flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Jan 27, 2020 at 5:16 PM Post #20,881 of 39,414
Lol, then isn't it basically a glorified iPod shuffle?

Horrible UI DAPs can't redeem themselves with amazing SQ, IMO. What's the point of it can't function properly?
Agreed, imo this is another case of audiophile standards being too low

Jan 27, 2020 at 5:29 PM Post #20,883 of 39,414
Lol, then isn't it basically a glorified iPod shuffle?

Horrible UI DAPs can't redeem themselves with amazing SQ, IMO. What's the point of it can't function properly?
Okay...it is obvious you have never used it, I am not going to waste the energy.

The biggest problem is with sensitive IEMs, it will hiss.

Jan 28, 2020 at 1:42 AM Post #20,885 of 39,414
Hey folks, 'wanted to share my first look at Effect Audio's new flagship Code 51 cable. It's a ridiculously expensive cable that only the most fortunate (and least sane) of us would consider sensible. But, at the same time, the performance it brings to the table can't be denied either. Either way, here's the article. Enjoy. :D

Jan 28, 2020 at 2:13 AM Post #20,886 of 39,414
Hey folks, 'wanted to share my first look at Effect Audio's new flagship Code 51 cable. It's a ridiculously expensive cable that only the most fortunate (and least sane) of us would consider sensible. But, at the same time, the performance it brings to the table can't be denied either. Either way, here's the article. Enjoy. :D

A first look at the price and now I'm blind.

Jan 28, 2020 at 4:57 AM Post #20,889 of 39,414
Sorry bruh can't see what you are replying, can you send a voice mail?
W37jCuY.gif

giphy.gif

Jan 28, 2020 at 6:45 AM Post #20,891 of 39,414
This DAP has my jaw on the floor really...

80D72CE7-E9ED-4DC3-BFC3-7D1A8FDA8EB2.jpeg

This is yet another plane field, LP6K is fantastic already but the LPGT is like 8K TV screen vs 4K, most people probably don't need it but it's breathtaking when you have it... the macro and micro dynamics are just a big step up, as well as resolution, headroom and authority... and overall refinement especially with XRC on recordings for which there are no master quality I rediscover...

I have owned WM1Z and I have the N8 on loan but this takes the cake for me.
I'll do some N8 A/B while I have the chance...

I am in awe... I can't thank Andrew at MusicTeck enough...

This is a dream come true :heart_eyes:
I am set for a good while now...

Jan 28, 2020 at 10:01 AM Post #20,894 of 39,414
might be a weird question, but is there any music that you guys know was recorded with a particularly good microphone? Not asking for the sake of music.

Define good. Microphones used in studios nowadays range from $200 all the way to $20000, and they can all be considered good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back