press down on them whilst listening and it hurt like hell, so I gave up haha. Also, about the the Sultan - don't worry about it man! I think it's easy to forget that you're just giving an honest opinion; it's not slander or something like that. I (and I'm sure others) would love to hear your thoughts on it as I don't see much talk about it.

Sep 2, 2020 at 2:23 AM Post #23,783 of 39,414

Uh oh

It’s your turn to get lit up by the little Head-Fi exorcism tag team :D

Sep 2, 2020 at 5:30 AM Post #23,786 of 39,414

Great impressions btw. The Viento's near-impossible to find out here in the US. I had the opportunity to demo someone's custom Viento-B the other day, but I literally had to press down on them whilst listening and it hurt like hell, so I gave up haha. Also, about the the Sultan - don't worry about it man! I think it's easy to forget that you're just giving an honest opinion; it's not slander or something like that. I (and I'm sure others) would love to hear your thoughts on it as I don't see much talk about it.

Off-Topic but did I saw Taeyeon's name?!!

Here are some old pictures that I took of her "Shrine" at her parents optical shop store a few years back :smile:

Nice to know that there are fans of Taeyeon around here as well

13938351_771882116248576_3637177596823718629_n.jpg13932767_771882099581911_7236002373291800974_n.jpg13891881_771882076248580_9066763775061787584_n.jpg

Sep 2, 2020 at 5:51 AM Post #23,787 of 39,414

I was always more of a Hyoyeon fan personally, but fortunately here on Head-Fi, we are all happy to accommodate each other's differing preferences (mostly) :D

Sep 2, 2020 at 5:54 AM Post #23,788 of 39,414
I was always more of a Hyoyeon fan personally, but fortunately here on Head-Fi, we are all happy to accommodate each other's differing preferences (mostly) :D

All's good, happy to accommodate the differing views of everyone though Taeyeon will still be my bias :sweat_smile:

Sep 2, 2020 at 7:58 AM Post #23,789 of 39,414
Hey I demo’d the Roxanne again on Sat and still like it. Owned one before and would still own one if it was half the weight. Gotta love that Murican-fi dark bassy tuning when it comes to listening to rock.
Jerry Harvey does like his rock music

Sep 2, 2020 at 9:32 AM Post #23,790 of 39,414
Jerry Harvey does like his rock music

Went to a Radiohead concert a couple years back and Roxannes are one of the closest I can think that reproduce the live feel and sound I heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back